Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I would love to see Marvel Studios put a huge focus on the Inhumans. With the movie rights to the X-Men belonging to Fox, I think Marvel could really evolve the Inhumans to what made the X-Men so appealing. Outcasts and weirdos with great power...with an added twist of genetically superior and pretty much the inheritors of Earth.

I think with the Inhumans, they actually have access to a type of storytelling that has not been done with any of the Marvel characters. That of operatic storytelling.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    Why would they? They just made 600 million dollars in 12 days. Marvel has been movie studio first, comic book company second for 4 years now. They could stop publishing comic books tomorrow and be just fine.
    MArk my words. The day it becomes about profit margin first creativity second..watch the whole house of cards..er Ideas come crumbling down.

Disney owns Marvel Not the other way around. We will see how the Mouse reacts when the inevitable flop happens..and history has shown us..there will be a few misses.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 05-08-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    I would love to see Marvel Studios put a huge focus on the Inhumans. With the movie rights to the X-Men belonging to Fox, I think Marvel could really evolve the Inhumans to what made the X-Men so appealing. Outcasts and weirdos with great power...with an added twist of genetically superior and pretty much the inheritors of Earth.

I think with the Inhumans, they actually have access to a type of storytelling that has not been done with any of the Marvel characters. That of operatic storytelling.
    I'm really curious about the Inhumans.

Most likely Crystal will be the main character, or the "Eyes of the audience".

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post

I do wonder exactly which characters Fox has the rights to, because the Inhumans arguably fall under that Fantastic Four sub-heading that Fox might have exclusive rights to. But really who knows.

Either way I do hope someone does more with the Inhumans. They're a fun concept, and a lot of their mini's over the years have been surprisingly high in quality (even if the sales didn't quite match up).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do wonder exactly which characters Fox has the rights to, because the Inhumans arguably fall under that Fantastic Four sub-heading that Fox might have exclusive rights to. But really who knows.

Either way I do hope someone does more with the Inhumans. They're a fun concept, and a lot of their mini's over the years have been surprisingly high in quality (even if the sales didn't quite match up).
    The Inhumans are proposed as a property.
    Thing is, there's a rumor it'll basically be a reverse Avatar. BLECH!

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    im gonna have to go ahead and agree 100 percent on this one.we would probably not have gotten iron man, cap and thor if marvel had spiderman and xmen.
    You think so? Really, Spider-Man and X-Men are just two series. Marvel would still want to launch their lower grade stuff like Iron Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    You think so? Really, Spider-Man and X-Men are just two series. Marvel would still want to launch their lower grade stuff like Iron Man.
    They probably would have done them anyways, but there's still FF, Daredevil, etc, a lot of stuff that would have come first.
    I mean, we're about to get all these new obscurer stuff.

Honestly I'd rather have a good DD movie and a good FF movie before having any obscure stuff and it really seems like we can't have those without Marvel.

BANNED

Honestly I'd rather have a good DD movie and a good FF movie before having any obscure stuff and it really seems like we can't have those without Marvel.
    Which is fine, but personally, I like moving on and seeing what's next.

For what it's worth, I didn't think the director's cut of Daredevil was half bad.

I do think we've had some good non-marvel movies made... Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2 were both pretty good. But the 3's left such a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths that people have sort of lost faith. Stuff like Ghost Rider frankly isn't helping.

I think First Class holds it's own against the stuff directly made from marvel, so hope is not lost. Hopefully the next Spider-Man will be able to at least not suck.

BANNED

I think First Class holds it's own against the stuff directly made from marvel, so hope is not lost. Hopefully the next Spider-Man will be able to at least not suck.
    First Class had horrible pacing. If you went in not knowing any characters, you were SCREWED!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    MArk my words. The day it becomes about profit margin first creativity second..watch the whole house of cards..er Ideas come crumbling down.
    When has that not been the case for Marvel or DC? They are business that create comic books, if there is not profit there soon will be no books
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Disney owns Marvel Not the other way around. We will see how the Mouse reacts when the inevitable flop happens..and history has shown us..there will be a few misses.
    Disney knows about flops, the have made some of their own they are not going to panic about one of two
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    First Class had horrible pacing. If you went in not knowing any characters, you were SCREWED!
    I actually liked that the movie moved along fairly quickly.

BANNED

I actually liked that the movie moved along fairly quickly.
    It really bugged me. Especially the whole sequence where Magento was trying to get on board the boat.

I'm really curious about the Inhumans.

Most likely Crystal will be the main character, or the "Eyes of the audience".
    I hope when they make the movie, they are in a place (financially) to explore the majestic nature of the Inhuman habitat, or they go for a modest budget movie with a lot of great themes. I really do think they have the makings to be Marvel Studio's X-Men.

I still hold the Jenkins and Lee limited as a high water mark for Marvel comics and I keep holding out hope that they will do a giant hardcover omnibus of the limited series.

The Inhumans are proposed as a property.
    Thing is, there's a rumor it'll basically be a reverse Avatar. BLECH!
    Please explain "reverse Avatar"

I'm not so sure. With the loss of the two major properties, I think Marvel Studios had to become extremely creative. I think a lot of that was started (maybe I'm wrong) with the publishing side of Marvel. In all fairness, with Joe Q coming along and really playing favourites with the Avengers, they got a lot of push. The Iron Man movie borrowed a lot of elements from the comics. If Marvel had retained the rights to the Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four movies...I'm almost certain that Iron Man would have come a lot, lot later.

I didn't think X:FC was as amazing as the rest of my friends when I first saw it. I thought it was good, but not great. As a X-Men fan, I guess I'll always nitpick the movies. It's just in my nature. They have to have ALL the elements perfect. Otherwise I'll never be happy.

I'm not saying you're a X-Fan and are being nit-picky. I think you might want to watch it a couple more times to see how it works out. The only problem I now have with that movie was the character of White Queen and who they cast. UGH!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy