Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Ass View Post
    1. I LOVE Marvel.

2. I dislike DC because...

3. Batman is a lame character in my opinion. You have a different one, I just see him as lame and overrated. Why? Because his greatest power is inherited wealth and he uses money to solve his greatest number of problems. Not saying he isn't also smart and good at combat. Just saying he uses his money the majority of the time, and fans let him get away with that. It's a stupid power to have. And I think the creators gave him unlimited wealth because they were lazy and wanted infinite ways for him to succeed. They likely also did not tak their character seriously. That's why I prefer Marvel, because there characters face more interesting challenges without "Inherited infinite wealth" counting as a power or origin.
    Your love for marvel is unhealthy ..... You hate dc because of batman? There's tons of other charcters.... He wasn't randomly gifted with powers like Thor . Iron man inherited his fathers wealth . Do you hate iron man too?

CotM Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    The people who do.
    If that doesn't include you, then buzz off and go talk about stuff you do care about.

Very simple concept.
    I care about helping people realize that caring about this stuff is pointless.

I care so much

I like it when General Mills products outsell Kelloggs.

THIS IS IMPORTANT

CotM Member

ooooohhh

I HATE YOU CAP'N CRUNCH

i love you Toucan Sam

Pfft, Cap'n Crunch is Quaker, you scrub

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Omega View Post
    ooooohhh

I HATE YOU CAP'N CRUNCH

i love you Toucan Sam
    I assume you hate General Mills because they make Lucky Charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Ass View Post
    3. Batman is a lame character in my opinion. You have a different one, I just see him as lame and overrated. Why? Because his greatest power is inherited wealth and he uses money to solve his greatest number of problems. Not saying he isn't also smart and good at combat. Just saying he uses his money the majority of the time, and fans let him get away with that. It's a stupid power to have. And I think the creators gave him unlimited wealth because they were lazy and wanted infinite ways for him to succeed. They likely also did not tak their character seriously. That's why I prefer Marvel, because there characters face more interesting challenges without "Inherited infinite wealth" counting as a power or origin.
    How is Tony Stark any different?

ETA: and a coke to Jeff Brady.
    Is anybody else somewhat unsettled to find Cavemold of all... people, I guess, a voice of sanity here?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

the willful attempts to derail this thread are astounding. i've seen these anti-sales sentiments expressed before but not in such a strangely, virulent way.

one article and one thread to discuss and it can't even be left alone. an interesting phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by superfriend View Post
    or is there somewhere else to talk about that?
    Nope. There is no place for that because CBR has officially run out of room and we need that valuable talking space for 55 pages of "TEEN TITANS SURVIVAL - THE TOP 25" and 225 pages worth of "Hero Up! Super Hero Squad Online Card Game Discussion."

Seriously, you can't make shit like that up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post

ETA: and a coke to Jeff Brady.
    Is anybody else somewhat unsettled to find Cavemold of all... people, I guess, a voice of sanity here?
    Just another sign of dooms day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I could understand arguing about who's stronger, Thor or Superman, but arguing about which entertainment conglomerate has more sales is pretty fucking stupid.
    Yeah, but you're only saying that because you don't have a desperate, sucking need for validation that only comics sales charts can help to fill.

Simon and Shuster over Random House. Roxxxors!!!!

It's also of extreme importance to the world that Columbia outperforms Paramount.

BANNED

Say it with me, "Earned wealth."

Something, something, broken clocks, grumble, twice a day.

I would say that Tony Stark kind of inherited his dad's wealth, but I realize I don't really give a shit.