Question Anyone reading the Smallville S11 comic?

Since just this week the first printed edition of the Smallville Season 11 comic came out what do you guys that read it think of it? I personally being a fan of the series (without I would never have rekindled my interest in Supes) have been extremely pleased with the story so far. Being picking up the digital edition which for the next two weeks have are gonna be a bummer for me

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news...11306#comments

Has anyone who gave up on the series or never before watch it have you read it?
    Pull List: Batman, Demon Knights, Smallville Season 11, Wonder Woman.

I got the priny edition and am not sure what to think of it. The issue doesn't feel like an episode or even part of a single episode of the show. It reads like a bunch of disconnected scenes all set in the universe of the show but not like even the set up for a story. I know where it is going from the previews and how some of this issue leads in to that, but unlike the TV show here i knew i'd be getting something substantial before an hour passed the gaps between issues makes me less willing to wait for a payoff.

From what I have read in interview from the writer, he seems to be striving to keep the six act format from the tv episodes, meaning that so far we have only read the teaser, act I, & act II from the season premiere.

I know it may not be much of consolation but at least keep that in mind. I know because I felt that underwhelmed with the first digital chapter (that'll be 1/3 of your printed book) but for me personally the last 2/3 really pick it up running real fast.

Anyhow I am curious as to the "extra" material that DC was advertising for the print edition, would you care to fill me in? Is there anything else besides the episode guide that was publicized?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I got the priny edition and am not sure what to think of it. The issue doesn't feel like an episode or even part of a single episode of the show. It reads like a bunch of disconnected scenes all set in the universe of the show but not like even the set up for a story. I know where it is going from the previews and how some of this issue leads in to that, but unlike the TV show here i knew i'd be getting something substantial before an hour passed the gaps between issues makes me less willing to wait for a payoff.
    I think it's building up somewhere, but I think it's going to be a very slow ride. I watched all ten seasons of Smallville, but I don't think I have much interest in seeing it continue, especially at this pace. I think it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Comics_Addict View Post
    From what I have read in interview from the writer, he seems to be striving to keep the six act format from the tv episodes, meaning that so far we have only read the teaser, act I, & act II from the season premiere.

I know it may not be much of consolation but at least keep that in mind. I know because I felt that underwhelmed with the first digital chapter (that'll be 1/3 of your printed book) but for me personally the last 2/3 really pick it up running real fast.

Anyhow I am curious as to the "extra" material that DC was advertising for the print edition, would you care to fill me in? Is there anything else besides the episode guide that was publicized?
    There was one page on the costume design in addition to the episode guide. Everything else appeared to be story, which I'm assuming was reproduced from the digital version unaltered.
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 05-07-2012 at 10:58 AM.

You peaked my interest. Did they say why they choose that design or why did they change it from the one in 'Finale'?

Quote Originally Posted by Comics_Addict View Post
    You peaked my interest. Did they say why they choose that design or why did they change it from the one in 'Finale'?
    It was mostly art, showing the design of the new costume and some small border images of other variants.