Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It doesn't matter to me whether DKR does better than A.This is the last movie in a trilogy and it's going to do fine.If WB wants their movies to do the same $$$$,get your act together and start writing some great scripts showcasing your characters.We as fans want this to happen.MOS is where it can all begin.

BANNED

I thought this was going be somthing else

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I thought this was going be somthing else
    I see they've changed the title of this thread to clear up your confusion.

Unless you're being charged per a character, using full words instead of cryptic abbreviations does make it a bit easier to understand sometimes.

Yes, I changed it because I didn't have a clue what it was about until I opened it. Ambiguous thread titles are a pet peeve of mine.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mankalo View Post
    also whats the appeal with Anne Hatway?
    Uhhh...have you seen her? Seen her in that skintight outfight? Did you like ScarJo in Avengers? Then you got an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    People who aren't idiots will recognize that there is room for both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, and that despite their comic book origins they are incredibly different and equally valid movies that represent two very effective ways of adapting superheroes to the big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by clownprince01 View Post
    I just want a quality movie. If people don't see it, it's their loss. Having said that, the chances of The Dark Knight Rises making well over $500,000,000 and probably closer to $800,000,000 if not over are very good. It's going to do amazing business.
    Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    You can love both, only morons think this is a competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest Hero View Post
    Avengers might make more money, but TDKR will probably have the better story.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    As a comic book fan, I'm happy that both were done well and have proven successful.
    All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I don't see why anyone would actually care. As a comic book fan, I'm happy that both were done well and have proven successful.
    Sums up my feelings as well. Why anyone would feel insecure enough to be threatened by the success of a movie based off a comic that just happens to be published by a rival company is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhoy View Post
    i don't really want too much gratuitous t & a in the movie unless it definitely serves the plot.
    this

If your a fan of superhero movies in general, you should welcome as many high quality and successful movies as possible. It keeps the genre going. The Avengers turned out to be both successful and high quality and The Dark Knight Rises will be the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by grizla View Post
    this
    By the way, my comment was more a poke at the original title of the thread, which called "The Avengers" just "TA".

(Just so you know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    I loved The Avengers and I can't wait to see Dark Knight rises.
    Same. Crazy.

BANNED

Yeah if anything Avengers has now made a Justice League movie possible, so it's kind of silly to take sides with DC and Marvel in the cinema, especially when DC doesn't really have a competing studio.

Why do fanboys have to be divisive like this? I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC. I was EXTREMELY pleased with the way The Avengers turned out, and I'm happy for its success. It success only drums up more mainstream interest in the comic book movie genre, so DC fans should be happy about it as well. I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises when it comes out later this summer, and I'm sure that it'll be awesome as well.

It's a good time to be a superhero movie fan.

I'm looking forward to TDKR and have been a long time. I actually didn't pay much attention to this rumor about an Avengers movie until it was almost upon us. But one thing the Avengers has going for it is the same reason I used to pick up Justice League of America. More heroes for your buck. And turns out it was a really good movie. But I do agree with the thought of the trailer being a problem though the Avenger trailer didn't exactly do a lot for me either. I ended up seeing the film because of the kids and was very pleased. But also seeing TDKR trailer before I experience a big action and fun movie did make TDKR seem a bit on the small side. Didn't look like any fun would be had and the action just didn't seem as explosive. Then I also saw the trailer for the Amazing Spider-Man which resembled the Avengers itself just made it worse. Doesn't mean I want see TDKR when it releases but my expectations have been dampened.

Forgot to add, I do like Anne Hathaway. I think she's a much better comedic actress but she can be quite good. I think she's an assest to the film but I'm not sure if there's going to be the chemistry there between her Catwoman and Batman. That's an unknown to me because there wasn't much between his two previous costars.
    Last edited by Fate's Faith; 05-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.

You can like and be excited for both film franchises.

See I wouldn't compare TDKR with Avengers. Comparing them is like comparing Sugar and Salt. Both are delicious but are two different things.
    Reading: A Comics, Superman, Superboy, Batman, B&R, Nightwing, G Lantern, GL:NG, The Flash, J League, T Titans, Earth 2, World's Finest and Smallville S.11!

Watching: Young Justice.