View Poll Results: Who was the best Bruce Banner?

Voters
215. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Eric Bana

9 4.19%
  • Edward Norton

38 17.67%
  • Mark Ruffalo

163 75.81%
  • Lou Ferrigno

5 2.33%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz Abbasi View Post
    Why is Hulk naked? Where're his pants?
    Hulk need no pants when Hulk is about to smash!

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Introverted, repressed, intelligent and unemotional?
    I think his performance was dead on. I can't decide if I thought Bana or Ruffalo was the better Banner.
    I believe the argument against Bana is that he's too much of a hunk. He may have done a good job playing introverted and emotionally repressed but he still looked like an action-hero.

BANNED

i went back and watched norton in incredible hulk. you know, he actually did a really amazing job. i still prefer ruffallo for banner, but norton by no means did the film any injustice whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Earmites View Post
    Not a huge Hulk fan. Was dissapointed to hear they didn't keep the continuity with Norton...This last weekend I saw the Avengers.

imo Ruffalo and the Hulk stole the show.
    I agree, but there's no indication TIH isn't in continuity. There's references to SHIELD keeping other interested parties off his back (IE, the scene with Ross and Stark), the origin of him working on the super soldier serum, and him wrecking Harlem were all referenced. In the comic tie-in "Fury's Big Week," it is very clearly in-continuity with the Norton film.

No disrespect to Ed Norton, but Mark Ruffalo was the best Hulk, IMO. I feel he portrayed the insecurities and flaws a lot better, I think Ed Norton was too much of a badass as Bruce Banner

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i went back and watched norton in incredible hulk. you know, he actually did a really amazing job. i still prefer ruffallo for banner, but norton by no means did the film any injustice whatsoever.
    Norton was great for the Banner he had to play, which was much more actiony than Ruffalo's. I don't know if Ruffalo could have played Banner that way and I don't think Norton could have played Banner as he is in the Avengers. The characterizations are pretty different.

BANNED

I preferred Bana's take to Norton's. But Ruffalo was superior to both.

Bana and Norton are both good actors but Ruffalo was the best hands-down for that specific part.

Bana sucked.
    Norton and Ruffalo were both good.

Ferrigno was never Banner, it was Bixby.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Ruffalo or Bixby. Mark was one of the very things I liked in the Avengers. I would definitely see a movie with his Banner/Hulk.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I really liked Norton and before the Avengers wished he had been in it but Ruffalo was brilliant.

I'd have to say Ruffalo now.

Oh lord... you people voting for buffalo are out of your minds. Norton was 1,000X better.

I think a good way to look at it is to use another famous comic hero named Bruce.

People like to talk about who's the "real person", Bruce Wayne or Batman? Is Batman who he really is or is it just a mask? Well you can apply the same question more or less to the three interpretations of The Hulk. Is the real star Bruce Banner or The Hulk?

I loved Eric Bana because I loved Ang Lee's Hulk. It was a character study of a man who had a really traumatic childhood and it has resulted in a very unhealthy adult. There is a much more genuine Jekyll and Hyde feel to the film as we thoroughly explore Bruce's character - his humanity. It is through his humanity we discover the beast.

Norton Hulk was just Ed Norton playing himself. That worked though because TIH was just an action flick. Bruce Banner was just there to tie the HULK SMASH scenes together. The Hulk was the star here, not Bruce.

I didn't much care for Ruffalo. He pulled off the weedy genius persona quite well but his attempts at being witty fell flat. Not quite as flat as his "btw, tried to kill myself kthx." That scene was just so unnecessary. It looked like they were trying to make it dramatic and to maek Banner more sympathetic but it really failed on both counts for me.

So yes, I'm gonna go with Bana Banner. I liked his character the most.
    I also won't deny he is quite...erm, easy on the eyes.