Thread: Secret Warriors

Default Secret Warriors

The series is by Hickman and what I've heard about it is that it's a great series and it stars the true Nick Fury, thoughts? And should I read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    The series is by Hickman and what I've heard about it is that it's a great series and it stars the true Nick Fury, thoughts? And should I read it?
    Personally I loved it. Hickman is my favorite writer, though, and Fury's one of my favorite characters, so I'm a little biased...
    The story's great, though. it's out in TPB and HC, and a new omnibus collecting the entire series/run is coming out in June. So if you haven't gotten anything, and want to get it all, I would recommend waiting until the omnibus is released.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Personally I loved it. Hickman is my favorite writer, though, and Fury's one of my favorite characters, so I'm a little biased...
    The story's great, though. it's out in TPB and HC, and a new omnibus collecting the entire series/run is coming out in June. So if you haven't gotten anything, and want to get it all, I would recommend waiting until the omnibus is released.
    Thanks, I usually buy digitally now but with a omnibus option I might have to bend my rule, usually only get one book actual print cause no digital copy, is there a price on the omnibus yet, or is it listed on amazon?

Thanks, I usually buy digitally now but with a omnibus option I might have to bend my rule, usually only get one book actual print cause no digital copy, is there a price on the omnibus yet, or is it listed on amazon?
    it's on Amazon. $62.99
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

How many issues was the series? I usually buy off comixology NAND they have 1-19 on the app for 1.99 each
    Last edited by Phelpzy; 05-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.

How many issues was the series? I usually buy off comixology NAND they have 1-19 on the app for 1.99 each
    28 I believe.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    28 I believe.
    Yep. I think it was supposed to be 25 or something. But at the beginning of each of the last issues it said something like "Hickman has lost his mind" and stated that he wrote too much material to be contained.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

The Omnibus contains all their appearances:
    Secret Warriors #1-28; Mighty Avengers #13, #18; Dark Reign - The List: Secret Warriors; Siege: Secret Warriors and material from Dark Reign: New Nation

33 issues

The only thing I didn't like in Secret Warriors were spoilers:
    Mikel and Phobos' deaths.
    end of spoilers
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I thought it was good for the most part, but occasionally went a bit off-track. Some of the revelations near the end of the series disappointed me.