Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default Question about the Crisis series..

    Ok this is a weird and off base question with little relevance to that actual story haha. I have the entire Crisis series in trades (including Legends and so on). I'm planning on putting them on ebay (along with a bunch of other stuff) but am wanting to sell them as a lot (I think 27+ books or so total). What are these books worth? I'd rather sell all of them at once in lot than individually (just think they may not be worth as much single book wise) but I have no idea what to list the auction or buy it now/best offer price at? Could anybody help me with this haha?

  2. #2
    Elder Member Jeff Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,408

    Default

    There are things called 'comic book price guides' that can give you an approximate value for each book.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

  3. #3
    Cute.5 Aaron King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mipple City, MN
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    There are things called 'comic book price guides' that can give you an approximate value for each book.
    Trying not to be dismissive and unhelpful...

    I don't necessarily know what "Crisis series" means, but you said you have trades, so I'm assuming, like, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Identity Crisis... maybe the Crisis on Two Earths reprints? Without knowing exactly what you have, it's a little harder to determine what they're worth, but I'm wiling to bet I could find every single one of them for at least half of cover price if not cheaper without looking too hard. Maybe use that as your starting point?

    Price guides are pretty untrustworthy and inflated, so I wouldn't go that route at all.

    Also, I would consider not selling them all together. Chances are, there are very few people who want all 27 of these books. I don't know how much crossover audience there is between, say, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis, and I bet that most of the people that want them all already have some of them, which would maybe give them pause in bidding on a lot of some doubles.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    Trying not to be dismissive and unhelpful...

    I don't necessarily know what "Crisis series" means, but you said you have trades, so I'm assuming, like, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Identity Crisis... maybe the Crisis on Two Earths reprints? Without knowing exactly what you have, it's a little harder to determine what they're worth, but I'm wiling to bet I could find every single one of them for at least half of cover price if not cheaper without looking too hard. Maybe use that as your starting point?

    Price guides are pretty untrustworthy and inflated, so I wouldn't go that route at all.

    Also, I would consider not selling them all together. Chances are, there are very few people who want all 27 of these books. I don't know how much crossover audience there is between, say, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis, and I bet that most of the people that want them all already have some of them, which would maybe give them pause in bidding on a lot of some doubles.
    yeah I'm still on the fence on how I should do this. Doing 27+ auctions seems so time consuming haha. But I may do that. This is the list. Just not sure what any of this is worth but yea. I appreciate the insight

    Crisis On Infinite Earths
    Zero Hour: Crisis In Time
    Infinte Crisis
    Identity Crisis
    52 Volume 1
    52 Volume 2
    52 Volume 3
    52 Volume 4
    52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen
    Day Of Vengence
    The O.M.A.C. Project
    Rann-Thanagar War
    Villians United
    The Battle For Bludhaven
    Infinte Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre
    Countdown To Final Crisis Volume 1
    Countdown To Final Crisis Volume 2
    Countdown To Final Crisis Volume 3
    Countdown To Final Crisis Volume 4
    Legends: The Collected Edition
    Final Crisis: Revelations
    Final Crisis:Legion Of 3 Worlds
    Final Crisis Companion
    Final Crisis: Rouges Revenge
    Final Crisis

  5. #5
    Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    838

    Default

    You'd be lucky to get $40. I know that you can go to any random convention/store and find/buy each individual issue and spend no more than $36.
    Last edited by Tandaemonium; 05-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    You'd be lucky to get $40. I know that you can go to any random convention/store and find/buy each individual issue and spend no more than $36.
    I don't think so man. Even if it were a dollar an issue that 150+ single issues... I mean I get what you are saying and all but that's insane and wouldn't be like that.

  7. #7
    Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    838

    Default

    I figured he meant just CoIE and the issues that tied into it. But yes, I just realized I misread the "27+" and that he was talking about trades.

    But in any case, if it helps...I know at least CoIE individual issues (the 12 issues) would definitely be the $36-high I spoke of.
    Last edited by Tandaemonium; 05-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Ah I see what you are saying now, my bad as well. I'll most def take that into account. Once I figure out this stuff I'll probably sell all of my GL stuff including the single issues of when Hal became the spectre which was pretty awesome.

  9. #9
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    19,002

    Default

    A lot of this depends on the condition of what you're selling and what the demand / market is like at the moment.

    Have you done any checking on eBay to see what they might have recently sold for individually?

    Also, places like Barnesandnoble.com may list what some dealers are selling those for used, but don't expect to get those prices yourself.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A lot of this depends on the condition of what you're selling and what the demand / market is like at the moment.

    Have you done any checking on eBay to see what they might have recently sold for individually?

    Also, places like Barnesandnoble.com may list what some dealers are selling those for used, but don't expect to get those prices yourself.
    yeah I mean I have checked those places as well. I guess if I can get around 10$ for each item, I'll be totally cool with that. Was surprised to see that my sealed copy of Death and Return of Superman Omnibus was worth as much as it is?!

  11. #11
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    19,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rulereporter View Post
    yeah I mean I have checked those places as well. I guess if I can get around 10$ for each item, I'll be totally cool with that. Was surprised to see that my sealed copy of Death and Return of Superman Omnibus was worth as much as it is?!
    By the way, anything Batman-related may do better closer to the movie release, when all things Batman will be hyped like no tomorrow.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, anything Batman-related may do better closer to the movie release, when all things Batman will be hyped like no tomorrow.
    Yeah I have a ton of Batman trades so that probably what I think I'll end up doing with those for sure.

  13. #13

    Default

    A buddy of mine owns the local comic shop, and he sells used trades for half-off sticker price if that helps. Like others have said, condition will definitely play a role, as will how you decide to sell them. (Individually, in lots, etc.) I know I would be interested in a number of them, though not the whole lot, huge lots of trades tend to drive me away on eBay.

  14. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysabear View Post
    A buddy of mine owns the local comic shop, and he sells used trades for half-off sticker price if that helps. Like others have said, condition will definitely play a role, as will how you decide to sell them. (Individually, in lots, etc.) I know I would be interested in a number of them, though not the whole lot, huge lots of trades tend to drive me away on eBay.

    Yeah I think i'm going to go the whole individual route for sure. I have 100+ trades and it may just make more sense to go that route anyway. Just not sure if I should do auctions or buy it nows?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •