Post Demon Knights Discussion Thread

Surprised that this series hardly gets a discussion topic besides a day or two when the latest issue comes out. Feel free to chime in your two cents.

This series has been a pleasant surprise with the New 52 for me since the book is out of my comfort zone. Paul Cornell has the uncanny writing ability of making the most absurd concepts seem plausible in the books that he writes (Don't believe me? Read his Black Ring Lex Luthor story) and mix him with talented pencillers like Mike Choi & Diogenes Neves and this series is a delight every day. The main characters are all complex & walk in the grey moral paradigm consistently.No character I can't say that there is a character that I can say I like in every aspect (except perhaps for Al Jabr but its too early to tell) Such as shame this book doesn't sell better
    Pull List: Batman, Demon Knights, Smallville Season 11, Wonder Woman.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I'm a big Cornell fan. Definitely one of the better books in the DC canon.

Cornell is pretty damn good, and Black Ring was the series that made me stand up and take notice of him. The very idea of putting Al Jabr in a comic as a super-genius of the ancient world was a stroke of brilliance.

I think the reason this book is so morally grey is because history is so morally grey. Doing the righteous thing is a luxury, and only in the past few centuries has wealth been plentiful enough that large groups of people can afford to even contemplate being fine upstanding citizens. Cornell is trying to transplant the modern idea of super-heroism into a matrix of rigid social structures and brutal conflict resolution, and the results can only be messy. In many ancient cultures, might literally makes right, trial by combat being just as valid as trial by judge or jury.

There's just no way that these heroes can do The Right Thing. They have to pick a side and do what's right for that side. One way or another, somebody has to pay the price.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I've caught up on this book so far (going to read issue 8 today) and I've really dug it, especially vandal savage and exoristos. I hadn't read anything else by Cornell except stormwatch and while this is pretty different, it's in a good way
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I'm a big Cornell fan. Definitely one of the better books in the DC canon.
    Hope you're checking out saucer country then

awesome title love titles that take me by surprise
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Absolutely brilliant everyone should buy several copies of this to ensure its survival
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Falsworth Groundskeeper highwayguy's Avatar

I've definitely enjoyed Demon Knights so far. And being a fan of Cornell's previous work like Wisdom MAX, Captain Britain & MI13 and Knight & Squire, I'm thrilled to see this series survive. I'm waiting for some more Horsewoman action though. Looking forward to seeing her story pan out.
    WE NEED YOU!!
    Join in with Comicbookresources' Age of Marvels for fan-made and fan-approved solicitations!

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    Absolutely brilliant everyone should buy several copies of this to ensure its survival
    If I do that I'll go broke man
    Pull List: Batman, Demon Knights, Smallville Season 11, Wonder Woman.

I love it. It's the perfect blend of fun and character, really. It surprises you by switching tones on a dime, all fun fun fun and then suddenly bloody betrayal, child murdering, and even the victory is bittersweet.

Just a really fun, action packed book. Very reminiscent of Captain Britain and the MI13, which is still the best thing Cornell has ever done.

I'm really hoping we get more mainstream work out of Cornell. I'd love to see him get a shot on something Green Lantern related.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

I bought all 9 issues tonight and I will post my impressions of the series in the coming days