Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I don't know if I need to see that "coping" you mention, but I do agree that I hope there's continued importance placed on the Gotham Initiative.
    But seeing Bruce trying to come to terms with the dilemma I outlined would be possibly lead to some interesting character development. Instead of the traditional identity conflict, where you have Bruce wondering whether he's 'really' Bruce Wayne or 'really' Batman...here you have a situation where he KNOWS that both the Bruce Wayne and Batman identities are integral parts of him, but that after years of believing the latter was the only means of helping Gotham, he's now starting to realize that the former may well be more important with regards to that goal. So does this cause him to re-align his priorities vis a vi his double life? Does it cause him to carefully take a re-look at his own personal goals?

I think such an arc could also explore the whole argument about Batman's motivations-whether he fights crime out of vengeance or out of a desire to help people, or maybe a mixture of both. If justice and helping people is his ultimate goal, then how much can he continue to prioritize the Batman if he's getting the job done a lot better as Bruce Wayne?

Bruce partnering up with Tim Drake again. They were supposed to stay partners!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Brody View Post
    Bruce partnering up with Tim Drake again. They were supposed to stay partners!
    I Hope he Starts Beating Tim Like he does Dick, of all the Robins Dick deserves it Least, but he is the only one Bruce abuses regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    THIS
    i love when they explore Gothams History, Legacy, Myths and Legends
    Yeah between Owls and Gates of Gotham he's been on a roll with the Gotham history. I think I believe I read somewhere that the references to Gates of Gotham would continue in future stories, but I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I think he's said the next arc is 7 issues.
    That's still rather long, I was hoping for a small arc to break up these two, but I suppose it is smaller than 11 (I consider Court and Night to be the same "Arc")

BANNED

sorry missplaced post

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    But seeing Bruce trying to come to terms with the dilemma I outlined would be possibly lead to some interesting character development. Instead of the traditional identity conflict, where you have Bruce wondering whether he's 'really' Bruce Wayne or 'really' Batman...here you have a situation where he KNOWS that both the Bruce Wayne and Batman identities are integral parts of him, but that after years of believing the latter was the only means of helping Gotham, he's now starting to realize that the former may well be more important with regards to that goal. So does this cause him to re-align his priorities vis a vi his double life? Does it cause him to carefully take a re-look at his own personal goals?

I think such an arc could also explore the whole argument about Batman's motivations-whether he fights crime out of vengeance or out of a desire to help people, or maybe a mixture of both. If justice and helping people is his ultimate goal, then how much can he continue to prioritize the Batman if he's getting the job done a lot better as Bruce Wayne?
    As I see it, Batman, Batman Incorporated, the Justice League, and the Gotham Initiative can all quite easily coexist, and in fact allow Bruce to target several different things. That's why I see it as something that doesn't necessarily need to be a conflict.