Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    He's actually still meeting a clone of Gwen

The original Ultimate Gwen was killed by Carnage.
    The current one was cloned from traces of Carnage which still had some of Gwen's DNA or something.

But it seems you already know this so you can ignore this if you want.
    I think it is more a case of regenerated Gwen than clone Gwen. But yeah, I agree, the line is incredibly thin separating the two concepts, technically speaking, though Tony Stark made the point that nobody had the right to question current Gwen's true identity if she herself held the belief that she was in fact, original Gwen. And the dramatic possibilities increase if you consider the reason for the current Ultimate Gwen's existence as a second chance at life for Gwen, something she didn't receive in the 616 universe.

Really hoping Ultimate MJ plays a crucial part in this crossover. Her participation hasn't been officially confirmed as of yet, am I right? Really been aching to see her after that heartbreaking moment with Fury.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    I think it is more a case of regenerated Gwen than clone Gwen. But yeah, I agree, the line is incredibly thin separating the two concepts, technically speaking, though Tony Stark made the point that nobody had the right to question current Gwen's true identity if she herself held the belief that she was in fact, original Gwen. And the dramatic possibilities increase if you consider the reason for the current Ultimate Gwen's existence as a second chance at life for Gwen, something she didn't receive in the 616 universe.

Really hoping Ultimate MJ plays a crucial part in this crossover. Her participation hasn't been officially confirmed as of yet, am I right? Really been aching to see her after that heartbreaking moment with Fury.
    Dan said in an interview that we'll see 616-Peter meeting Ultimate Gwen, Aunt May and MJ. I don't know how "official" that is or if that's just Dan fan-speculating. But it doesn't seem like such a stretch to think that we'll see 616-Peter meeting Ultimate MJ.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Dan said in an interview that we'll see 616-Peter meeting Ultimate Gwen, Aunt May and MJ. I don't know how "official" that is or if that's just Dan fan-speculating. But it doesn't seem like such a stretch to think that we'll see 616-Peter meeting Ultimate MJ.
    Will they hook-up?

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Will they hook-up?

Substitute Spider-Ham in the above scene with 616 Spidey and you get an excellent idea of how that little interaction is gonna go down.

Wow that's an ugly nerdo MJ

I don't like resurrections and that's one reason why I see her as Gwen's clone rather than as the original Gwen. It would have been interesting to see how everyone dealt with the current Gwen being a clone, but it seems Bendis skipped that part

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Wow that's an ugly nerdo MJ
    That was Canaan Grall's (one of the former artists for CSBG's "The Line It is Drawn") interpretation of Ultimate MJ recuperating post Peter's death. The media is hounding her which is why she has to leave her house disguised like that. Which is when she comes across Spider-Ham in the supermarket piggybacking off poor Petey's fame. Typical corporate exploitation!

I don't like resurrections and that's one reason why I see her as Gwen's clone rather than as the original Gwen. It would have been interesting to see how everyone dealt with the current Gwen being a clone, but it seems Bendis skipped that part
    I think they kept it open-ended and insinuated at the regeneration/resurrection theory because the clone dynamics had already been explored in the 616 universe.

That was Canaan Grall's (one of the former artists for CSBG's "The Line It is Drawn") interpretation of Ultimate MJ recuperating post Peter's death. The media is hounding her which is why she has to leave her house disguised like that. Which is when she comes across Spider-Ham in the supermarket piggybacking off poor Petey's fame. Typical corporate exploitation!
    That's not really a disguise. She sometimes looks like that in the Ultimate Universe.

I think they kept it open-ended and insinuated at the regeneration/resurrection theory because the clone dynamics had already been explored in the 616 universe.
    Yeah you're probably right.

That's not really a disguise. She sometimes looks like that in the Ultimate Universe.

Oh oops, for some reason I mentally placed the bespectacled version of MJ in the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane universe instead of the Ultimate U.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcool View Post
    AMAZING
    Lost In Limbo

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Except Asgard is dead as well. Sorry Peter died twice. At least I can take comfort in that.
    That's how Thor imagined it in his mind. Who says it is certain that Peter went to Asgard?
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcool View Post
    Wow, first Cheung drew an emotional Scott Lang cradling a dead Cassie in his arms (and Spidey was there two), and now this.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601