Default Pichelli Webs Universes Together

Pichelli Webs Universes Together

I've chosen to underline the difference between the two Spider-Men. Miles is a young, newborn superhero, insecure and clumsy sometimes during the action. On the other hand, Peter is older and wiser. He has much more experience. He knows what to do and how to do it -- but this time his self-confidence as Spider-Man is not the same because in "Spider-Men" he has to face a reality where all his reference points have been shattered. So I had to work on a big range of mixed emotions.

Does that mean in "Spider-Men" Peter is transported from the Marvel Universe to the Ultimate Universe? Can we expect a wide range of expressions and body language as Peter deals with the changes of this reality?

Absolutely! Peter will find himself dealing with a different dimension that seems so familiar and at the same time so confusing the more he gets to knows it. That's why I really wanted his body language to reflect all his insecurities and fears. What makes Spider-Man special is the humanity of the hero behind the mask, and in the story I wanted to stress that strength.

The architect of this reality switch has been revealed to be the Marvel Universe version of Mysterio. What's your sense of this character? What do you find most interesting about him? How does he differ from Ultimate Mysterio (who you've drawn before)? And is it tough to convey this Mysterio's emotions given that he doesn't really have a head?

Mysterio (from the Marvel U) still remains an old fashion flavor villain to me, and sometimes this characteristic clashes with the modern way the Marvel Universe is depicted. You will be surprised, though, by how Bendis made him cruelly cool in this story!

I feel closer to Ultimate Mysterio, especially in terms of costume design. The fact that he doesn't have a head but only a hint of his evil facial features makes him really scary and disturbing to me. He reminds me a bit to the face in the mirror of Grimhilde, the Snow White villain, but burning in creepy flames.This strange head of the Marvel U Mysterio makes it hard to tell his emotions, in fact you don't know if you are in front of a human being, an alien or a demon, and that makes him even creepier.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I'm constantly worried that Pichelli is going to draw Tony with an Arc Reactor sticking out of his chest again.

this should be amusing, I know most everybody thinks it's a horrible idea but it should be interesting
    Thing of the naow: Please let Scott Summer die in AVX

Man, her art is just streets ahead. I can't wait for this book, solely to see the art.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Man, her art is just streets ahead. I can't wait for this book, solely to see the art.
    Still trying to push that phrase, huh?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Still trying to push that phrase, huh?
    If you have to ask, you're obviously streets behind.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Which reminds me, how is Spider-Man going to react if and when he sees the Ultimate version of Spider-Woman? "Oh, that's just all I needed. So not only does this world have clones, too, they're even better looking than I am!"
    I would love to see this happen, but I don't think Spider-Woman is going to make an appearance. Readers who jumped on Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man still don't know she's a clone of Peter. This needs to be explained first before she can probably be used in Spider-Men. The second reason why I don't think she's going to make an appearance is because she would take some of the spotlight away from Miles and Peter because she is more or less also Peter. The last reason why I don't think she's going to make an appearance is because there's already enough going on in the the mini.

I think Bendis has missed a golden opportunity for both characters. He could have made Jessica Miles mentor. This would have been a good way to train him and still have some connection to Peter in the book. It would also have let to some great character development for both of therm and some fun awkward scenes, especially if Miles developed a crush on her.

*dead*

On topic: i'm still not phased by this at all, just going to ignore it and then after IF it has any real value to the ultimate universe I'll buy the trade.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

...I'm more giddy than a Japanese School Girl.

I can NOT wait for when Pete meet Ultimate Nick Fury. Epic lawls will be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.wonderful View Post
    ...I'm more giddy than a Japanese School Girl.

I can NOT wait for when Pete meet Ultimate Nick Fury. Epic lawls will be had.
    I just realized something. If Spider-Men will be the first time Peter is meeting a Samuel L. Jackson version of Fury. How will his first encounter with Marcus Johnson AKA Fury jr. go in the 616 universe 0_0. That's going to be weird.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 05-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    I just realized something. If Spider-Men will be the first time Peter is meeting a Samuel L. Jackson version of Fury. How will his first encounter with Marcus Johnson AKA Fury jr. go in the 616 universe 0_0. That's going to be weird.
    It's really weird when you think about it. Ultimate Fury is classic Fury's counterpart, seeing as he initially looked just like a black version of him and has almost the exact same backstory. But now Nick Fury, Jr. shows up looking and presumably acting like Ultimate Fury....who's a counterpart of who? Does Ultimate Fury have two counterparts? I've gone crosseyed.