Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,104

    Default

    This right here has me totally interested. James Robinson, doing He-Man? Yes, thanks.

  2. #17
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    46,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    In the 1980s cartoon, Ram-Man taught me that ramming things with my head was just dumb, and that I shouldn't do it. Valuable life lessons like this don't come easy!
    He was also the LAMEST action figure. I think I had four Ram Mans as errant b-day gifts that were so obviously regifted.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSuper View Post
    I also wish DC would've done a sequel to their Space Ghost mini. They SAID they would, but it never happened.
    That's because they couldn't come to an agreement with Joe Kelly on fees to write the sequel. Bill Willingham was then supposed to write the sequel but that never happened either. Right now DC doesn't have the rights to do comics on the HB characters but we're not sure who currently does.

    This is why the planned Johnny Quest and Herculoids comics never appeared either.

  4. #19
    T.S.O.T.I. Hulk_Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waiting 4 comix...
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    I wanna get this but out of the things I've read by Robinson, I am not feeling optimistic. I want that Skeletor variant, but I have to pass (for now). :-/
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

    DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

  5. #20
    Member Professor Arkham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    871

    Default

    The Skeletor variant cover is awesome! Very much looking forward to this

  6. #21

    Default

    He-Man is awesome:

    ಠ_ಠ

  7. #22
    My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    I'm so down with this. This was my favorite show as a kid, and I feel James Robinson's style of writing will fit this universe perfectly.

  8. #23
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    I'll give Robinson a chance on this.

  9. #24
    Senior Member rasx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    I know this is controversial but can Man-at-Arms work as a black man?
    Since Teela is really his adopted daughter she can still be a red head.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

  10. #25
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    I always felt like a Masters of the Universe / New Gods crossover would have been great -- having Eternia be a new battle ground for New Genesis and Apokolips just seems to work.

    I'm just happy DC is doing this, and if it is more like the mini-comics and the '02 series, then it should be pretty entertaining.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

  11. #26
    Veteran Member El Sombrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,765

    Default

    I liked how the 80s show was so corny and kid-friendly, I thought that was the entire appeal...?

    But that variant cover is pretty awesome.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

    She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

  12. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    I always felt like a Masters of the Universe / New Gods crossover would have been great -- having Eternia be a new battle ground for New Genesis and Apokolips just seems to work.

    I'm just happy DC is doing this, and if it is more like the mini-comics and the '02 series, then it should be pretty entertaining.
    I've actually thought the same thing. Interesting enough MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE the movie was influenced by Jack Kirby's NEW GODS.

    AS for the comic, I'm all for it. He-MAN is all kinds of insane/crazy fun. It's so out there that you can do most anything with it. Don't know if any of you partake in doing some of the green medicine, but it's definitly enhance the He-Man experience. Espeically the episodes that go all pyschedelic.

  13. #28
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I liked how the 80s show was so corny and kid-friendly, I thought that was the entire appeal...?
    That was the appeal to most of the children back in the day and I was no exception. But, we mostly cared more for the action than the other aspects. That's why as adults, it really doesn't hold up well. If not for the kid-friendly design, it would be remembered even more fondly than it is. But between Filmmation really upping the kid-friendly aspect and the watch dog groups not being happy that the show was there to sell toys, really hurt it in the long run.

  14. #29
    Senior Member Toonimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    I know this is controversial but can Man-at-Arms work as a black man?
    Since Teela is really his adopted daughter she can still be a red head.
    That could work. So long as he still has the 'stache and is named Duncan. They can do away with Fisto being his brother, though... former comrades in a war, perhaps. And Fisto being Teela's biological father could still work.

  15. #30
    Blue Boba ABH-1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    That was the appeal to most of the children back in the day and I was no exception. But, we mostly cared more for the action than the other aspects. That's why as adults, it really doesn't hold up well. If not for the kid-friendly design, it would be remembered even more fondly than it is. But between Filmmation really upping the kid-friendly aspect and the watch dog groups not being happy that the show was there to sell toys, really hurt it in the long run.
    What also really hurt the show (to my adult eyes) was the fact that ever episode used the same animation cells over and over again. It was really well-animated, which I guess was so expensive that they decided to use the "stock footage" constantly. I had bought the first boxset on DVD years ago, and I never finished watching all the episodes. It just didn't hold up as well as G1 Transformers, G.I. Joe, or ThunderCats.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •