Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Default Missing Donna Troy

I just want to say that I miss Donna Troy and was wondering what everyone's favorite Donna Troy story?
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

My favorite Donna story was "The Return of Donna Troy." It seemed that DC had big plans for her and then they just evaporated away. Seeing as how nearly every character in DC got their origins changed, if Donna comes back, I bet that she won't be like any Donna we know.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

Hey, I'm feeling your pain, Red! I also miss Donna!

My favorite Donna Troy stories span her lengthy history. I loved the kookiness of "The Witch of Dog Island" from the classic Teen Titans--Donna is the target of an evil "witchling" trying to demonically possess her. Marv Wolfman really brought new dimensions to Donna in NTT, particularly with the "Clash of The Titans" arc and (naturally) "Who Is Wonder Girl?" One of my personal favorites wasn't specifically Donna-centric, but she played a major role when Kory's fiance was murdered by H.I.V.E.. Phil Jiminez and Gail Simone also had some superb moments with Donna!
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Oh, god. Do I miss Donna. xD I'd have to say that my favorite story with her is probably either The Return of Donna Troy or Who is Donna Troy? or Who is Wonder Girl?

Donna Troy is my favorite DC female character, I'd wish DC would just bring her back already!
    I'd agree with Kerukun, I love those storylines!

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    Donna Troy is my favorite DC female character, I'd wish DC would just bring her back already!
    I'd agree with Kerukun, I love those storylines!
    Given the direction things are going in the DCnU, I'd rather not see Donna Troy unless she's on an alternate world -- until it exists and gets a number, I'll call it Earth-TT -- where she exists as either the adopted sister or mirror twin of the recognizable, classic WW and is the heart of whatever team, Titans or otherwise, she's a part of.

I don't want to see an all-Nu, all-different (all-dark! all-redesigned! all-Marvelized!) Donna Troy -- that is, a character with her name but none of her identifying traits or personality. And I really, really, really don't want to see some pseudo-Donna forced into the current continuity.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaffrey View Post
    I don't want to see an all-Nu, all-different (all-dark! all-redesigned! all-Marvelized!) Donna Troy -- that is, a character with her name but none of her identifying traits or personality. And I really, really, really don't want to see some pseudo-Donna forced into the current continuity.
    This. NuDC has moved from "I wonder what's happening with [unseen character]" to "I'm glad [unseen character] has not re-appeared. DC would only ruin her, like they did Wonder Woman, like they did Billy Batson, like they did Harley Quinn."

Obviously, training with the Amazons on Paradise Island would not be a credit to her reputation, and currently wouldn't be possible.
    Last edited by SteveGus; 05-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by vaffrey View Post
    Given the direction things are going in the DCnU, I'd rather not see Donna Troy unless she's on an alternate world -- until it exists and gets a number, I'll call it Earth-TT -- where she exists as either the adopted sister or mirror twin of the recognizable, classic WW and is the heart of whatever team, Titans or otherwise, she's a part of.

I understand your point of view, but I also feel like this is the perfect opportunity to finally streamline her rather confusing backstory.
    I suppose your right, I'd rather wait for a writer who can do her justice. I was never a huge fan of Diana before DCNu so I'm really enjoying the storyline, but I think I'd be pissed if they revitalized Donna in the same manner.

I really liked the Who is Donna Troy story. Everything since... blah. Just another character Crisis succeeded in destroying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    I really liked the Who is Donna Troy story. Everything since... blah. Just another character Crisis succeeded in destroying.
    Agreed on both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post

Who Is Donna Troy? was one of the best stories featuring Donna...it always felt more of a Dick Grayson story to me. Similarly, I really enjoyed the vignette that Devin Grayson wrote featuring Donna visiting Dick in Bludhaven.

I was really keen and excited for Who Is Wonder Girl?, but she was kept out of most of the action...so it ended up being a Titans in space story for me.

While The Return of Donna Troy was a valiant effort, it fell flat for me.

Oh, almost forgot that the Girl Frenzy issue featuring Troia was pretty solid.

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

I gotta say my favorite stories were when she led the Teen Titans with Speedy,Jason,Hawk,and Aqualad right after the first Crisis and how she unofficially led the Team Titans. It's just a shame that the relaunch erased them from DC History but as long as we have them we can still read them.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy Sr View Post
    I gotta say my favorite stories were when she led the Teen Titans with Speedy,Jason,Hawk,and Aqualad right after the first Crisis and how she unofficially led the Team Titans. It's just a shame that the relaunch erased them from DC History but as long as we have them we can still read them.
    No we can't--DC came to my house last night and retconned all my back-issues out of continuity.

Is is OK if I say that my favorite Donna Troy story is the two-part "Wonder Girl" episode of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV show?OK, she was called Drusilla in that, but it was how I was first introduced to the idea of a teenaged sidekick/partner to Wonder Woman. That scene of the two of them running side-by-side...I swear, I think that episode triggered the start of puberty for me. LoL.

I miss Donna, too. I have an image of her in her "starfield" costume as my phone's screensaver. I wish they'd have her turn up on Earth-2 or have her be like she was before this Flashpoint crap--a fusion of all the Donnas from the previous multiverse with all their memories.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Im a huge Donna Troy fan & miss her as well. I dont have a favorite story of her though.

Donna Troy is my FAVE Titan and I am WORRIED if she will reappear in DCnU! Why not let Donna be the NEW Amazon who Robinson said will be in his NEW JSA to avenge Earth 2 Wonder Woman's murder? Or here is an idea: DCnU WW's LOST sister who was raised in Man's World?

"Who is Donna Troy?" is my FAVE story of her! Now we need "WHERE is Donna Troy?"!