Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 150

Thread: Defenders movie

  1. #16
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Silver Surfer - Luke Goss
    Submariner - James Purefoy
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  2. #17
    Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    There's no shortage of Defenders to choose from for a Defenders movie.

    Assuming all outstanding rights revert back to Marvel, I'd love to see a team consisting of Dr. Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, Ghost Rider and Iron Fist. I think if they wanted to make solo movies of each character beforehand, they could pull it off, except for maybe She-Hulk, who could spin out of a Hulk sequel instead.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

  3. #18
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    i disagree


    but i wont insult your opinion
    That acting is hard and that Namor is much more than "a pompis, egotistical, self assured jerk" is not just my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Meyers could work. He has the natural facial features, and he really can get the arrogant-yet-ice-cold-cool characterisation down. He can bulk up a little as needs be, but unlike others I really, really don't see someone as huge as Dwayne being the right body type for playing Namor.
    I agree that Meyers has certain features and an intensity that would work for Namor, but he has always struck me as a bit petulant and far too slender -- though, as you say, he could bulk up. Hugely muscular is the default in comics, but Namor should have a swimmers build, IMO. I tend to look for actors that can carry off the attitude, the emotional stuff, the speech, and then the look -- which is probably why I haven't settled on anyone known yet.

  4. #19
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Silver Surfer - Luke Goss
    Submariner - James Purefoy
    Purefoy is awesome, but a little old to be playing Namor. Goss as Surfer ... hmmmmm.

  5. #20
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Purefoy is awesome, but a little old to be playing Namor. Goss as Surfer ... hmmmmm.
    i can amend my choice. how old is Namor supposed to look? i was kind of hoping for a lot of CGI to make his already arrogant looking face sort of fit onto a more Namor-esque form; sort of like how they made the villain in 300 look so huge.

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3836909568/nm0700856


    Purefoy is 6'2" is that tall enough to play Strange?
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-08-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    namor is supposed to look elvish and young (and built, of course). he's not immortal, but atlanteans are very long-lived. think of liv tyler or someone else from lotr. similar concept, but abbreviated.

  7. #22
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    namor is supposed to look elvish and young (and built, of course). he's not immortal, but atlanteans are very long-lived. think of liv tyler or someone else from lotr. similar concept, but abbreviated.
    so you want Taylor Lautner, then.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  8. #23
    Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    so you want Taylor Lautner, then.
    If he could actually act, it'd be perfect :/
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    no, he's a little too young, imo.

  10. #25
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no, he's a little too young, imo.
    now i'm confused. you want an older elvish young looking guy.

    how about Sam Witwer?
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4058617088/nm1022429
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    they suggested zac efron once and i hated that choice. i actually like the suggestion for meyers, i think he has the young-looking features and the right build. and of course he can bring the menace.

  12. #27
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they suggested zac efron once and i hated that choice. i actually like the suggestion for meyers, i think he has the young-looking features and the right build. and of course he can bring the menace.
    can he? he always seemed kind of soft to me. Submariner's a beast; a real alpha male type.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  13. #28
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i can amend my choice. how old is Namor supposed to look? i was kind of hoping for a lot of CGI to make his already arrogant looking face sort of fit onto a more Namor-esque form; sort of like how they made the villain in 300 look so huge.

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3836909568/nm0700856


    Purefoy is 6'2" is that tall enough to play Strange?
    I don't think of Strange as particularly tall or short. And actually, Purefoy _would_ be a great choice for him. Good pick!

    Heh ... didn't quite see Purefoy as so arrogant, and he is almost 50 -- though he certainly is still in good shape. They are already going to have to do plenty of CGI for the ankle wings, I'm not sure how much they would want to do.



    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    so you want Taylor Lautner, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    now i'm confused. you want an older elvish young looking guy.
    Taylor Lautner isn't exactly elvish looking. He's just a cute teen idol. He doesn't have an otherworldly, exotic look or most importantly, the presence.


    Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they suggested zac efron once and i hated that choice. i actually like the suggestion for meyers, i think he has the young-looking features and the right build. and of course he can bring the menace.
    Yep, ixnay on Efron too. =_=
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-08-2012 at 02:55 PM.

  14. #29
    IMPERIUS REX!!! Rheged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlantean Embassy
    Posts
    16,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    can he? he always seemed kind of soft to me. Submariner's a beast; a real alpha male type.
    That could be why I've never really warmed to Meyers. I need to watch the Tudors, though.

    Meyers can do menace, but it's more ... I don't know, less about intimidation, and more about the crazy, if that makes sense.

  15. #30
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Taylor Lautner isn't exactly elvish looking. He's just a cute teen idol. He doesn't have an otherworldly, exotic look or the presence.
    wait wait wait. you're 99% right. but you're telling me that he's not exotic looking? i'd say he's a tad more exotic than Zac Effron. :D
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •