Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I hope Bendis delivers the greatest writing of his career on this. Just imagining moments like the grown 616 Peter meeting the Ultimate U's Aunt May and MJ is enough to get me choked up.

Does anyone else think that May/MJ/Gwen might be super angry at seeing an older Peter? I mean, they're probably still getting over Peter's death and here comes an alternate Peter. To me, that seems like it would open up old wounds and would show the potential that their Peter could have been but couldn't because he died.

I'm imagining something like "Why did you come here?! Peter died! Now you show up and show us what we lost! And in the end, you're just going to leave us"

Although I don't know the personalities of Ultimate May/MJ/Gwen so this is all pure conjecture. I'm just thinking it won't be all sunshine and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman 1 View Post
    This should belong to Bagley too. He's been one of the most prolific artist in both books. THE most prolific on ultimate.
    Except that Bagley's boring art style hurts your eyes because of the generic quality, while Pichelli is becoming one of the best Marvel artists ever.

So yeah, let's put the boring Bagley art back on Ultimate Spider-Man, makes sense to me?

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selphy View Post
    Does anyone else think that May/MJ/Gwen might be super angry at seeing an older Peter? I mean, they're probably still getting over Peter's death and here comes an alternate Peter. To me, that seems like it would open up old wounds and would show the potential that their Peter could have been but couldn't because he died.

I'm imagining something like "Why did you come here?! Peter died! Now you show up and show us what we lost! And in the end, you're just going to leave us"

Although I don't know the personalities of Ultimate May/MJ/Gwen so this is all pure conjecture. I'm just thinking it won't be all sunshine and rainbows.
    Of the three women you mentioned, Ultimate MJ is the one most capable of reacting with rage and confusion. She just lost the boy she loved and now along comes an older version of him from an alternate universe. To a teenage girl like Ultimate MJ, it would seem like such an unfair and horrendous joke played by fate. I think Ultimate May, even though shocked and saddened beyond her wits, would be subdued and more understanding of 616 Peter's plight. Whereas Ultimate Gwen would be shocked, but I think 616 Peter will be more affected when meeting an alternate, living version of Gwen (REAL Gwen, no clone) than Ultimate Gwen would be meeting 616 Peter as even though she was close friends with Peter and even dated him once, she wouldn't react as strongly as Peter's girlfriend MJ. (Though it would be interesting if she comes to know that the Gwen in 616 Peter's universe passed away.. for good, especially considering Ultimate Gwen received a "second chance" at life unlike 616 Gwen).

So many interesting opportunities for untapped drama. I wonder if Bendis would be able to satisfactorily take advantage of all of them.

Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Franklin View Post
    Except that Bagley's boring art style hurts your eyes because of the generic quality, while Pichelli is becoming one of the best Marvel artists ever.

So yeah, let's put boring the Bagley art back on Ultimate Spider-Man, makes sense to me?
    Huh? Yeah, I guess that's why he went on to produce all 9 issues of ultimate spider-man. And then the title got canceled, because it hurted so many people's eyes Marvel feared a law suit. Mark Bagely is a GREAT artist, get over it.

SP draws really nice backgrounds, and has great composition and story telling abilities, but Spidey sucks there, the faces on the regular peoples really suck when compared to Bagles.

Great art? I was just reading Annihilation, that's great art. Oh and Bagley rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Of the three women you mentioned, Ultimate MJ is the one most capable of reacting with rage and confusion. She just lost the boy she loved and now along comes an older version of him from an alternate universe. To a teenage girl like Ultimate MJ, it would seem like such an unfair and horrendous joke played by fate. I think Ultimate May, even though shocked and saddened beyond her wits, would be subdued and more understanding of 616 Peter's plight. Whereas Ultimate Gwen would be shocked, but I think 616 Peter will be more affected when meeting an alternate, living version of Gwen (REAL Gwen, no clone) than Ultimate Gwen would be meeting 616 Peter as even though she was close friends with Peter and even dated him once, she wouldn't react as strongly as Peter's girlfriend MJ. (Though it would be interesting if she comes to know that the Gwen in 616 Peter's universe passed away.. for good, especially considering Ultimate Gwen received a "second chance" at life unlike 616 Gwen).

