Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thusfar the Nolan Batman movies have not emphasized sexual heat, but I have high hopes for Marion Cotillard.

Quote Originally Posted by osoito View Post
    second picture is better....
    Second picture is cuter . . . but who would you rather have a wild (k)night with?

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Exactly.

You can love both, only morons think this is a competition
    they are actually competing in box office sales. I think some heat among fans is fine. this isn't like Football Holigans fans that will stab you for wearing wrong colors. Just comic book nerds like us.

I'll see both.

I'm pretty sure there's only like 3 actual people who think these two movies have anything at all to do with one another.

Begrudging another super hero movies success is silly and short sighted. The fact that so many of these movies are busting the proverbial blocks is what encourages studios to keep making so many. Whether you're a Batman fanboy, Avengers fanboy, Superman fanboy, Spider-Man fanboy, Black Panther fanboy, Wonder Woman fanboy, Nova fanboy, Doom Patrol fanboy...the chances of your faves getting movies goes up when these movies do well. Plus, Avengers was very good.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I want all good comic movies to do well. Granted, I'm more of a DC loyalist, but I like a lot of Marvel characters too and they deserve their successes. Hopefully these successes will motivate DC.

I'm also thankful we live in a world where comic book movies regularly get better reviews than Oscar winners--and win Oscars themselves!

This is a pretty magical time to be a comic fan. Popular opinion is being changed by pure force of will due to directors, writers, and fans themselves.

I think all these comic book movies, Avengers, Spider Man, and Batman will raise the bar of what we come to expect from comic book movies. And that is a good thing.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Haven't seen Avengers yet but I am excited for the movie. I will TDKR, but I'm kinda meh about it. Loved TDK but what I've seen so far of the third movie leaves me undwerwhelmed. Same for this year's Spider-man (I was more excited for Spider-man 3 than this new one, and I was dreading that). And the next Superman film leaves me pretty cold.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised by all movies, though. TDKR has the best chance of exceeding my expectations, just based on the strength of the last two.

This is like comparing apples to oranges, they're both fruit(superhero films) but the style, tone, and overall feel are completely different.

Batman is a lot more gritty and closer to earth superhero cinema while the avengers is more scifi mixed with fantasy.

Spiderman seems to be a marriage between the two, it's got the scfi fantasy angle like avengers to a lesser extent but also looks to have more character development, but to a lesser extent, like batman.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

BANNED

I might PREFER Batman over any other superhero, but that won't stop me from watching (or enjoying) other superhero movies or TV shows.

I watched the Avengers and enjoyed it but it was a little fluffy in terms of narrative. It was an awesome popcorn flick and it deserves the success it has gained. I can say I will probably prefer Dark Knight Rises and argue it's superiority in spite of the fact that it is an entirely subjective opinion. This has no basis in terms of my comic reading preference as although I like the Batman franchise that does not make me a fan-boy who will read or watch something I don't like because of the character.

I prefer Nolan to Whedon and the tone and style of his Batman films are something that speaks to my taste. I did like the Avengers more than the Burton and Schumacher films. I try to engage in a film in terms of my own taste I love Green Lantern and Daredevil but could tell that the movies held little interest for me so I did not see them.

What I am trying to say is that my enjoyment of source material holds no sway over my opinion on the resulting film.

Both will be good but looking at the trailers for batman avengers looksto be the winner for me. TDKR may be the better and stronger film but its not what I want from batman and Batman. Begins is my favorite superhero film.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    People who aren't idiots will recognize that there is room for both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, and that despite their comic book origins they are incredibly different and equally valid movies that represent two very effective ways of adapting superheroes to the big screen.
    Well said.

/close thread.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett