Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Not enough to judge from the preview, particularly as this is my first exposure to all this Owls/Talons malarkey, so I honestly don't have clue one what's going on here.

And the less said about "Holy Cats" the better. Frankly, after Babs said that, I was rooting for the Talon.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    -And btw, probably Gretel was the first attempt of the Court to take out Bruce Wayne, before the first Talon.
    Not the Court's style. They would have just used a Talon. I mean they have a whole undead army of them...

There are plenty of reasons why anyone would go after either Bruce Wayne or Batman without it being tied to the Talons or the court, and people have before. Heck, it would be more likely that an assassin was tied to someone mad about Batman Inc or funded by some commercial enemy than it relating the the Court.

As for the preview, the "holy cats" made me cringe but it looks like it could be a fun battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No the plan is to take back Gotham city, and the Owls have come out of the shadow in full force to do just that.
    the plan is to kill the most important members of Gotham Society, Gordon is one of those ppl
    why is he getting such a different treatment

i guess is a wait and see but this is sticking out like a sour thumb

She hasn't been in any way flawless, let alone generally. Been kind of the point actually. Batgirl has been mostly an uphill battle for Babs so far.

U mean she researched something on her computer, gee really? Oh how very Mary Sue of her having to do research.

Well Google is inherently easy to use. If she even used Google.
    ok we are not gonna enter that discussion again but what she did doesnt count on any way or form as "research"

LoL, u don't know that the Talon let her live cause she was the main character. There is clearly more to it.
    again, is a saying

but ok
    lets just follow your excuse on this

lets say that this talon had an actual personal reason to not kill Barb

is just not gonna pay off, Gail hasnt wrote 1 single good or compelling villain in 8 issues
    Snyder has build up the Talons very well, how they work physically and mentally
    Gail needs to pull something Really REALLY good to actually makes me believe that this Talon is going against the will of the Court

after looking at the scene maybe Talon just thought that Batgirl was soo lame that it wasnt worth the time(im serious on this)
    and that would still be weak
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sizzers View Post
    Not enough to judge from the preview, particularly as this is my first exposure to all this Owls/Talons malarkey, so I honestly don't have clue one what's going on here.

And the less said about "Holy Cats" the better. Frankly, after Babs said that, I was rooting for the Talon.
    I think I saw someone talk about this issue (I want to say it was either Snyder, Higgens, or Marts), saying that it starts with an anecdote from the 40s, around the time where this particular Talon is from, so I'm thinking it's supposed to compliment that.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    the plan is to kill the most important members of Gotham Society, Gordon is one of those ppl
    why is he getting such a different treatment

i guess is a wait and see but this is sticking out like a sour thumb

ok we are not gonna enter that discussion again but what she did doesnt count on any way or form as "research"

again, is a saying

but ok
    lets just follow your excuse on this

lets say that this talon had an actual personal reason to not kill Barb

is just not gonna pay off, Gail hasnt wrote 1 single good or compelling villain in 8 issues
    Snyder has build up the Talons very well, how they work physically and mentally
    Gail needs to pull something Really REALLY good to actually makes me believe that this Talon is going against the will of the Court

after looking at the scene maybe Talon just thought that Batgirl was soo lame that it wasnt worth the time(im serious on this)
    and that would still be weak
    In other words, don't bother him, the ignore button exists for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    In other words, don't bother him, the ignore button exists for a reason.
    I shouldnt bother, who?
    what?
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Looks good. I liked the "she moves like Nightwing" comment, makes sense.
    Eh, not so much with me. I know there is always overlap with how Bat family [or any street-level fighters for that matter] is depicted in action. However, a defining trademark of Dick's capability and movement is that of an Olympic grade athlete/acrobat with Parkour skills cranked to 11. Honestly, I think characters like him and Spider-man are in a nimble league of their own. So, when you make a direct comparison to that, you're saying something very distinct about one's physical range.

And in Bab's case it runs contrary to someone who has spent three years inactive, as well as the author's insistence that our hero is "rusty", often in discomfort, and always at risk of that miracle procedure destabilizing. It feels like a cheat: the writer wants her to have that drama or external conflict to overcome, buuuuut not really.

I realize at the end of the day, its a throwaway line, but I also see it as a quick way for the author to establish a trait or skill through comparison to another already top in their field [whether it makes sense or not]. Character description by proxy. She's smarter than Batman, she moves like Nightwing--her quips are wittier than Alfred's. *gasp* WAT!

It doesn't ruin the preview or make this a bad book, but its something I'm observing more. The Talon storyline, I will reserve judgment until the crossover ends and every motive and plot reveal is out in the open. I know some mentioned about the Talon sparing Batman, but I don't think he actually did... If we are all recalling the same scene, the Talon turned to the council, like a gladiator turning to his liege, to decide the fate of the loser. Babs may have not been selected as relevant to kill at this time, idk, but we'll get more once the issue hits.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    So, when you make a direct comparison to that, you're saying something very distinct about one's physical range.
    All the Talons grew up the same way Dick did, in the circus, that's why they make the comparisons, because they're there.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    All the Talons grew up the same way Dick did, in the circus, that's why they make the comparisons, because they're there.
    You misunderstand, I don't think she should be at physical level near Nightwing's for the Talon to even observe.

In fact, I think the better dramatic risk would be the Talons spotting and assessing weakness--particularly if she is skillfully fighting her way through, but maybe favoring a soft spot or weak area that a Talon will try and go for [with disastrous results]. It would at least maintain what the author has put forth about Bab's current limitations... if those physical hurdles were genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    You misunderstand, I don't think she should be at physical level near Nightwing's for the Talon to even observe.

In fact, I think the better dramatic risk would be the Talons spotting and assessing weakness--particularly if she is skillfully fighting her way through, but maybe favoring a soft spot or weak area that a Talon will try and go for [with disastrous results]. It would at least maintain what the author has put forth about Bab's current limitations... if those physical hurdles were genuine.
    Did you even read the preview? That was a description of the Talon by Barbara. Not of Barbara.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Ya, dude its Babs who commented on how the Talon moves like Nightwing. Which given she comes from the same circus, like all the Talons, i could see how she how her movements might be familiar and like Nightwing's.

Quote Originally Posted by minasithil View Post
    Did you even read the preview? That was a description of the Talon by Barbara. Not of Barbara.
    You're right. I misattributed the thought boxes. In Nightwing, it was the Talon [Cobb] providing the monologue during his and Dick's confrontation. My bad; comment retracted.

Oh man, 5 pages already? I cant do this s***storm every month.

It was fun at first but now... why do you guys even care if you hate it?

BANNED

U mad ? ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Oh man, 5 pages already? I cant do this s***storm every month.

It was fun at first but now... why do you guys even care if you hate it?
    Its funny you would say that of all people, since I think you've been discontent with the direction of the Bat books for a while now and very vocal about it.