Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hatiko View Post
    Irredeemable and/or Incorruptible (could work as one film)
    I like how they made the greatest hero turn to a villain and the villain try to be the hero.
    could be a tv show but it might not be enough material to address the problem.

I would like to see an invincible movie, though the violence would have to be toned down a little so kids could see it.
    An empowered movie would be fun, though I don't think that would work, since the main character is usually being tied up while half naked.
    The Umbrella Academy (think teen titans, but dark and twisted)
    Ultra (that could be a statement on women, celebrity, and superherodom)

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I would like to see an invincible movie, though the violence would have to be toned down a little so kids could see it.
    An empowered movie would be fun, though I don't think that would work, since the main character is usually being tied up while half naked.
    The Umbrella Academy (think teen titans, but dark and twisted)
    Ultra (that could be a statement on women, celebrity, and superherodom)
    Umbrella academy and invincible are both in development.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Umbrella academy and invincible are both in development.
    Oh really? Do you have a link or source? I'd like to read more about it if I can :)

Can I reply again? It's a graphic novel, but I think that counts. I just finished reading Pax Romana, and I totally think it would work as a movie. I admit that the movie couldn't follow the pages closely a la 300 and Watchmen, but none of the story would have to change. The book shows the characters in the art but does not show you the action. It shows you all the dialog that takes place in between major events, and has occasional time lines highlighting changes over time.

Spoilers in this paragraph:
    It's not a long read, so the film would easily be able to include every conversation and add some really awesome action sequences which would be battles dominated by modern mercenaries against ancient romans, involving modern military vehicles like humvees and apaches. You also get to see assassinations, betrayals, dangerous emotional attachments, etc.

For anyone who doesn't know the plot, here it is spoiler free(meaning everything I reveal is in the first few pages, or the synopsis of the book on amazon): The gene pope, the "all enlightened ancenstor of a thousand holy men" is the story teller, the listener is four year old Emperor Constans IV, whose first line is "I am the King of the World. Is it time for a snack?" The gene pope proceeds to tell him a story that he says has been passed down only by word of mouth, after much build up about how secret what he's about to hear is. The story starts that in 2053 AD, after the world has become almost totally Muslim, and Christianity is about to die out for good, a pair of scientists discovered the secret to time travel. The Vatican sees the opportunity to hide the secret from anyone else, while using it to send an army of mercenaries to 312 A.D. with modern military technology in order to change the course of history to favor idea of how the world should be. I won't tell you what the plan is and how everything works out.. but it's got a really awesome style to it, and the ending is very cool and rewarding.

I think anyone who's read this would agree on how well it could work as a film.

Well, I know this comes off douchey, but I figured what the hell.

I'd like my comic to be made into a movie. It's called BINARY GRAY - it focuses on an IT tech named Alex Gray who gets the ability to communicate with electronic devices through physical contact. He begins searching for his father's killer, while he himself is being hunted by an Agency trying to manipulate him into doing their bidding.

I've had it described as Spider-Man meets the Matrix. It has a sharp sense of humor, action and drama while combining aspects of classic and modern era comics.

You can see more at the website - AssailantComics.com

Thanks!

If I had to suggest anything else, it would probably have to be something related to Preacher. Not sure if that counts as "independent" though. A movie trilogy or animated series would be amazing.
    Last edited by charltonsect; 05-09-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charltonsect View Post

I'd like my comic to be made into a movie. It's called BINARY GRAY - it focuses on an IT tech named Alex Gray who gets the ability to communicate with electronic devices through physical contact. He begins searching for his father's killer, while he himself is being hunted by an Agency trying to manipulate him into doing their bidding.

I've had it described as Spider-Man meets the Matrix. It has a sharp sense of humor, action and drama while combining aspects of classic and modern era comics.

Thanks!

If I had to suggest anything else, it would probably have to be something related to Preacher. Not sure if that counts as "independent" though. A movie trilogy or animated series would be amazing.
    Thanks for your post, I have just sent you a message through your website "contact" form.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    You sure on that? Its published my Image, which implies its creator owned. Its not like Criminal/Incognito which are under Marvels Icon imprint.
    You know, I just realized that I made the mistake of looking at the Wikipedia page where it is listed as Marvel. I'll contact them as discuss it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charltonsect View Post

Thanks!

Hey this is kinda funny, I just found your site yesterday and was planning on getting the 2 issues. Are you planning on doing more?

Default Indies: Film

Quote Originally Posted by EarthPrime View Post
    Hello,
    I am currently looking for an independent comic to adapt into a film and although I read a lot of comics myself, I wanted to ask you, the fans;

What is your favorite independent comic book? Why?
    Which independent comic would you most like to see made into a film/tv series? (could be different to your favorite)

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Thanks
    Liam
    Without a doubt Atomic Robo.Red 5 has a number of other titles ready to be made including Scott Chitwood's Drone.

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Jolie View Post
    Oh really? Do you have a link or source? I'd like to read more about it if I can :)
    Ya, do you have a link? I think I heard about UA but I never heard about invincible.

Hey this is kinda funny, I just found your site yesterday and was planning on getting the 2 issues. Are you planning on doing more?
    Awesome! Yes - #3 is due out in July in addition to my new title "Sleepless". :)

Thank you!

Ya, do you have a link? I think I heard about UA but I never heard about invincible.

Kirkman said a couple of years ago that he was working on a script ( or maybe last year)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

I guess Archie Comics doesn't qualify as an independent, but I'd like to see them try making a Mighty Crusaders movie.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I guess Archie Comics doesn't qualify as an independent, but I'd like to see them try making a Mighty Crusaders movie.
    Arn't "Mighty Crusaders" part of DC now?