Hybrid View

Default New Ultimate X-Men Costumes + Small Interview

The Ultimate Universe isn't quite what it was a couple years ago. Besides all the talk about the new Spider-Man, Miles Morales, there's been other drastic changes. After the events of Ultimatum, the attitude towards mutants has gone to an all time low. Mutants are now locked up and forced to live in camps. Chances are, this isn't going to last long, especially if you've been reading ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN.

The rest in the link.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/exclus...-x-men/144668/

Rogue's is a little similar but I am freaking out SO hard to Jimmy and Bobby's costume!
    Comics are more better.

Bobby's Bandana is cool, but he doesn't really need pants and especially not shoes when solid ice blocks can kick much harder, sigh it seems Jimmy can't escape his father's shadow, i liked the possible superhero costume he would have had under Spencer, oh well.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Seems Rogue fell in love with her 616 costume. Bobby's isn't bad, though I wish he'd lose the shoes since they kinda look silly in his ice form and for Jimmy, the further we get away from that costume from the cover of issue 1, the better. Wonder why Johnny isn't shown though.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Seems Rogue fell in love with her 616 costume. Bobby's isn't bad, though I wish he'd lose the shoes since they kinda look silly in his ice form and for Jimmy, the further we get away from that costume from the cover of issue 1, the better. Wonder why Johnny isn't shown though.
    His absence doesn't help to quell the rumors of the FF4's return. With either Sue or Ben coming back for Ultimates soon and Johnny not being shown here, I'd say there's a reunion of some sort brewing. Or death.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    His absence doesn't help to quell the rumors of the FF4's return. With either Sue or Ben coming back for Ultimates soon and Johnny not being shown here, I'd say there's a reunion of some sort brewing. Or death.
    If that's the case than I really find it a shame to break up that status quo which is truly different than 616 and something I enjoyed. Seems especially odd since Johnny seemed to be able to relate more to mutants after the revelation that mutants are a product of science as well. It was honestly something that could only be done in the UU. Besides, a reformed F4 isn't anything new since it just happened over in 616 when Johnny returned.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If that's the case than I really find it a shame to break up that status quo which is truly different than 616 and something I enjoyed. Seems especially odd since Johnny seemed to be able to relate more to mutants after the revelation that mutants are a product of science as well. It was honestly something that could only be done in the UU. Besides, a reformed F4 isn't anything new since it just happened over in 616 when Johnny returned.
    Maybe he goes to Tian.

On Vacation

The costume designs look like it would make a great cartoon. Overall I am not too impressed.

Ultimate fan for life TheUltimates09's Avatar

Well there not bad looking designs, but I'm going to wait until a different artist draws these before i say anything else and also i don't like that rouges design is waaaaay to similar to her 616 counterpart.

What I absolutely LOVE about the direction they are taking these new costumes is the fact that they don't really look like team uniforms at all, unlike their predecessors'. It's a nice middle-ground between team uniform and street clothes. The fact that they simply sport the Xavier Insignia out of respect for his ideals is awesome.

That being said, I do agree that Bobby needs to lose the shoes, but moreover I'd say he needs to keep the shoes but have PANTS. The topless look can work, and actually makes him look more menacing than he did before, but boots with shorts does not work, lol. Jimmy's is ok, and makes him look tough (making up for the fact that he isn't). Kitty's is refreshing, despite having lost the Shroud persona. And Rogue's, while being very 616, is derived from her current costume, which was derived from her original one. So really, all we are seeing is evolution of her costume. But yeah, it is a little too 616 for my tastes.

The absence of Johnny suggests that perhaps the Fantastic Four and re-forming (minus Reed, of course). If Ben and Sue are working with the Ultimates in the near future, there's a chance that the fallout of DWF results in the forming of the all-new Fantastic Four. I'd like this. I think the general consensus is that Mahr-Vehl would make an awesome 4th member. Or we might see a completely ULTIMATE take on the team and have FIVE members and the fifth one could be Nova. ULTIMATE COMICS FANTASTIC FIVE. That wouldn't be too bad.
    Last edited by Balfro; 05-07-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I was kinda hoping that they would all be in the white. It would be a great uniform.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

BANNED

The costumes get a thumbs up from me. I like Jimmy's look and I'm completely over the moon that he won't be wearing that godawful yellow spandex suit. I was dreading the day when I was going to see him wear that. And yet now he's dressing cool and modern, despite being a similar look to Wolverine's DOFP costume.

Kitty's costume is still the best one out of the lot. And I love how Brian Wood came up with the idea for it. The Shroud costume was awesome but her new white one looks even better.

I love the top half of Robert's costume but I'm unsure about the bottom half. How will he be able to slide on the ice whilst generating the ice if he's got boots on? And the shorts look a little odd too.

I really like Rogue's costume too. She looks like a military version of Yuna from FF10.

But what about Johnny? Isn't he getting a costume? I wasn't too thrilled at first about Johnny being on the X-Men because I felt strongly about a mutant team being a team of just mutants. But since reading the first UCXM arc in trade, I've really grown to enjoy him being there. Though saying that, I want him gone by arc 5. I'd much rather we had Johnny on UCFF and Liz Allen on UCXM.

You never know, we might be getting more characters on the team so therefore it's good chance more X-uniforms will be announced in the future.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 05-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Elder Member

What the hell is Jimmy wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    According to the interview, something inspired by Days of Future Past Logan but I just don't see it.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Take off the jacket and you have Superboy.