Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCL. PREVIEWS: "Invincible," "Morning Glories"

Image Comics has provided CBR with exclusive previews for two of this week's new releases: Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley's "Invincible" #91 and Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma's "Morning Glories" #18

Full article here.

Practice Make Awesome lheiskell's Avatar

Morning Glories is a trade for me. I have to get familiar with the settings, arcs and characters for the story to sink in for me.

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by lheiskell View Post
    Morning Glories is a trade for me. I have to get familiar with the settings, arcs and characters for the story to sink in for me.
    I'm with you on that one! Though it's getting increasly hard to wait for that trade to arrive I keep hearing great things about it around the LCS.

What's making both of these series (and I get both) increasingly hard to follow is their erratic publication schedule. After I read an issue of either series, I never know when the next issue of the series is going to come out. It could be a month, it could be two months... there's no predictability with these series or so many Image series. America's Got Powers? Great debut issue, but #2 has been postponed. No issues beyond #3 have been solicited. Image has #2 scheduled now for May 30, but is that a reliable date? I never know when books are coming with this publisher.
    Currently reading far too many comics to list (mostly DC/Vertigo), despite the best hope of my parents that I'd outgrow comics by the time I turned 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    What's making both of these series (and I get both) increasingly hard to follow is their erratic publication schedule. After I read an issue of either series, I never know when the next issue of the series is going to come out. It could be a month, it could be two months... there's no predictability with these series or so many Image series. America's Got Powers? Great debut issue, but #2 has been postponed. No issues beyond #3 have been solicited. Image has #2 scheduled now for May 30, but is that a reliable date? I never know when books are coming with this publisher.
    Invincible has been basically on schedule since issue 75. Usually 4 weeks occasionally 5. I believe it's never been more than 6 weeks since issue 75 and that only happened once. We got a few issues with only 3 weeks in between when Cory Walker did a couple of issues and I would guess that the next few issues will be on time since Walker is splitting duties with Ottley again. And before issue 75 the book was similarly on time for the 2 years previous to that. It's been a long time since Invincible had much of a problem getting out regularly.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home