Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It would be cool seeing them come with other super-assassins/super-spies like Hawkeye and Black Widow, maybe use this model to introduce other Marvel characters. I'm thinking maybe Deathlok, etc...
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

i think a SHIELD movie would be good way to introduce mockingbird

A SHIELD/Winter Soldier movie could feature Hydra/AIM/whatever and SHIELD through the decades, from Howard Stark, Peggy Carter and probably the Howling Commandos setting it up, to the massive organisation is obviously is now, with the SHIELD staff aging and being replaced but Winter Soldier just being thawed out for specific missions. Nick Fury would be introduced fairly early, with Maria Hill, Coulson, Hawkeye and Black Widow being introduced in the latter part.

I think a SHIELD movie is almost a certainty at some point. Obviously focusing on Fury and Maria Hill and hopefully Hawkeye and Black Widow. I think it would work. Whilst I would love a Black Widow solo and a Furycentric movie, Im not sure they will happen. It would also be cool to see Cobie Smoulders getting a meatier role than in Avengers.

Obviously it would have to be smaller in scale/budget than the Avengers. Im thinking Black Widow and Hawkeye taking down Hydra (Led by Madame Hydra) in Madripoor. Hydra could have hired Taskmaster. Spider Woman could even appear?
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 05-07-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Obviously it would have to be smaller in scale/budget than the Avengers. Im thinking Black Widow and Hawkeye taking down Hydra (Led by Madame Hydra) in Madripoor. Hydra could have hired Taskmaster. Spider Woman could even appear?
    hm, maybe jessica drew, but not spider-woman proper. i could see them including her, tho. a shield movie would be great.

I will not pay to see a Shield only movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I really love Jeremy Renner, loved him in SWAT, 28 Weeks Later, The Hurt Locker and The Town. That said didn't really care for his character in Mission Impossible, and not really psyched to see him as the new Bourne. Will see how he does. I'd go see one of his movies if I thought it looked good. I wouldn't necessarily classify him as a draw for me personally. And a solo Hawkeye movie doesn't work for me just cause I'm not a fan of modern day archers, with a few exceptions.
    IA, I can't see how they would do a solo Hawkeye movie. His origin is completely different from his 616 origin, so there's not even a ton there they can draw on, for that. But if Jeremy Renner opens big as the new Bourne, he'll be more likely to get a Hawkeye picture. His career is definitely on the rise, at least, he's probably already more established than some of the other Avengers cast.

I'd see a Black Widow movie if they do it true to the character and make it a spy movie. I'd say Shield would have to be a factor in the film though. She would need some type of supporting cast or handler for support or gadgets. and it can't be the other Avengers cause they would steal the show. They could create a new supporting cast for her but that sounds like a bad idea given what we already know about the character and how she has been defined over the years. I also have no interest in seeing a Black Widow Hawkeye romance film, but that is just me.
    Well, yeah, I imagine any Black Widow movie would use SHIELD pretty heavily. And I would hope they don't do a Black Widow/Hawkeye romance film, either, heh.

The one thing they need to do, whatever film(s) they decide to make, is keep the quality up to par. Moviegoers like superheroes, and they like the MCU films and the Avengers, but not enough that they'll go see a Green Lantern type movie. But I don't think, "they'll need to do it right for it to work" should be a major barrier in these films happening, they should be focusing on making it work in the first place.

Also, I want Coulsen.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    hm, maybe jessica drew, but not spider-woman proper. i could see them including her, tho. a shield movie would be great.
    Your right, not Spider-Woman per se but definetly Jessica Drew. That way they could introduce another potential hero in a rather organic way. She starts off as an unwitting villain and then redeems herself down the line in Avengers.

.................The Avengers 4: New Avengers. You get the gist.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

i think a SHIELD movie would be good way to introduce mockingbird
    That could work.

She could be part of Fury's SHIELD strike team:Black Widow, Hawkeye, Mockingbird and Ultimate Falcon.

Now a Black Widow solo movie could work if Whedon directed it, but it would be a cross between La Femme Nikta and Salt.

A SHIELD movie would have a different feel to it.

The idea I had for this was more of a limited series, cuz i think Cap 2 is gonna be the spy-espionage movie for Marvel. Maybe put it on HBO or a major network so the stars involved wont feel like its a step down for them. You can set up the new terrorists cells, have cameos to set up the next movie. Kinda like what arrested development's doing (series into a movie)
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

After watching the movie(which I loved) I don't know if a SHIELD movie would be that great. If they focus on Black Widow Hawkeye and other SHIELD/Hero agents it might do pretty good. But focusing it on Nick fury and normal agents I can't see it making any waves.

In Avengers SHIELd was probably the most underwhelming element. I didn't really care since SHIELD has been pretty sad in comics recently anyways.
    "Some people look to the past for answers. I look to the future for solutions." --- SJH

Quote Originally Posted by NYAvenger15 View Post
    After watching the movie(which I loved) I don't know if a SHIELD movie would be that great. If they focus on Black Widow Hawkeye and other SHIELD/Hero agents it might do pretty good. But focusing it on Nick fury and normal agents I can't see it making any waves.

In Avengers SHIELd was probably the most underwhelming element. I didn't really care since SHIELD has been pretty sad in comics recently anyways.

Didn't make waves, did you not see the Hellicarier, all the gadgets, and the force that brought Shield together. Are you forgetting, Agent Coulson, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Hawkeye. Shield was in the Avengers movie in a very big and integral way. Essentially linking all the franchises together. Without Shield I don't think the movie would have been as feasible in the way all the characters came together.

Didn't make waves, did you not see the Hellicarier, all the gadgets, and the force that brought Shield together. Are you forgetting, Agent Coulson, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Hawkeye. Shield was in the Avengers movie in a very big and integral way. Essentially linking all the franchises together. Without Shield I don't think the movie would have been as feasible in the way all the characters came together.
    Coulda used some red shirt agents for the final battle though, but i can understand (budget)
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post
    Coulda used some red shirt agents for the final battle though, but i can understand (budget)
    yeah, that is the one thing. I didn't really have a problem with this, but we never saw the aliens really hurt or kill anyone on screen.

Although the Shield agents do seem mostly useless. The only ones who do anything are the Shield 5 (Fury, Hill, BW, Coulson and Hawkeye)

but at least we see Shield Agents putting up a fight, firing guns and what have you. If you compare them to the average police officers in and the army in this they don't look completely useless. The polic did nothing. Remember the scene in Russia when Loki tabs that guy in the eye. No one goes to help him. this is before he really shows off his super strength and magical powers for all we knew he was a regular guy. And we didn't really see the military or the army in the final battle at all.

As bad a Shield looked, the regular army (national guard, police were basically non-existent when people really needed them in this film.

Well okay that is not entirely true. There was that one police car that Loki blew to kingdom come