Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If Hope was half as smart as she thinks she is, SHE would be the one to say "Ya know what guys, maybe I should be off-planet when the Phoenix arrives, just in case it/I destroy the Earth".
    Hope hasd not idea that the PF is coming and destroying planets on the way, She just knows she is getting more powerful with it's power, she also might realize that getting off planet is likely just to leave the Earth completely defenseless against the PF, that is If it means harm to Earth.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    In my opinion, Rogers has been out of character, and out of his element, ever since he got the job of head of national security, or SHIELD or whatever. Crap like condoning torture, starting wars, and working for the government is not what I want to see Cap doing. I don't want Cap to represent the US government. I want him to represent the US ideals. Not the president, or congress. It should be freedom, and liberty, and all that jazz. You have guys, like Fury and now Daisy, to do the security, espionage, government crap. Let Cap do what he does best, which is being America's superhero.
    Yet...given how Marvel treated Fury in the past it makes me wonder who can truly replace Cap's current job given the whole Fury situation ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh... and under Cap, not a single gay male hero has EVER been on one of his teams... nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If Hope was half as smart as she thinks she is, SHE would be the one to say "Ya know what guys, maybe I should be off-planet when the Phoenix arrives, just in case it/I destroy the Earth".
    Well, from X-Sanction we know that if Hope isn't there to save the earth, it's becomes a wasteland. Cable knows that, and I think he told Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Well, from X-Sanction we know that if Hope isn't there to save the earth, it's becomes a wasteland. Cable knows that, and I think he told Cyclops
    It sounds like Hope has been left out of the loop almost entirely.

Right now she's escaped the Avengers and the X-Men, activated a device that conceals her from Cerebra, and is currently on the hunt for something that flies -- not bad considering it all went down just that afternoon.

First of all, they didn't leave the fight to go out on a picnic. Do you know what UNIT is? He's by far the most dangerous of all of those escapees, and Brand told him this. They were rescuing their teammate from a guy designed to end planets. Second, Cap acted just as rash and incompetent as Scott. He came to (what may or may not be) another nation, at least a territory commanded by someone else, and demanded one of their citizens, who also happened to be a member of his family. He essentially brought an army to Utopia and said "gimme", resorting to schoolyard bully tactics. Cap's doing it because it's what he thinks is right. Well, guess what? So is Scott. And thirdly: Insolence? Even if Utopia isn't a separate nation, I don't think Scott answers to Cap.
    It wasn't about UNIT for Scott. It was about the "safety" of Hope. Cap called Cyke out saying that he has other teams. He got cocky about his own team and dipped on Captain America and the Avengers. He was even cocky towards Agent Brand by not accepting a debriefing which resulted in his team getting ****ed by UNIT and his girlfriend getting ****ed by Namors.

There were no "bullying" tactics on Caps end. Cyclops could have handed the girl over. He probably would have even got visitation rights to see Hope and possibly clear up the confusion. But, Scott literally shot it all to hell! Cyclops will answer to the superhero community. His peers. They saw what he did.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    There were no "bullying" tactics on Caps end. Cyclops could have handed the girl over. He probably would have even got visitation rights to see Hope and possibly clear up the confusion. But, Scott literally shot it all to hell! Cyclops will answer to the superhero community. His peers. They saw what he did.
    Really?
    So, the US goverment comes to your house, demands that you give them a member of your family. You know you can't negotiate. (Emma read cap's mind, he wasn't leaving without her). You know they have bad intel (Cap's experts = Wolverine). So you are supposed to hand her over just cause you MAY have visitation rights?

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Cyke shoud worry about the property of peolewho are attacking his home?

And Cap wanted the girl, he did not ask he demanded, and assumed that he was in charge.

Cap was the one who was insolent and full of Hubris here,
    Cap and his men did not "attack" first. It was Cyclops who pulled the first visible shot. It then required a show of force on Caps end. Cap's been at war much longer than Scott could even imagine and it is not Cap's way to have people die on his watch. And, it this case it's Earth's people - human and mutants alike. Where is Scott's conrcen for the human race? It isn't there. Magneto must be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Really?
    So, the US goverment comes to your house, demands that you give them a member of your family. You know you can't negotiate. (Emma read cap's mind, he wasn't leaving without her). You know they have bad intel (Cap's experts = Wolverine). So you are supposed to hand her over just cause you MAY have visitation rights?
    In this scenario Cyclops should have no reason to distrust Cap. Seeing as how Hope would probably give them problems, the government (or Cap, a friend) would likely contact you for guidence on the matter, especially if there has been little to no results by the time the Phoenix is has made it. They'd likely let Cyclops do whatever he needs to do with Hope as a last recourse. I believe Cyclops would be the first to contact on these matters. He should have handed the girl over. The stakes are too great.

Cap and his men did not "attack" first. It was Cyclops who pulled the first visible shot. It then required a show of force on Caps end. Cap's been at war much longer than Scott could even imagine and it is not Cap's way to have people die on his watch. And, it this case it's Earth's people - human and mutants alike. Where is Scott's conrcen for the human race? It isn't there. Magneto must be so proud.
    Dude, Scott has been at war his whole life. Saying Cap has been fighting "much longer" is just flat out wrong, I'm sorry. They are very close to equal, if not completely.

Dude, Scott has been at war his whole life. Saying Cap has been fighting "much longer" is just flat out wrong, I'm sorry. They are very close to equal, if not completely.
    Cap really has been fighting longer. Sorry man, but those are the facts regarding this work of fiction.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

BANNED

In this scenario Cyclops should have no reason to distrust Cap. Seeing as how Hope would probably give them problems, the government (or Cap, a friend) would likely contact you for guidence on the matter, especially if there has been little to no results by the time the Phoenix is has made it. They'd likely let Cyclops do whatever he needs to do with Hope as a last recourse. I believe Cyclops would be the first to contact on these matters. He should have handed the girl over. The stakes are too great.
    uh...yeah, he does. his own son warned him that if the avengers got to her, the earth would be destroyed. not that difficult to understand why cyclops would not hand her over to them with that information.

One thing you're forgetting: Cap does not want Hope and the Phoenix to join under any circumstances. And the government has been anything but kind to the mutants. They have no reason to trust them. And their plans are in direct opposition to each other. And yes, when your negotiations are "give me want I want, or I'll take it" that's schoolyard bully, even if you ask nicely.

Maybe Scott should share what he knows (thanks to Cable) as opposed to being a stubborn douchebag...

Yeah, well, I guess the time that Cap's spent in ice kinda evened things out a bit, huh?