View Poll Results: Which characterization of Tony Stark/Iron Man do you prefer?

Voters
35. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • the comics characterization

12 34.29%
  • the movie characterization

23 65.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i love watching Robert Downey jr do Tony. but i have to say that he's not as smooth as i've imagined comic book Tony Stark to be. movie Stark is quirky. and he's attached to the hip with Pepper. Michelinie Stark basically never slowed down. he wasn't a quirky genius; behavior-wise. he dated frequently; seemed to juggle relationships most of the time. movie Tony seems to have grown out of it.
    Micheline's Tony is just an incredibly driven businessman. Downey's is an excentric genius who must have a chocolate factory somewhere.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

But I think they both lend themselves to interpretation. Movie Tony's eccentricity is tempered by his heroism and humanity, and that's the crux of Tony (besides his genius). Is that despite what everyone else thinks, he still goes about his business because it's the right thing to do. Also ... I think the eccentricity and quirkiness of the movie Tony works much better in its form, however, in print it wouldn't be quite as effective.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    But I think they both lend themselves to interpretation. Movie Tony's eccentricity is tempered by his heroism and humanity, and that's the crux of Tony (besides his genius). Is that despite what everyone else thinks, he still goes about his business because it's the right thing to do. Also ... I think the eccentricity and quirkiness of the movie Tony works much better in its form, however, in print it wouldn't be quite as effective.
    that's pretty much how i see it, too.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

The Black Hearted Hero of Shadows's Avatar

I voted for the comic version anticipating that more people will go for movie, but honestly I think the movie version is a good take on the newly minted Iron Man i.e it's a good take on early comics Tony put him through one tenth of the stuff comics Tony went through and you'll start to see brooding etc.

So my answer is that they're the both Tony, and I like them both sorry for the non-answer.