Default Tsukishima Shukurou (Bleach) vs Yu Kanda (D Gray Man)

Standard fight in arena. Kanda has general knowledge of Tsukishima's abilities. Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This really depends on how fast Tsukushima is.

Because... Kanda is incredibly fast and more than capable of bisecting him in one shot.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by burninganimefan357 View Post
    Kanda has general knowledge of Tsukishima's abilities.
    That's something I've wondered about T-bag. If the opponent knows in advance what his power does and how it works, then even if he did manage to cut them, would they be able to resist the memory-warping effect through concentration, at least for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by chilled monkey View Post
    If the opponent knows in advance what his power does and how it works, then even if he did manage to cut them, would they be able to resist the memory-warping effect through concentration, at least for a while?
    Nope. Byakuya knew what Tsukishima's power was, and it worked just fine on him. To the point that even at the end of their fight he commented that he'd never be able to repay the debt he owned Tsukishima.

In addition, given that Tsukishima has done stuff like change the landscape with his ability, it's more than just memory manipulation - he's actually changing the past as far as the person/object is concerned.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This really depends on how fast Tsukushima is.
    Fast enough that Byakuya can't hit him and that Tsukishima can get behind him without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Fast enough that Byakuya can't hit him and that Tsukishima can get behind him without too much trouble.
    That's... pretty quick actually.

I haven't done the necessary braincrunching to accurately compared D.Gray-man to Bleach but... Kanda was already like... okay so the algorithm goes like this off the top of my head:

- Allen, in Chapter 1 of the manga was capable of blocking large amounts of bullets at near point blank range.
    - Kanda, when he first appeared, was faster than him.
    - Allen then underwent a notable powerup, including getting the nifty feat of blocking machine gun fire while noting to be "reacting slowly to attacks," due to his left eye that detects Akuma not working properly. We also see this powerup further displayed when Allen and Ravi go from barely being able to perceive Crowley moving, to being able to match him in combat.
    - Kanda was still faster than all of them while in his base form.
    - When facing Skin Bolic, who can about match Kanda in speed, Kanda activates Three Illusions Mode and utterly blitzstomps Skin into the ground, he only survives due to his counter techniques being automatic and being ridiculously tough that being cut into several pieces doesn't slow him down.
    - When in Three Illusions Mode while fighting Alma Karma, Kanda is roughly equal to him in speed. So he activates Four Illusions Mode and promptly becomes a fair bit faster than him.
    - Karma matches the powerup and starts throwing out some really fast projectile techniques that can tag Kanda in Four Illusions Mode.
    - Kanda responds by going to maximum power with Five Illusions Style where he's a berserker samurai with massive superspeed who craps lightning all over the place and takes Alma mostly apart.

So yeah... That's what... seven steps beyond high end bullet time? I reckon he'll be okay since he only needs to really hit Tsukushima with one semi decent technique and that'll be it. Whereas Tsukushima has to get through Kanda's utterly insane, nigh-on Wolverine level regeneration. Assuming he can't get him to stop fighting with Book of the End.

Yeah, so my money is on Kanda here.

Follow me on Tumblr!

The issue is that with Kanda's messed up past, Tsukishima probably CAN get him to stop fighting with Book of the End.

Unless bloodlust overrides that or something. Not sure on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The issue is that with Kanda's messed up past, Tsukishima probably CAN get him to stop fighting with Book of the End.

Unless bloodlust overrides that or something. Not sure on that side.
    Can he?

Kanda, when suitably pissed off has shown himself more than willing to fight... well almost anyone. Heck, if he goes Five Illusions Style before Tsukushima cuts him then I don't think there's a retcon he can add to his past that will stop Kanda killing him because Five Illusions Style makes him go berserk. It took him and Allen nearly killing each other while his adopted brother, whom he had previously been trying to murder, literally expiring on the spot to break him out of that.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Well, no, if Kanda goes berserk I don't think there's much Tsukishima can do about it.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kanda, when suitably pissed off has shown himself more than willing to fight... well almost anyone.
    Pretty much what I thought. It is possible to disregard whatever Tsukishima retcons into your past based on your feelings. Byakuya had no problem blasting a hole through Tsukishima's torso simply because he felt a greater sense of loyalty towards Ichigo. Kanda, who doesn't seem to mind going nigh-homicidal on his best buds, probably won't mind cutting Tsukishima down a little.