Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lemire Announces "Sweet Tooth's" Conclusion in December

Vertigo and creator Jeff Lemire have announced the conclusion of Lemire's creator-owned "Sweet Tooth" with issue #40 in December following a final arc entitled "The Wild Kingdom."

Full article here.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Glad to see this wonderful title end on Lemire's own terms
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    Agreed. But I hate that it is ending. Sweet Tooth was one of the 1st titles I started buying after my 15 year comic-hiatus.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Absolutely. The best comic on the stands right now. I'll miss it.
    I rule me.

Very bad poetry, Captain. Stinky Feet's Avatar

Bittersweet is the perfect word. What an awesome book Lemire has designed here and while I'm sad to see it concluded I'm excited to see how this all closes up.

Thanks Jeff!
    I am the Invincible Gaurdian of World Freedom

My first Jeff Lemire comic book, as writer or artist. I started with issue #1 nearly three years ago, and I have not only enjoyed every issue since then, I've generally liked each issue better than the one before. Sweet Tooth has been one of those series that drew me in slowly, and captivated my attention more and more as each month passed. An exquisitely beautiful series, it's made me a big Jeff Lemire fan, and I've read and enjoyed all that he's done since (the Atom, Superboy, Animal Man, Frankenstein, an issue of Jonah Hex), as well as Essex County.

Jeff has always said he thought this story would only go about 40 issues, and based on the solicit text for July's issue I was expecting this announcement. So I'm neither surprised nor disappointed, just really looking forward to the last seven issues, especially that double-sized finale. Sounds like good reading!
    Currently reading far too many comics to list (mostly DC/Vertigo), despite the best hope of my parents that I'd outgrow comics by the time I turned 50.

I also approve, but I am also sad because I have started to read this comic book, then stopped it for some reasons, and now that I return to this great title, it will be soon finished. This book has all what a Vertigo comic book might have to be a Vertigo title. A reference in the storytelling. A reference in the visuals. A true "living matter" in the hands. And a lot of feelings when you read a Vertigo comic book.

I will really miss it. Sincerely...

Yep. It has been a fun ride.
    Who's there?

san francisco - the free range twink farm

One less Vertigo title i'll be buying. I have high hopes for this new "Collider" though.

Sad to see this one go, but really excited to get to the end. After getting back into comics from my youth and catching up with all the classics, Sweet Tooth was one of the first original series I started reading and I immediately fell in love with the writing/art. Been a complete fan of Jeff Lemire since and loved everything he's done (other than Superboy). Hopefully we'll get a new original monthly from him again sometime in the near future.

Didn't either Snyder or Lemire suggest that they may be doing a special issue in both Sweet Tooth and American Vampire, where Lemire would draw AmVamp and Rafael would draw Sweet Tooth for an issue? I wonder if that still could happen... / I wonder if that was ever real, or I'm just crazy.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Sweet Tooth was one my first comics I was reading when I first began reading comics around '09. I saw an ad in the back of those "comic shop news" paper and was instantly intrigued when I saw the pic of Gus with the candy bar. Probably one of the best decisions I made.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Not comics, it's Vertigo. noh-varr's Avatar

I will miss the series, but I am glad we are getting the full story, and get 15 or so more issues then was once announced (at one point it was supposed to last only 25 or 30 issues). I can't wait to see how this ends! Or what his next project will be.
    Noh-Varr Reviews: The Silence of Our Friends by Mark Long, Jim Demonakos, and Nate Powell.

Unhappy

Losing Scalped and now Sweet Tooth...Gonna be rough for Vertigo to replace those 2.....

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaZilla View Post
    Losing Scalped and now Sweet Tooth...Gonna be rough for Vertigo to replace those 2.....

Well I think American Vampire will pick up the torch quite nicely, and quickly.
    Also, don't forget Sean Murphy's upcoming Punk Rock Jesus!

If creators like these guys keep pumping up titles and stories of this caliber, I don't think Vertigo has much to worry about :D