View Poll Results: Who was the best Bruce Banner?

Voters
215. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Eric Bana

9 4.19%
  • Edward Norton

38 17.67%
  • Mark Ruffalo

163 75.81%
  • Lou Ferrigno

5 2.33%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm leaning towards Ruffalo as well.

Though in a way it's almost unfair, since he had to carry a much smaller role in a much (IMO) better movie. I definately liked his Banner the best... but its entirely possible I would be saying the same thing if Bana or Norton were in the Avengers movie instead.
    Norton wouldn't have been that sympathetic. i just can't think of him that way knowing that, in the real world, he's kind of a control freak.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It should be a perfect balance of both.
    Nah not really, look at The Dark Knight at best Batman is a back seat driver in that movie. There was too many new philosophies to introduce and visually deconstruct for the movie to dwell on who Bruce is and why he does what he does (Which I think is how heroes work in all mediums. Shit happens and the heroes take it upon themselves to do something about it. Then we trying understand why.); they held off on deconstructing Batman until the end. I figure, that way in the audience's mind once the big questions are asked we realize what we just watched answered those questions before it was asked.

I would have used your balanced approach for the origin story; in order to create the illusion that this character is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Stories are not science experiments predicable outcomes are not the payoffs.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

I had very much thought Ruffalo would give one of the better performances throughout the movie. And he did.

Though I still voted for Norton. However, Avengers and Incredible Hulk were different types of films, and thus, called upon different types of Bruce Banners.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

If your including Lou Ferrigno the poll should be

Ferrigno vs CG Hulk

Ruffalo and Norton both said they were going for a banner in the vein of Bixby and he is nowhere to be found in this poll?
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    I had very much thought Ruffalo would give one of the better performances throughout the movie. And he did.

Though I still voted for Norton. However, Avengers and Incredible Hulk were different types of films, and thus, called upon different types of Bruce Banners.
    Yet both wanted their banners to be inspired by bill bixby's
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Well... one got it, and one didn't.

Bixby's Banner exuded warmth. "Warmth" is not a word anyone ever used to describe Ed Norton. His Banner was a cypher. Ruffalo's Banner was a real human being.

Like Bixby's Ruffalo Banner was smart and gullible. With that weakness of a kind heart he seems like someone you can befriend despite his secrets and dangers. When the other characters(Tony) started loving the dude so did the audience.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Stories are not science experiments predicable outcomes are not the payoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i have to admit. i had absolutely no faith in Ruffalo going-in. but he more than won me over. i think he and the Hulk stole the movie. i'd gladly watch another solo movie. way to go Ruffalo!

p.s. i still think that movie-Banner really has little in common with the guy in the comic books.
    Ditto, I expected little from Ruffalo. What a nice surprise
    Pull List: Thor, Journey Into Mystery, Captain America, Avenger's, New Avenger's, AvX, Super Crooks, Secret Service, Voodoo Child, Vescell, America's Got Powers, Wolverine and the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    mark ruffalo and give him his own movie.
    I go with Ruffalo because he had that sexy hairy chest, so yes please.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I'll watch Avengers this week. For the time being, Edward Norton, BUT with Jennifer Coneli...
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

I liked Ruffalo a lot - mostly because he didn't seem to be trying to be conflicted. He came across as very natural and normal - I thought that was a very effective way, compared to the past ways he's been portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    I'll watch Avengers this week. For the time being, Edward Norton, BUT with Jennifer Coneli...
    Ruffalo and Connelly. That would be my choice.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Bill Bixby by far. Even though his Banner was a considerable departure from the source material, it says something when 2 of the 3 actors to play Banner/Hulk in recent years cite him as one of their primary inspirations for the character.

I enjoyed all of the movie incarnations, but in my opinion the best Hulk movie was the original movie pilot for the TV series. That version was to the Hulk was Nolan's movie series is to Batman -- a grounded-in-reality approach that really explores the inner motivations and psyche of the protaganist that plays down some of the more over-the-top comic-book-ish elements, yet retains the core of the character, while providing lots of appeal for non-genre fans.

Interesting point, when Tony shows he respects Banner did that make the fans like him more? Maybe that is part of the reason we like Ruffalo. He gets praise from a character we respect.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I'd say Ruffalo who felt like a throwback to Bixby, who is strangely absent on the poll.
    Last edited by Guicho; 05-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.