Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Personally, I'm glad Marvel Studios doesn't have Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil or Fantastic Four back. It allows the studio to explore titles like Guardians of the Galaxy, Runaways, hell, even Inhumans!

You know what will happen if they got those movies back? "Spider-Man Trilogy" "X-Men Trilogy" "Wolverine Trilogy" blah blah blah! Go for the new! Not what we've already seen!
    Agreed. Not having their biggest properties (aside from Avengers) forces them to explore other characters, and other parts of the Marvel Universe.

In a few years though, I would not be opposed to them regaining the rights, but only after they've tested/proven the viability of other properties.

I will say this. I think Fox is definitely making a stronger effort with the film properties they've licensed. First Class easily the best of the X-films, though the longer it went on the worse it got (imo). Had it just been Magneto Origins it would have been a stronger film. For all intents and purposes they have a good team working on the new Wolverine film. They're trying to get Josh Trank for Fantastic Four, which could be very interesting.

Sony is another matter though. They stupidly rushed out a (from what I heard) crappy Ghost Rider sequel just to retain the rights, when really the only thing that does is sour people on the property. Meanwhile, the Spider-man sequel has a strong team behind it and actually looks interesting, although I'm still wondering about the first-person webslinging. I think that's going to pull people out of the film. I don't watch Spider-man to be Spider-man. I watch Spider-man to watch Spider-man.

All-in-all, I think the superhero movie subgenre is going to be seeing a boost.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 05-08-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

NOOOOOO! The last thing we need is Marvel Movies broken up into PARTS!
    Except movies like Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand show what can show what happens when you try to cram too much story into one movie.

Venom or the Dark Phoenix could have been movies on their own.

How could anyone NOT want the F4 home to Marvel? Even if they are not your favorite team, we get Dr. Doom at last....the REAL Doom...not imposter Doom....having Doom with Latveria at his command challenging the F4 and the Avengers would just be awe-inspiring....1000s of Doombots marching with Doom standing atop the castle turrets....I would probably cry tears of joy to see Doom (my all time favorite character) done justice and Marvel can do it...and of course screaming RICHARDS!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Except movies like Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand show what can show what happens when you try to cram too much story into one movie.

Well, yeah. Problem is that both those franchises started to rely on how many characters they can get.

Still, just have a solid story and build everything around that. I just don't think Part 1s and Part 2s are needed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    How could anyone NOT want the F4 home to Marvel? Even if they are not your favorite team, we get Dr. Doom at last....the REAL Doom...not imposter Doom....having Doom with Latveria at his command challenging the F4 and the Avengers would just be awe-inspiring....1000s of Doombots marching with Doom standing atop the castle turrets....I would probably cry tears of joy to see Doom (my all time favorite character) done justice and Marvel can do it...and of course screaming RICHARDS!!!!!
    Tough luck! That's what he gets for killing Cassie!

Given how bad the x-books were in the last years, I'm glad Marvel doesn't have the rights for their movies.

Well, yeah. Problem is that both those franchises started to rely on how many characters they can get.

Still, just have a solid story and build everything around that. I just don't think Part 1s and Part 2s are needed.
    Worked for Harry Potter. ;)

And that was definitely the problem. X3 tried to cram too much into the story. Spider-man 3 tried to cram too much into the story. The mutant cure and the DPS, should not have been one film. Venom deserved an entire film to himself instead of showing up at the last moment to beaten by the good guys.

Of course I'm willing to blame the interference of producers in both cases, especially Spider-man 3. The symbiote story is a good way to talk about what happens when Peter forgets about the responsibility and the burden he carries on his shoulders. Meanwhile the Sandman story wasn't a particularly compelling on in the first place. His end goal was to get more money. That's it. I'd say Spider-man 3 should've been the Lizard.

As for the DPS, just the discussion of what to do with an uber-powerful and slightly mad Jean Grey would have been enough to split the mutants without the addition of a mutant cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Given how bad the x-books were in the last years, I'm glad Marvel doesn't have the rights for their movies.
    They've actually improved quite a bit since the relaunch.

BANNED

Yeah, for the last film of the series.

TBH Marvel will probably get the FF rights back sooner rather than later. The first two were critical and commercial disappointments. One more similar result and FOX may be willing to part with it if Disney wants to open its purse strings.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

the protagonist of Troll? ???
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

This is exactly why I was thinking of The Infinity Gauntlet being two movies. That way, there's room for a LOT to happen, for each hero gets at least one good scene, and it harkens back to the days when multipart crossovers were self-contained mini-series, not line-wide story derailment for money.
    Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.

A Marvel Epic w/ the Avengers or Cosmic heroes for Annihilation would work if done right like the Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter trilogies.

Personally, I'm glad Marvel Studios doesn't have Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil or Fantastic Four back. It allows the studio to explore titles like Guardians of the Galaxy, Runaways, hell, even Inhumans!

You know what will happen if they got those movies back? "Spider-Man Trilogy" "X-Men Trilogy" "Wolverine Trilogy" blah blah blah! Go for the new! Not what we've already seen!
    im gonna have to go ahead and agree 100 percent on this one.we would probably not have gotten iron man, cap and thor if marvel had spiderman and xmen.
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia