Default In what order should I read these? what'd you think of them?

Just won an eBay auction for the following Avengers tpbs:

Civil War
    Kree-Skrull War
    Avengers: Disassembled
    New Avengers: Illuminati

i think i'm pretty sure on the order, but just to clarify. Also, without spoilers, what are some thoughts on these 4 books? Can't wait to read them!

thanks!

Reading order:

Kree-Skrull War
    Avengers Disassembled
    New Avengers: Illuminati
    Civil War

The Kree-Skrull War is fantastic if you don't mind the campiness. It's a cosmic epic with an awesome plot, lots of characters and some interesting allegories.

Avengers: Disassembled was really poorly written, and the art was only okay. Without spoiling anything, many of the characters aren't written the same way they normally are, and act strangely. The dialogue is off, there are bits of the plot that don't make sense, and several important characters have boring, lackluster deaths during the story. Having said that, the finale issue is rather poignant and saddening.

I haven't read Illuminati, but it was the same writer as Disassembled so I wouldn't expect much.

Civil War had great art, but a very flawed story. A lot of the time, character personalities were changed to fit the role they needed to play in the plot, rather than the other way around.
    Last edited by Telos; 05-07-2012 at 10:03 PM.

from the trades it would be Civil War and then New Avengers:Illuminati. New avengers has a couple of stories set in the past and it all leads to secret invasion.

New Avengers: Illuminati is without a doubt the best of those four.

and I liked Avengers Disassembled, don't listen to that other guy. Although I will say that the New Avengers ongoing series and House of M is MUCH better.

I tried reading the Kree-Skrull War but I didn't finish it. It's incredibly outdated and has not aged well...

Civil War is worth a read. It had huge long term effects on the Marvel Universe

Kree-Skrull war and leave the rest alone.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I read Avengers: Nights of Wundagore and absolutely loved it. if I loved that, do you think I'll enjoy Kree-Skrull War? I was able to look past how dated the book was (though it was fairly easy to in that story)

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    I read Avengers: Nights of Wundagore and absolutely loved it. if I loved that, do you think I'll enjoy Kree-Skrull War? I was able to look past how dated the book was (though it was fairly easy to in that story)
    Yes. It may be Roy Thomas crown jewel of his run, and he had quite a few jewels, imo.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Kree-Skrull war is a classic.
    Dissasembled is the worst of them, however it leads to everything else, but it's not great (and I am not talking so much for the story, as much as for the writing)
    Illuminaty is I think the best of them, has great art, and the story is great.
    Civil War is also very good, sure with some flaws but very good. If you like aspacts of them and hunt the tie ins you will see that some time ins were maybe better than the main series (some others were not though, like frontline)
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

decided to read them out of order lol. I went with Civil War first just because I was interested in that most. It was alright I suppose. I grew tired of the glum/dark tone of it all kind of quick. I know it was a serious matter but still. I had 3 major issues:
    1. and my least-major gripe, Spider-man's unmasking. Peter unmasking only to realize it was a stupid move after the first fight made him look like an idiot, somewhat. I just didn't but it.
    2. Does anyone else feel like Captain America and Iron Man should have been in the opposite roles? I mean, Captain America was pretty much created BY the government to strictly follow orders, which he does most of the time. Why would he suddenly rebel, especially since he doesn't hide his true identity? It just would have made much more sense for him to be on SHIELDs side. Tony Stark, on the other hand, has always done things HIS own way. He's a character that isn't down for taking orders from somebody. It was just weird and seemed really out of place.
    3. Android-Clone Thor. I hate when main characters are cloned - and this is Thor. How cheap does it make Thor's lightning powers look when a clone/fake version can do it too? Dumb.

I've only also read Avengers: Disassembled. I actually liked this one, except that the dialogue was pretty stupid in a few - okay many - places. That's the only real problem I had with it. I thought the whole thing with Wanda was kinda cool - as was seeing Magneto for a bit.