Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    BANNED

With that logic, Superman Returns didn't really fail. They were originally planning a sequel for 2009.

I would start with Man of Steel, then go with a World's Finest movie with Superman and Batman that leads into the Justice League movie. Steve Trevor could show up at the end of the World's Finest movie talking about the threat of Darkseid and needing their help. I have read a lot of the comments on here about Green Lantern and I agree about a soft reboot like the Hulk. That is why I say great JL movie could lead directly to a another GL movie ( like Hulk is getting from The Avengers) and then a Flash, Wonder Woman, a new Batman franchise, Aquaman, Cyborg, etc. Have two DC films a year like Marvel.

They should skip individual movies for now and just move onto Superman/Batman. That movie would bring in gigantic revenue if done right. It would also increase buzz in the company as a whole. No more origin stories for those two outside of small flashbacks. Then they could have them discover wonder woman in that movie or something and then maybe a flash movie. No single aquaman or martian manhunter movie either, introduce them in the JL movie.

Honestly, I don't think they would need to follow the Marvel Studios blueprint. DC and Warner could conceivably, with the right creators, launch a movie universe from a JL film. The Justice League core is (well up until May 4 2012) more recognizable than The Avengers core. Most people know who Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, and even Flash, Aquaman and GL are; more so than they knew, say, Iron Man before IM1, or Black Widow & Hawkeye. I think if it starts with Batman or Superman & some catastrophe that forces them to seek help, you could introduce like 4 more characters, touch on their individual universes & if the movie is good you've got a collective foundation and hype.

Just imagine a teaser trailer with one or two shots of Batman and Superman and at least one badass Wonder Woman moment - it would definitely sell.

Start with the character who started it all, SUPERMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    Back OT, what about the way Smallville approached building up there League?

At the end of the first Flash episode, the character says he'll look for others like them, and build up a team. A few throwaway lines like that in a movie, and as mentioned before, the Superman panel could work - and I really liked Buried Alien's idea of having them all have the same ending. Only thing with the same ending is, they have to try and make it clear through advertising that this is all happening in the same universe. So they could put "From the Producers of 'Man of Steel'," or whatever.

And have Green Lantern 2 be the start of GL's involvement with the Justice League. The first Green Lantern movie can be his prologue, or half-ignored like they did with "The Hulk" and "The Incredible Hulk".
    The Hulk was completely ignored. It had no bearing on TIH whatsoever. Not a single actor returned for TIH.

Just because it wasn't an origin story doesn't mean it wasn't a reboot. It was a 100%, ignore TH, reboot.

I say skip the solo movies & adapt parts of JLA: Year One with Flash/GL/BC/Aquaman/Martian Manhunter/GA. No Batman, Superman or WW to overshadow the rest of the team.

As far as solo movies after Man of Steel DC/Warner should revamp GL & get a WW movie out.

I saw this on AICN and thought people here should see it since it directly ties into the topic....

Quote Originally Posted by AintItCoolNews.com
    One of the biggest moments was when Dan DiDio started speaking about the use of the new 52 storylines in movies and TV shows - basically, it's clearly going to happen, though officially they can't confirm or deny it - Didio kept talking so much that Bob Wayne had to shut him down!
    Looks like the New 52 continuity and designs are going to start appearing in movies and TV, too.

DCnU haters and those fighting for Supes & Bats to get their underwear on the outside again are probably not gonna be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Samy View Post
    Personally I'd lay the first brick towards a connected DC Movieverse with a Dick Grayson movie.

Ever since the Golden Age, he's been the third pillar of a trinity with Kal and Bruce. He's the guy who serves as the connecting tissue between the two sides. The light and the dark. Superman's happy four-color world and Batman's dark gray street world. I'd have the plot center around his graduating from Robin to Nightwing as he synthesizes a new identity out of his two "parents". Cameos by Superman and Batman of course, maybe introduce the Titans as a background concept. I don't think there's a single character in the DCU who symbolizes "connective tissue" better than Dick Grayson, plus he's the third best known DC character. If he couldn't symbolize a unified DC Universe, I'm not sure anybody could.
    ^This. Everyone hoping for a big time JLA movie hopefully aren't holding their breath. Between the potential to be called an Avengers ripoff, the gross power disparities, Batman/Superman overshadowing everyone else, etc. etc. I can't see it working out. There are however many teams and team-ups that aren't the league and the first step toward them is introducing Dick Grayson, the undisputed center of the DC universe and the rightful third member of the "trinity". The biggest problem is that the Almighty Nolan has set the introduction of this cornerstone back years.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy's_law_incarnate View Post
    ^This. Everyone hoping for a big time JLA movie hopefully aren't holding their breath. Between the potential to be called an Avengers ripoff, the gross power disparities, Batman/Superman overshadowing everyone else, etc. etc. I can't see it working out. There are however many teams and team-ups that aren't the league and the first step toward them is introducing Dick Grayson, the undisputed center of the DC universe and the rightful third member of the "trinity". The biggest problem is that the Almighty Nolan has set the introduction of this cornerstone back years.
    RE: Avengers ripoff
    You cannot possibly be serious.

Hollywood studios always rip each other off by trying to copy and clone each other's successes.

The main reason Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon all got made was because Star Wars proved there was a huge market for sci-fi/action blockbusters.

The success of Avengers is going to lead to more superhero movies getting the greenlight, not less. Both Justice League and Fox's Fantastic Four reboot just got huge shoves forward in development thanks to this. And don't be surprised if Tom Rothman at Fox goes ahead with his New Mutants idea, too.

Spider-Man gave Hollywood its first ever $100 million 3 day wknd. Avengers gave Hollywood its first $200 million 3 day wknd. Now the race will be on to be the first studio to break $300 million in 3 days. God help us, but there are going to be so many more superhero movies in the next 5 years than ever before.