Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,415

    Default Say the Joker was slated for exectuion. How would Batman feel about that?

    Say that the Joker did a Federal offense(which I'm SHOCKED he's never been accused/sentenced of, to the best of my knowledge). The catch is, this Federal offense is such that it warrants the death penalty.

    How would Batman react to this?

    Or say Joker did his usual things in a foreign country and was captured and slated for execution.

    What would Batman do?

  2. #2
    Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Say that the Joker did a Federal offense(which I'm SHOCKED he's never been accused/sentenced of, to the best of my knowledge). The catch is, this Federal offense is such that it warrants the death penalty.

    How would Batman react to this?

    Or say Joker did his usual things in a foreign country and was captured and slated for execution.

    What would Batman do?
    He was stated for execution once, as I recall--the thing was that Joker was actually innocent of the crime he was charged with (someone was framing him), and Batman felt he had no choice but to prove him innocent of said crime. I forget what it was called--I want to say it was "Devil's Advocate."

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    He'd probably try to break him out.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    He was stated for execution once, as I recall--the thing was that Joker was actually innocent of the crime he was charged with (someone was framing him), and Batman felt he had no choice but to prove him innocent of said crime. I forget what it was called--I want to say it was "Devil's Advocate."
    But if joker was not innocent, I guess he will just let Joker day.

  5. #5
    Cyclops Is Right Kiryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Is Batman down with the death penalty? Has that ever come up?
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    I think he'd let him die if it were rightful. I never get the sense Batman sparing the Joker is because he thinks he doesn't deserve death, it's because he doesn't want to be judge, jury, and executioner.

  7. #7
    The Numbered One kevink31593's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Gotham City, KS
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I think he'd let him die if it were rightful. I never get the sense Batman sparing the Joker is because he thinks he doesn't deserve death, it's because he doesn't want to be judge, jury, and executioner.
    This, exactly.

    In Devil's Advocate, the reason Batman worked so hard to exonerate the Joker was because if he didn't, then the true killer would have gone free.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Is Batman down with the death penalty? Has that ever come up?
    He does not kill, but he does not against death penalty. Gotham do has death penalty.

  9. #9
    writer/artist ffritts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    This, exactly.

    In Devil's Advocate, the reason Batman worked so hard to exonerate the Joker was because if he didn't, then the true killer would have gone free.
    Just about to bring that up.

    Batman would let him die, if it was an honest court hearing.
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

  10. #10
    Junior Member Mistah K88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Jose, California, USA
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxandwall View Post
    He does not kill, but he does not against death penalty. Gotham do has death penalty.

    Yeah Gotham has the death penalty. The Penny Plunderer was sentenced to death by the the same justice system that keeps sending a serial killer clown to a minimum security mental asylum every few months.

  11. #11
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,533

    Default

    Batman cant do anything against the death penalty. He doesnt fight the laws. Of course he could campaign against it as BW but then DC would raise a massive s***tstorm so they're obviously avoiding real life politics in their books.

    As for the Joker, i think that batman should let him die. But there's that stupid story where the Joker is framed and he saves him because it's not right by the letter of the law. That story was just stupid and part of the reasons why people come up will all those theories that Batman needs the Joker, or whatever.

  12. #12

    Default

    I figure it would depend on if Joker was actually guilty of the offense he is charged with. If he was, I imagine Batman might turn up to watch ( although that might be to make sure the Joker is actually dead) if he's innnocent, batman has proved Joker innocent before.

  13. #13

    Default

    This is the only answer!


  14. #14
    Senior Member Vidocq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Damn it I was too late with that RC Clip!
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

    The jerk...

    -DKU's Jim Gordon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •