Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Defenders movie

Default Defenders movie

Checked a few pages of threads...thought it might already have been done.

With the success Marvel/Disney is having with The Avengers, they should make another superhero team movie with the same name as a TV show...and also has the Hulk in it...The Defenders.

Mark Ruffalo as Hulk/Banner. Johnny Depp as Doctor Strange. The Rock as Sub-Mariner. Yvonne Strahovski as Valkyrie. Who else? Gargoyle? Hellcat? Son of Satan? Falcon instead of Nighthawk? Does Marvel have the movie rights to FF now so they can use Silver Surfer?

There is no other thread particularly about this subject, but it has been discussed quite a lot in the Defenders Appreciation Thread.

Peace

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

the rock was born to play Naymor

he could pull of the speedo look. he has the confidence, arogance

to quote lady gaga "baby he was born that way"

on a similar note, get Black Widow into a CHAMPIONS movie

with Swarm and DARKSTAR

The Rock is a popular choice on fancasts for Namor.

That said, absolutely NO on the Rock playing Namor. I love the Rock, but he's almost always playing the Rock, and Namor is going to need an actor with chops to pull off the character.

I would definitely go see Black Widow in a Champions movie.

For me, the Rock would be perfect playing Black Adam as a villain for a SHAZAM movie. I really don't see him as Namor. Counting me, that's 3 people that would go see a Champions movie. Marvel already has such a hard time fighting to use the name in comics, how hard do you guys think it'd be to get the rights for a movie use?

Peace

Patrick Dempsey from what I've read has expressed a lot of interest in Doctor Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    The Rock is a popular choice on fancasts for Namor.
    Ok, people are more insane than I gave them credit for. Mind you, just about any time a fancast for a male character goes up, you can bet there will be at least one wrestler or ex-wrestler named.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

the rock is the only wrestler id consider and only for one role

how hard is it to act like a pompis, egotistical, self assured jerk... with a god like physique

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    the rock is the only wrestler id consider and only for one role

how hard is it to act like a pompis, egotistical, self assured jerk... with a god like physique
    Clearly, you aren't an actor or haven't watch many movies. I've seen enough badly done roles to realize, it ain't easy to portray larger than life characters. "Yonder lies da castle of my fadder da King."

Also, you seem to miss several salient aspects of Namor, but I guess that's expected of anyone that thought the Rock could capture such a difficult character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    For me, the Rock would be perfect playing Black Adam as a villain for a SHAZAM movie. I really don't see him as Namor. Counting me, that's 3 people that would go see a Champions movie. Marvel already has such a hard time fighting to use the name in comics, how hard do you guys think it'd be to get the rights for a movie use?

Peace
    I think the Rock has expressed an interest in Black Adam, but for much the same reasons, I don't see him in that role either, especially after seeing The Scorpion King.

I doubt the Champions will happen, because they've farmed out the mutants and Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Ok, people are more insane than I gave them credit for. Mind you, just about any time a fancast for a male character goes up, you can bet there will be at least one wrestler or ex-wrestler named.
    The other popular choice is Jonthan Rhys Davies, obviously based off his role as Henry VIII and his elfin features. I'm not really keen on him either, but I'd take him over the Rock.

The other popular choice is Jonthan Rhys Davies, obviously based off his role as Henry VIII and his elfin features. I'm not really keen on him either, but I'd take him over the Rock.
    I think you mean Jonathan Rhys Meyers, rather than Jonathan Rhys Davies. But thankyou for today's absolute laugh out loud moment. ♥
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I think you mean Jonathan Rhys Meyers, rather than Jonathan Rhys Davies. But thankyou for today's absolute laugh out loud moment. ♥
    ROFL! Yes, thank you for the MAJOR correction. Dratted Welsh! I mistook a dwarf for an elf! I'll have to turn in my LOTR badge.

Clearly, you aren't an actor or haven't watch many movies. I've seen enough badly done roles to realize, it ain't easy to portray larger than life characters. "Yonder lies da castle of my fadder da King."

Also, you seem to miss several salient aspects of Namor, but I guess that's expected of anyone that thought the Rock could capture such a difficult character.

i disagree

but i wont insult your opinion

ROFL! Yes, thank you for the MAJOR correction. Dratted Welsh! I mistook a dwarf for an elf! I'll have to turn in my LOTR badge.
    Meyers could work. He has the natural facial features, and he really can get the arrogant-yet-ice-cold-cool characterisation down. He can bulk up a little as needs be, but unlike others I really, really don't see someone as huge as Dwayne being the right body type for playing Namor.