Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Where would the first brick be laid in a DC Movieverse?

The Marvel Movieverse that culminated in THE AVENGERS was first laid down four years ago in IRON MAN, and has been built brick by brick in the subsequent IRON MAN II, THOR, and CAPTAIN AMERICA movies.

If DC were to follow suit and begin building the foundations of a DC Movieverse, where should it start? Should it start in a BATMAN movie? In a SUPERMAN movie? Or perhaps in a GL or FLASH movie? What form would it take?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Personally I think they should start fresh with Flash or Aquaman or some other character that hasn't gotten the spotlight. Then maybe go bacck and do a heavy hitter like Supes/Bats. Guess we'll just have to see how this new Superman movie turns out though.
    I knew I'd bury you one day, you sanctimonious, self-righteous pain! -- Lex Luthor

Well, the next DC film, aside from TDKR, will be Man of Steel, which would be a great start. After that, I believe Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman films have all been confirmed in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    Personally I think they should start fresh with Flash or Aquaman or some other character that hasn't gotten the spotlight. Then maybe go bacck and do a heavy hitter like Supes/Bats. Guess we'll just have to see how this new Superman movie turns out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
    Well, the next DC film, aside from TDKR, will be Man of Steel, which would be a great start. After that, I believe Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman films have all been confirmed in the works.
    How would DC/Warner begin hooking the properties up, though? With IRON MAN, Marvel already began building connections to the other Avengers, but how would a DC Movieverse movie start connecting their characters together? Thus far, a few throwaway lines in BATMAN AND ROBIN (ugh) and SUPERMAN RETURNS aside, it doesn't even seem that the movie versions of Superman and Batman exist in the same universe.

If DC were to follow Marvel's models, in one of their solo hero movies, we'd begin seeing hints and clues about the menace that will eventually bring the heroes together as the Justice League.

Last edited by Buried Alien; 05-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.

phase (n.):

Get it right, people.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Superman would have to be the choice, since the next movie after that is either the Batman reboot or the GL sequel; there's nothing stopping from having a Cyborg movie in the meantime...(or a Wonder Woman, Aquaman...) Flash has already been a TV series, it would be easiest to start here as well...

Besides as long as Ryan Reynolds is GL, every girl I know will see the sequel...
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

I'd say Man of Steel could lead into World's Finest with a surrounding WW and Flash film before heading to Justice League.
    No matter what, I'd love to see Steve Trevor introduced in these movies. He's currently got that Nick Fury/Indiana Jones feel to him that I think has been good for the DCU.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

maybe they could start with the Man of Steel movie. just have an off hand remark about Lois interviewing WW or something. Then do a WW film, followed by Flash. i love Aquaman, but i really don't see him getting his own film.

Start with one really good move and put a throwaway line in it somewhere. Thats what Marvel did with Iron Man. You had a good movie and then brought up the Avengers initiative as a post credit throwaway. If the movie sucks it won't come to fruition anyways. And the biggest problem people had with Iron Man 2 was that the plot was hampered by too much Avengers set up. Just do good movies and as the train gets going sprinkle a little more throwaway connections that you can use later on. Once a JL film s definite then use the last movie or so to set up the plot a bit.

As for where to start. Superman. He's easy to get right and he's going to be the number 1 guy no matter what. Notice how Iron Man was the defacto lead? Superman's going to be that regardless.

Honestly it should have been Amanda Waller in GL.

If DC is smart than Man of Steel will be the starting block.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    As for where to start. Superman. He's easy to get right and he's going to be the number 1 guy no matter what. Notice how Iron Man was the defacto lead? Superman's going to be that regardless.
    Yeah I'd say start with Superman since A) it's a fresh start and B) it's the best movie to start the brick work.

You can then maybe even integrate the GL stuff and Batman/Wonder Woman/Flash later

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Honestly it should have been Amanda Waller in GL.

If DC is smart than Man of Steel will be the starting block.
    I wouldn't use Amanda Waller because it'd be too obvious a copy/clone of Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. from Marvel's films.

DC needs to carve out a separate identity.

If I were to do it, each of the new heroes' individual films (most likely Superman's, but also possibly the Flash's) would end with the hero having conquered the main menace of his/her film, looking towards the horizon in horror as a white wall of antimatter begins dissolving the world.

Yes, I think the "common menace" that brings the Justice League together should not be Darkseid (because Marvel seems intent on using the similar Thanos for that purpose), but the Anti-Monitor. It wouldn't be COIE, necessarily, but basically an Anti-Monitor-led Crisis.

phase (n.):

Get it right, people.

Id say keep darksied for JL 2 or 3.
    At the end of superman and use this scene

Fade to black

And then go to where Zod is locked up in the phantom zone or something and a collector takes a Dna sample from one of the last kryptonians. Then after the credits have a scene pointing to the next movie. Maybe Steve Trevor and his team of losers landing on paradise island
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    I'd say Man of Steel could lead into World's Finest with a surrounding WW and Flash film before heading to Justice League.
    pretty much THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wouldn't use Amanda Waller because it'd be too obvious a copy/clone of Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. from Marvel's films.

DC needs to carve out a separate identity.

If I were to do it, each of the new heroes' individual films (most likely Superman's, but also possibly the Flash's) would end with the hero having conquered the main menace of his/her film, looking towards the horizon in horror as a white wall of antimatter begins dissolving the world.

Yes, I think the "common menace" that brings the Justice League together should not be Darkseid (because Marvel seems intent on using the similar Thanos for that purpose), but the Anti-Monitor. It wouldn't be COIE, necessarily, but basically an Anti-Monitor-led Crisis.

Oracle would've been a perfect for that role but she doesn't exist anymore so...

BANNED

Aquaman movie would be badass