So many interesting opportunities for untapped drama. I wonder if Bendis would be able to satisfactorily take advantage of all of them.
    He's actually still meeting a clone of Gwen

The original Ultimate Gwen was killed by Carnage.
    The current one was cloned from traces of Carnage which still had some of Gwen's DNA or something.

But it seems you already know this so you can ignore this if you want.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 05-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    He's actually still meeting a clone of Gwen

The original Ultimate Gwen was killed by Carnage.
    The current one was cloned from traces of Carnage which still had some of Gwen's DNA or something.

But it seems you already know this so you can ignore this if you want.
    Which reminds me, how is Spider-Man going to react if and when he sees the Ultimate version of Spider-Woman? "Oh, that's just all I needed. So not only does this world have clones, too, they're even better looking than I am!"
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

I see your points and they're all fair, but I guess we should add pete's reaction to a world where Norman Osborn actually managed to kill Peter Parker. If this crossover is meant to be serious it should affect, in my opinion, the following things:

616:
    Pete's decision to sharing his secret with Aunt May.
    Pete's decision to keep risking his life seeing how his dead, well violent dead, would affect the lives of his loved ones (MJ, May)
    The way Peter views his being Spider-Man... let me elaborate, maybe Uncle Ben's isn't supposed to be an accident, it will happen in 616 and in a lot of worlds, and that makes Peter Parker's fate to be Spider-Man. So instead of being Spidey out of guilt he keeps on being Spider-Man out of a more positive sense of responsibility. (Just an idea)
    A world where Spider-Man is loved by everyone, and Peter Parker is seen as a hero, even by Jonah Jameson. But who still had to die to be truly appreciated. (Second time since M-World)

Miles:
    If they have a serious, really serious talk, he'll get a class on SPidey do's and dont's up to where pete is.

Great interview with Sara. Her excitement parallels her awesome art. I am really looking forward to this. Bendis and Pichelli delivered big time on the all-new Ultimate Spidey so I expect this to be equally successful and FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Which reminds me, how is Spider-Man going to react if and when he sees the Ultimate version of Spider-Woman? "Oh, that's just all I needed. So not only does this world have clones, too, they're even better looking than I am!"
    I would love to see this happen, but I don't think Spider-Woman is going to make an appearance. Readers who jumped on Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man still don't know she's a clone of Peter. This needs to be explained first before she can probably be used in Spider-Men. The second reason why I don't think she's going to make an appearance is because she would take some of the spotlight away from Miles and Peter because she is more or less also Peter. The last reason why I don't think she's going to make an appearance is because there's already enough going on in the the mini.

I think Bendis has missed a golden opportunity for both characters. He could have made Jessica Miles mentor. This would have been a good way to train him and still have some connection to Peter in the book. It would also have let to some great character development for both of therm and some fun awkward scenes, especially if Miles developed a crush on her.

BANNED

Pass......

I haven't bought floppys in years but I might have to for this because I don't think I can trade wait it

that art is AMAZING
    Lost In Limbo

I'm more interested in Aunt May's reaction.

To anyone who has ever lost a child, can you realize getting the chance to see how they would look all grownup? All of the what ifs you have in your mind - all of those would be answered. There would be a sort of closure. Yes there would be great sadness, I'll admit that and a bit of pain. But just getting the chance to see your child as an adult - and a decent one at that.

Bendis - do not screw this up. This is one of the most emotional scenes in a decade of comics. Please deliver. Just please.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

I want to see the reaction of Peter, upon discovering that Miles has Spider-Camouflage and Venom Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.wonderful View Post
    ...I'm more giddy than a Japanese School Girl.

I can NOT wait for when Pete meet Ultimate Nick Fury. Epic lawls will be had.
    I just realized something. If Spider-Men will be the first time Peter is meeting a Samuel L. Jackson version of Fury. How will his first encounter with Marcus Johnson AKA Fury jr. go in the 616 universe 0_0. That's going to be weird.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 05-09-2012 at 10:34 AM.