Default Say the Joker was slated for exectuion. How would Batman feel about that?

Say that the Joker did a Federal offense(which I'm SHOCKED he's never been accused/sentenced of, to the best of my knowledge). The catch is, this Federal offense is such that it warrants the death penalty.

How would Batman react to this?

Or say Joker did his usual things in a foreign country and was captured and slated for execution.

What would Batman do?

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Say that the Joker did a Federal offense(which I'm SHOCKED he's never been accused/sentenced of, to the best of my knowledge). The catch is, this Federal offense is such that it warrants the death penalty.

How would Batman react to this?

Or say Joker did his usual things in a foreign country and was captured and slated for execution.

What would Batman do?
    He was stated for execution once, as I recall--the thing was that Joker was actually innocent of the crime he was charged with (someone was framing him), and Batman felt he had no choice but to prove him innocent of said crime. I forget what it was called--I want to say it was "Devil's Advocate."

BANNED

He'd probably try to break him out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    He was stated for execution once, as I recall--the thing was that Joker was actually innocent of the crime he was charged with (someone was framing him), and Batman felt he had no choice but to prove him innocent of said crime. I forget what it was called--I want to say it was "Devil's Advocate."
    But if joker was not innocent, I guess he will just let Joker day.

Is Batman down with the death penalty? Has that ever come up?
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

I think he'd let him die if it were rightful. I never get the sense Batman sparing the Joker is because he thinks he doesn't deserve death, it's because he doesn't want to be judge, jury, and executioner.

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I think he'd let him die if it were rightful. I never get the sense Batman sparing the Joker is because he thinks he doesn't deserve death, it's because he doesn't want to be judge, jury, and executioner.
    This, exactly.

In Devil's Advocate, the reason Batman worked so hard to exonerate the Joker was because if he didn't, then the true killer would have gone free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Is Batman down with the death penalty? Has that ever come up?
    He does not kill, but he does not against death penalty. Gotham do has death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    This, exactly.

In Devil's Advocate, the reason Batman worked so hard to exonerate the Joker was because if he didn't, then the true killer would have gone free.
    Just about to bring that up.

Batman would let him die, if it was an honest court hearing.
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by foxandwall View Post
    He does not kill, but he does not against death penalty. Gotham do has death penalty.

Yeah Gotham has the death penalty. The Penny Plunderer was sentenced to death by the the same justice system that keeps sending a serial killer clown to a minimum security mental asylum every few months.

Batman cant do anything against the death penalty. He doesnt fight the laws. Of course he could campaign against it as BW but then DC would raise a massive s***tstorm so they're obviously avoiding real life politics in their books.

As for the Joker, i think that batman should let him die. But there's that stupid story where the Joker is framed and he saves him because it's not right by the letter of the law. That story was just stupid and part of the reasons why people come up will all those theories that Batman needs the Joker, or whatever.

I figure it would depend on if Joker was actually guilty of the offense he is charged with. If he was, I imagine Batman might turn up to watch ( although that might be to make sure the Joker is actually dead) if he's innnocent, batman has proved Joker innocent before.

This is the only answer!

Damn it I was too late with that RC Clip!
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.