View Poll Results: Who was the best Bruce Banner?

Voters
215. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Eric Bana

9 4.19%
  • Edward Norton

38 17.67%
  • Mark Ruffalo

163 75.81%
  • Lou Ferrigno

5 2.33%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by infiltr8r0618 View Post
    At first I was a little hesitant, but I knew Rufalo was a good enough actor, my only concern was the Norton fans not giving him a chance, but they seem to have given him that chance, and he was simply awesome as Banner AND Hulk!!!!!
    The best Hulk I have seen. He did not overplay either character
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It should be pain all around all the time. Misery is the character motto. I don't like the idea for example in the Bana movie when he says something like "when I become the Hulk, I like it!". It completly turned me off.
    That has been part of the Hulk for quite a while as is the idea that Banner is more dangerous than the Hulk is.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I am a big Ed Norton fan. I think the guy is great on screen, a phenomenal actor and I check out almost everything he is in, even the flops where he is the only redeeming quality.
    yeah. but i don't think he has much range. i could never imagine him disappearing into a role. his bruce banner was indistinguishable from his character in Red Dragon. either character could have been his character from American History X; post-reformation. that said, i've seen a lot of Ed Norton films and never hated any of them (well except for Death to Smoochie).
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Ruffalo hardly did anything in the movie so i dont know how people can pick him. And the Avengers movie seems to have reverting him to being a nerd that doesnt know what is going on. This is why i sort like Ed's Banner better, because he was that smart Banner that knew how to live off the streets. So i would have rather seen Banner having be the one outspoken Avengers not really wanting to deal with this because he thinks from the start that they are trying to do some side stuff and he decides to join simply to try and stop it.
    He plays Banner in a very Undertated manner, Banner is not flashy at all.. He plays the character like he was written and lets other chew of the scenery. at least until he turns green.

So wait.... science is evil?
    That's as ridiculous as Hulk not killing anyone when he rampages.
    Bannerr is utterly ruthless and very damned smart, that makes him more dangerous than the Hulk. The hulk is basically a nice guy with a bad temper, banner is not a very nice guy at all. And the Bomb was not a science project it was a WMD.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Bannerr is utterly ruthless and very damned smart, that makes him more dangerous than the Hulk. The hulk is basically a nice guy with a bad temper, banner is not a very nice guy at all. And the Bomb was not a science project it was a WMD.
    The idea that Banner is evil because he was working with gamma radiation is silly.

The idea that Banner is evil because he was working with gamma radiation is silly.
    the idea that he was ruthless enough to build a bomb bigger than a h-bomb is not.

I guess you didn't read any Pak' run on the Hulk?

That's not why he is considered evil. He is not evil because he worked on bombs. He worked on bombs because he was evil. He killed his father too. Banner has always walked that line. Just look at the Maestro.

the idea that he was ruthless enough to build a bomb bigger than a h-bomb is not.

What does reading Pak's run have to do with thinking the idea that studying radiation means you are evil?

Quote Originally Posted by KPhilipsen View Post
    That's not why he is considered evil. He is not evil because he worked on bombs. He worked on bombs because he was evil. He killed his father too. Banner has always walked that line. Just look at the Maestro.
    So Banner is Doctor Doom now? He got all his degrees and became hella famous for single purpose of studying gamma radiation because he is evil. So how come he hasnt done any actual evil? Other than this silly story now.

What does reading Pak's run have to do with thinking the idea that studying radiation means you are evil?

So Banner is Doctor Doom now? He got all his degrees and became hella famous for single purpose of studying gamma radiation because he is evil. So how come he hasnt done any actual evil? Other than this silly story now.
    Umm... off the top of my head Banner has almost killed Rick Jones to protect his secret, hit Betty Ross, killed his father, killed thousands of people with the bombs he's created and used his son Skaar as a decoy while he rescued Betty in Fall of the Hulks resulting in his son being badly wounded. In the new Jason Aron series Banner has turned an entire island into a gamma fuelled version of the Island of Dr. Moreau. He's not exactly a balanced guy.

Didn't he go all rapey in college one time too? Could have sworn I read a story where he got rough with some chick in college.

Didn't he go all rapey in college one time too? Could have sworn I read a story where he got rough with some chick in college.
    He may have.

I know there was a scene/memory shown in 377 where Bruce was in his dorm room with a girl who wanted some loving but Bruce was apprehensive and declined. After she insulted his manhood he grabbed her (which the memory shows as him turning into grey Hulk) and she freaked out and took off.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

I read it. And I also remember reading PAD's run. Where he wanted to make a bomb that left anything organic alive, but obliterated everything else. Doesn't sound ruthless to me.
    The flashback issue, as I recall.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Bruce was on the ground and kicked back in defense of his murdering, attacking father.
    He's only evil if you spin the fact erroneously.

He was building bombs not studying anything. Pak s run shows how Scientist Banner is nore dangerous than the gree n guy

Then you did not read Pak's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    I read it. And I also remember reading PAD's run. Where he wanted to make a bomb that left anything organic alive, but obliterated everything else. Doesn't sound ruthless to me.
    The flashback issue, as I recall.
    Which retcon was that again,?