Default amazing spider-man variant cover 685

I know I'm a little late on this one, but I just noticed that on my variant cover of amazing spider-man 685, it's written part five instead of part fou, but it'S still marked as being 685. It's the one with chameleon. Is this just a typo error by the production? I'm worried it's going to be the same variant cover for 686 and I just happened to be unlucky enough to get the only 685 with an error.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by qcbob View Post
    I know I'm a little late on this one, but I just noticed that on my variant cover of amazing spider-man 685, it's written part five instead of part fou, but it'S still marked as being 685. It's the one with chameleon. Is this just a typo error by the production? I'm worried it's going to be the same variant cover for 686 and I just happened to be unlucky enough to get the only 685 with an error.
    It's a typo that completely got by me. I noticed it the second we got the proofs.

686 cover will still be as scheduled....and it will also say PART FIVE

Man, Nothing worse as an editor than getting copies of the printed books.
    SW

Veteran Member

Double post.

IRONY!!!

ok lol. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Got my own own copy signed/corrected by Slott on FCBD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    It's a typo that completely got by me. I noticed it the second we got the proofs.

SW
    What ? dont you proof before sending the rest to print ? isnt the point of printing a proof to see if everything is printing as desired and then give it the go ? couldnt you just send the printer the fixed version in time ? or it would be too time consuming to call involved parties and delay the comics ?

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    What ? dont you proof before sending the rest to print ? isnt the point of printing a proof to see if everything is printing as desired and then give it the go ? couldnt you just send the printer the fixed version in time ? or it would be too time consuming to call involved parties and delay the comics ?
    On planet Earth, sometimes Humans make mistakes.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Do YOU have all the variants thus far

SW
    We all make mistakes.

Double post.

IRONY!!!
    lol

Very true.

BANNED

i'm not sayinh proof reading, he meant proof as in the print sheet the print houses do, so you can check colours,bleeding etc.before giving the ok to continue printing wacker mentioned he noticed the mistake when he got the proofs,so why not send a fixed version ? too much time consuming to call the department and that would delay the comics ? that is what i asked. So keep you snide remark for someone who fall for those baits.

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/basic/g/proofs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by spideybr View Post
    i'm not sayinh proof reading, he meant proof as in the print sheet the print houses do, so you can check colours,bleeding etc.before giving the ok to continue printing wacker mentioned he noticed the mistake when he got the proofs,so why not send a fixed version ? too much time consuming to call the department and that would delay the comics ? that is what i asked. So keep you snide remark for someone who fall for those baits.

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/basic/g/proofs.htm

Hey dick cheese, the wink lets you know I got what you were getting at and was kidding around, but now you're just a total wad. Thanks for further proof that humans make mistakes though!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Do YOU have all the variants thus far
    Yup! I get all variants unless it's one of those 1 in 100 or more, I even get a few of those too but my LCS isn't ordering 100 of any single title so I have to go to ebay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Got my own own copy signed/corrected by Slott on FCBD

That's very cool! Love it.

BANNED

Your fired SW!!!!!!!!! :p