Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

Aww. I miss Donna Troy.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!

Somewhat Wondie-obsessed CarolStrick's Avatar

Darn, I wish this site had a "like" button. So many good comments.

Unfortunately there really aren't a ton of Donna stories to choose from, are there? But I think my favorite is actually her Girlfrenzy one-shot from 1998. By no means Donna's most action-packed, but I liked it for the reasons that I liked "The Last Will and Testament of Myndi Mayer" and "Chalk Drawings" from George Perez's run. And honestly, I don't think Phil Jimenez has ever drawn a better Donna than here.

I haven't been able to enjoy Donna Troy as a character since before the Crisis on Infinite Earths. I'm impressed you guys have been able to find something about her to cling to. All the attempts to re-jig her origins since COIE utterly eroded my interest. As soon as I would set my mind to a new version, they'd jerk it around and tell me something new and then, 2-5 years later, the next guy would feel like he had to do it all over again, and so on.

My intention, though, isn't to rain on anybody's parade, so I will happily pitch in one story that is a strong exception - I fondly remember Phil Jimenez' story involving Donna vs. his newer version of the Angle Man. That story was a delight to read.

Yeah, I loved the Angle Man story. He was a really great foil for Donna, and by far the best version of that character. The revival of the earlier version in Catwoman was pathetic and confusing.

I see two areas of hope for getting Donna Troy; Earth 2 and Ame-Comi Girls. She'd make perfect sense as Fury, especially given that she's the only Amazon raised in Mortal's World. So she could easily be out there, still, not having been targeted by the Apokolips forces. Plus she's always had difficulty landing a good name to go by and the moniker of Fury is just sitting there on earth 2, waiting for an Amazon to use it... and who else fits better? Artemis? Artemis doesn't make sense with Roman Gods. Donna is the clear contender for the role. And there's several Donna Troy Ame-Comi figures out, plus they're using Deula Dent because she has "a loyal fanbase". So I'd say that clearly indicates there's room for Donna; they're going for niche markets that are easy to get to pick up one chapter that's a dollar, in the hopes they get sucked into the ongoing stories. That's probably why Robin appears to be Carrie Kelly, too. She could start as Wonder Girl again, before moving into the Troia role. Both are designed already, and they've told us to base our expectations on what's been included in the line already.

So I don't think we'll have to wait a great deal longer for our Donna Troy fix. Signs are positive. WAY more positive than signs of Wally West!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

I was always bugged that she went from being Donna Troy / Troia to just Donna Troy / Donna Troy. It reminded me too much of Marvel's Jean Grey.
    Anyway, I hope Troia shows up on E2 with Garth, Wally and any other MIA Titans.

Making Donna Troy the new Fury makes a lot of sense. Troia sounds nice, but is odd for a code name since it doesn't really mean anything.

The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I was always bugged that she went from being Donna Troy / Troia to just Donna Troy / Donna Troy. It reminded me too much of Marvel's Jean Grey.
    Anyway, I hope Troia shows up on E2 with Garth, Wally and any other MIA Titans.
    I would like to see the Titans show on Earth 2 and have all their memories pre flashpoint especially Donna & Wally.
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

The other day I was looking at the Comic Con Cosplay gallery and saw a pic of a Donna Troy in the red leotard. It was a great costume and made me miss her even more! :( Favorite Donna story: I've always enjoyed the Who Is Donna Troy story even the re-telling with her Titans origin. I loved it when she appeared in WW #1 as Wonder Woman swooping down from the sky in her mostly silver WW armor with a battle skirt. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    Phil Jiminez and Gail Simone also had some superb moments with Donna!
    When did Gail Simone write Donna? Missed that!
    With rare exception, I echo the sentiment that Post-Crisis Donna never really felt right. However I would be hard pressed to point to a definitive Donna Troy story that stood out. Donna was just a character that I enjoyed as part of the ensemble. A stong woman with compassion, but not the "den mom" she often was portrayed as post-Troia.

"Who is Wonder Girl?" might have been the last gasp of "Classic Donna"...man I miss the red outfit with the killer boots!

Arboria in the Summer Tombstone in the Winter

I always wondered(no pun intended)why DC never gave Troia her own series? I mean she's been a superhero,a space hero,and even protected the multiverse you can't go wrong with that.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I'd like to see Donna Troy if for no other reason than to expand the Wonder Woman universe. Batman has an army of similar and related characters. There is a handful of Kriptonians. I think that Wonder Woman, especially now, is important enough and interesting enough to anchor more characters and more space in the DC Universe.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    I'd like to see Donna Troy if for no other reason than to expand the Wonder Woman universe. Batman has an army of similar and related characters. There is a handful of Kriptonians. I think that Wonder Woman, especially now, is important enough and interesting enough to anchor more characters and more space in the DC Universe.
    I totally agree with you. Donna really needs to join the New 52. Superman has Superboy, Supergirl, and now Powergirl. Batman has Nightwing, Robin, Red Robin, Bat Woman, Batgirl, and now the Huntress. Wonder Woman only has Wonder Girl and she doesn't even want to be called Wonder Girl. Bring Donna Troy back. I've said it before she could be from the group of amazons that followed Antiope. Her mother could be Dorothy Hinkley who was a decendent of Antiope and her father could be Zeus. So she would truly be a sister to Diana. Come on DC comics bring back Donna Troy the original Wonder Girl.

My favorite orgin is her being Diana twin. It's one of the least complex of her orgins