Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Mutants

I agree that the gene be restarted, but leave the depowered depowered. It's a win-win situation.
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    As things have progressed, what constitutes 'mutant' in the X-Men lexicon has evolved. Although not mutants in the original use of the term, Broo and Danger have both been accepted into the ranks as mutants in their own rights. Alien cross-breads could fit into this new version of the label, such as Hulking from Young Avengers, as well as second generation metahumans who inherited their extr-human abilities via 'mutated' genetics (like the cast of Secret Warriors and Finesse from Avengers Academy). Finally, as much as it breaks my heart, I doubt that Runaways will ever been green lit for a new ongoing series. Rathe than letting the characters float off into limbo, why not bring Molly and plant girl into the fold?
    Klara can come, but I rather they forever keep Molly away from the x-books. And anything in general.

But yeah, is not like the x-men can have new characters in this fashion. And really, we did get new mutants already, the lights, and for the most part they suck some serious ass. I'm not a fan of repowering people either. I think I rather they mention mutants coming back off panel than see a bunch of new characters if the x-gene is re-activated and only bring in new characters on a temporary basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    It seems to me though that there's a huge segment being ignored. What about the people who like being human and don't want to be freaks? I write of the Morlock types with the hideous appearance of monsters. It seems in the haste to restore the species, Cyclops is deliberately ignoring the people who felt victimized by their mutations.
    That's because they don't matter anything. It's just an excuse for Cyclops to boss people around.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

I wouldn't mind a few more mutants, but I'm not sure I want them to come back en masse. If we go back to pre-Wanda levels it would render Utopia largely meaningless, and I kind of like the dynamic we have going now, two good books with vastly different mission statements.

They almost have to get more mutants in somehow. Not named ones, just an unknown number of them spread out everywhere.

I'm not sure how much longer you can go with just 2 huge groups being it.

BANNED

They would not need new mutants if Yost hadn't murdered the Neo.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    They would not need new mutants if Yost hadn't murdered the Neo.
    Bringing back the Neo could be achieved as easily as their destruction was. All you would need is one of the Eternals to come down, be like 'Oh, that's not what we wanted to happen at all,' snap his or her fingers and 'foom' the Neo are back.

Retired

I'm all for the possibility of new mutants, but I don't think M-Day should just be reversed. I prefer there being only a select few mutants, all of whom are established characters, than there being random, unknown super-powered individuals spread across the globe who can just capriciously float in and out of existence as required. I also like that there are certain depowered characters, because it makes for a more diverse understanding of what it is to be a mutant.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    I prefer mutants being strong against discrimination. Being a dying species, I just don't get what's interesting or satisfying to read about that, sorry.
    Precisely! There need not be 16 or 32 million of them, but they need to be a potentially viable future human offshoot. There needs to be more than just a few idiots on a fake island. That makes them no different than Inhumans or Eternals. There needs to be tons of them amongst mankind. And they should realize that the future of mutantkind requires they intermingle with flatscans... and tend towards polyamoury.

And above all, they need to stop calling themselves a species or a race.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 05-06-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Deleted double post
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-06-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Bringing back the Neo could be achieved as easily as their destruction was. All you would need is one of the Eternals to come down, be like 'Oh, that's not what we wanted to happen at all,' snap his or her fingers and 'foom' the Neo are back.
    I'm pretty sure you'd need someone more powerful than an Eternal to acheive that goal. Besides, The Neo failed horribly as a "lost and found" super species.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-06-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    It seems to me though that there's a huge segment being ignored. What about the people who like being human and don't want to be freaks? I write of the Morlock types with the hideous appearance of monsters. It seems in the haste to restore the species, Cyclops is deliberately ignoring the people who felt victimized by their mutations.
    And the people who enjoyed their mutations? what about Layla Miller...whos demonic appearance staved off bullies at her orphanage, or the villages in africa that were protected by mutants then terrorized by soldiers after M-day? And the morlocks lived in the sewer, they probably are having a shit time adjusting to the above world.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd need someone more powerful than an Eternal to acheive that goal.
    Well,m it was a construct developed by an Eternal, the Evolutionary, who wiped out the Neo... But whatever, I agree that The Neo didn't really capture my attention that much. I'd rather see more from The Children of The Vault if more Mutants or Mutant-esque characters are needed.

On a separate note, I also liked it when many of the Mutants were not hugely overt in the mutations. It fostered a paranoia among the powers that be, not knowing just how many Mutants were out there and who was and was not a mutant.

Well,m it was a construct developed by an Eternal, the Evolutionary, who wiped out the Neo... But whatever, I agree that The Neo didn't really capture my attention that much. I'd rather see more from The Children of The Vault if more Mutants or Mutant-esque characters are needed.
    You do realize that the "High Evolutionary" isn't an Eternal right? And, as far as the "The Neo"

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Perhaps I soley share this desire, but is anyone else hoping that their will be more mutants after the ending of AVX? Personally Post if you like peace.
    Yes, need more telepaths and elementals please.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."