BANNED

Default 3 Spider-man Questions

What issue is this from and what year and month did it come out in

Who is the villainess Riley is fighting here? and what issue is it from

who are thease scarlet spiders and why are they fighting, and what issue is it take place in

many thanks for the help

I do not remember the first one, if memory serves it must be from JMS run.
    The second one is Sppider-Man #64 and her name is... poison!
    The third one is from a story line in the Scarlet Spider ongoings, I think it mostly run on web. Those two are Ben Reilly and a robot or something, if I remember right. The storyline had the purpose of making Ben turn to the Spider-Man persona rather than Scarlet Spider.

EDIT: The third one is by JRjr so I guess is from Spider-Man, not web.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

yep you are correct for question number 1. Its character Assassination promo art. Was suppose to be the cover but it was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Right. What a stupid plot this whole thing was. It would be simpler to just abandon Scarlet Spider.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    Right. What a stupid plot this whole thing was. It would be simpler to just abandon Scarlet Spider.
    That's one of the major missteps of the Clone Saga. Due to pressure from marketing, Marvel went out of their way to come up with justifications for Ben to avoid putting on the webs.

At one point, Ben Reilly had subbed for Peter in prison so he could clear his name, saved him from the brink of madness during Maximum Cloneage, and saved Peter's life multiple times. And even after Pete LOST HIS POWERS AND GAVE BEN REILLY HIS BLESSING, BEN STILL CLAIMED HE WASN'T 'WORTHY'!

You're taking over as Spider-Man, Ben, not Jesus Christ!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

1. That was art for the "Character Assassination" story-line that ran through ASM #584-588.

2. Spider-Ben is fighting Poison, from Adjectiveless Spider-Man #64.

3. That fight takes place in Scarlet Spider vol. 1, #2. Caroline Trainor aka Lady Octopus took FBI Agent Joe Wade, who had infiltrated her organization, and used virtual reality (her specialty) to make him into a physical copy of Scarlet Spider, including web abilities. This was editorially done to make Ben give up the Scarlet Spider identity when the virtual reality Joe Wade Scarlet Spider went around town framing Ben for crimes (such as webbing up the city and its citizens).

Hope this helps.
    "Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

"I'm being ignored more than Roderick Kingsley"--Me.
    "Dorkiest joke ever. Use it at parties."--Steve Wacker (AKA J Jonah Wacker).

[QUOTE=Billium 3;15140274and used virtual reality (her specialty) to make him into a physical copy of Scarlet Spider.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

No it didn't, my brain hurts.

No it didn't, my brain hurts.
    Try reading the issues they attempt explaining it all in! I read the 90s Clone Saga in its entirety, and that won't be the first or last time your brain hurts.
    "Seriously, where's the Hobgoblin when you need him?"--Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #36

I haven't read enough to be able to just pull this nfo out of my head :D

Wish I could though.
    Well done you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Billium 3 View Post
    Try reading the issues they attempt explaining it all in! I read the 90s Clone Saga in its entirety, and that won't be the first or last time your brain hurts.
    Yeah I know, I have read them but I had forgoten what exactly was hapening. I thought it was a robot or something, didn't give much attention cause it was extremely stupid. The whole cyberwar thing was handled so wrong. Probably nobody knew anything about computers and the internet.

Yeah I know, I have read them but I had forgoten what exactly was hapening. I thought it was a robot or something, didn't give much attention cause it was extremely stupid. The whole cyberwar thing was handled so wrong. Probably nobody knew anything about computers and the internet.
    Yeah, that's what I gathered, too; that no one knew too much about the workings of computers and internet at the time. Then again, I don't think anyone really enjoyed working on those Scarlet Spider stories. They were forced by the guys upstairs as a final way to cash in on the Scarlet Spider name. They also forced it on the writers and artists because they thought it would bring in a lot of money like the brief "Age of Apocalypse" retitles of the X-books did for a few months before everything went back to normal. I'm guessing not everyone's heart was in it, and that they just didn't care, except only that they, the books, got out on time.

And the funny thing is that by that time Ben was supposed to be the real one, but a very short time after he started wearing the Spider-Man costume thay decided back to Peter. I was always thinking that the clone saga had great potential, but if they knew from the begining what they wanted to do, the story would have been much better.

And the funny thing is that by that time Ben was supposed to be the real one, but a very short time after he started wearing the Spider-Man costume thay decided back to Peter. I was always thinking that the clone saga had great potential, but if they knew from the begining what they wanted to do, the story would have been much better.
    Which I'm betting was the result of interference from changing creative teams, editors, editor-in-chiefs, and guys upstairs. The 90s Clone Saga is a good model of how things were run and always changing at Marvel at that time, when you think about it.

Yes, that's exactly it! Jurgens for example was pissed by that and decided to leave, because by the time he was writing those 6 - 7 issues they have changed the direction two or three times, where in the end Jurgens didn't care if Peter was coming back or not.

On a side note, it's sad that Jurgens never again wrote for Spider-Man.