Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 257
  1. #91
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    So in direct contradiction to your last statement there are some fights that are zero percent?
    I also like the fact you ignore the point I brought up that the plot convenience you came up with is not how this forums rules work
    I like the fact that this debate has been going on for numerous pages and you decided to jump in cause its multiple against one and help troll the other guy.

  2. #92
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Oh god. I've said time and time again. She was shown to be nowhere near strong enough to harm the Hulk, Thor or Iron Man. Nor was she shown to be fast enough. Yes, I saw X2 and X3 (she basically had no feats in X2 other than 'dying'), which is why I listed all the relevant feats for the Phoenix a page or two back.
    X2 she blocked Xavier and the entire team of making a move on her. She was fast enough to stop bullets, she banished people, she was powerful enought to control a metal object over magneto. I say she would have control over Starks Armor.

  3. #93
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    With batman having prep % chance goes up but he might not win. My point is % chance goes up even losing. makes things more interesting. Every bit helps in a fight.
    But the point I'm trying to make is, and I stress this explicitly, he is going to lose no matter what. Are you really arguing that with prep, he doesn't lose as bad?
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  4. #94
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    So, if there is absolutely no chance she could harm two of the characters on the opposing side, how does her presence increase the chance of their victory at all?
    0% Chance of Damage is still 0% Chance of Damage.

    We could put The X-Men against The Hulk or Thor solo and they would lose.
    they woulds still lose but with Phoenix it would make things more tougher for HUlk or Thor. I do not know why this is so hard to understand. this is just going in circles, feel like im getting trolled here big time.

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    I like the fact that this debate has been going on for numerous pages and you decided to jump in cause its multiple against one and help troll the other guy.
    Dude... I have argued by myself against a dozen people for nearly 30 pages because I will defend my point of view until I no longer feel it needed, or until my mind has been changed. This is not trolling...

    Basically, your argument is this:

    If we put Captain America against Juggernaut (Comics), it is a stomp.
    However, if we put Luke Cage against Juggernaut, the chance of him winning goes up because Luke Cage is stronger...

    Despite the fact that neither of those people have anywhere near the power required to hurt Caine, even in his sleep.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

  6. #96
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    X2 she blocked Xavier and the entire team of making a move on her. She was fast enough to stop bullets, she banished people, she was powerful enought to control a metal object over magneto. I say she would have control over Starks Armor.
    That was X3, she wasn't the Phoenix in X2. She was plain jane Jean. Did you watch the second one?
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    they woulds still lose but with Phoenix it would make things more tougher for HUlk or Thor. I do not know why this is so hard to understand. this is just going in circles, feel like im getting trolled here big time.
    I have asked you to defend that opinion.
    Why would it be tougher?
    She does not have the durability to survive even a single hit from them.
    She does not have the speed to stop them.
    She does not have the offensive power to put them down.
    So what exactly is it that she will do that will make it tough for Thor to slaughter her and all the rest of the X-men at the same time?
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

  8. #98
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    But the point I'm trying to make is, and I stress this explicitly, he is going to lose no matter what. Are you really arguing that with prep, he doesn't lose as bad?
    would have prep make the matter for him worse ? no, get my point ? every bit helps. x-men vs Justice League, Justice League would own X-men. adding even rhino to the team still helps them out some.

  9. #99
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    I have asked you to defend that opinion.
    Why would it be tougher?
    She does not have the durability to survive even a single hit from them.
    She does not have the speed to stop them.
    She does not have the offensive power to put them down.
    So what exactly is it that she will do that will make it tough for Thor to slaughter her and all the rest of the X-men at the same time?
    she has bullet timing feats. and if they make the 1st move on her, yeah its over. if she makes the 1st move. well the fight would go on longer and helps the team out more in a way.

    you really need to listen and read everything i post. I said she could handle stark. not thor or Hulk. Stark would be a bigger thread to the X-men without phoenix. with phoenix they got a bigger chance of getting someone out of the way. do you get that ?
    Last edited by Deadman25; 05-06-2012 at 11:20 PM.

  10. #100
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Also, the only reason she was not being completely overwhelmed when Xavier and Magneto went to see her was because of, and again, this is important, interference from the Juggernaut, and Callisto
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  11. #101
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    That was X3, she wasn't the Phoenix in X2. She was plain jane Jean. Did you watch the second one?
    she was phoenix at the end of X2 where her eyes changed and took control of the X-men. guessing you didnt watch the 2nd one.

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    would have prep make the matter for him worse ? no, get my point ? every bit helps. x-men vs Justice League, Justice League would own X-men. adding even rhino to the team still helps them out some.
    Muwahahahahahahahaha!!!
    No. Rhino does not increase the chance of winning from 0%.
    All it does is it requires one, and I repeat one, additional punch from Superman to slaughter yet another person. Which happens in a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of a second.

    And that is saying that The Flash is not there to slaughter all of them before Superman even realizes there is a fight.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

  13. #103
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    would have prep make the matter for him worse ? no, get my point ? every bit helps. x-men vs Justice League, Justice League would own X-men. adding even rhino to the team still helps them out some.
    You're completely missing our point. They're still going to lose. They're going to die, either way. How does that help?
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  14. #104
    Senior Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    2,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    I like the fact that this debate has been going on for numerous pages and you decided to jump in cause its multiple against one and help troll the other guy.
    It's a free country. I can join any debate I want thanks.
    And I do not appreciate your accusations of trolling because we disagree with you. Believe it or not there are these things called differences of opinion that people have simply because we disagree with yours does not makes trolls. Point to one post where I insulted you.
    Finally you still haven't admitted wolverine can only win through plot contrivance.

  15. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    she has bullet timing feats. and if they make the 1st move on her, yeah its over. if she makes the 1st move. well the fight would go on longer and helps the team out more in a way.
    I cannot say about the BT feats at the moment because I cannot find a clip to see it yet.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •