Default InStockTrades - reliable?

Just discovered this site and I'm blown away at some of these prices.

Are they a good place to buy from and are their books in new condition?

Thanks

I just ordered from them for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was well worth it. The only people who come close to their prices are Amazon.

The shipping's a little slower than Amazon, but not bad. I trust them.

It's part of DCBS (Discount Comic Book Service), which has been around FOREVER. They are very reliable.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    I just ordered from them for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was well worth it. The only people who come close to their prices are Amazon.

The shipping's a little slower than Amazon, but not bad. I trust them.
    I'd rank In Stock Trades ahead of Amazon. Lately Amazon has just been placing graphic novels in boxes and shipping them. In the past they would shrink wrap them to a piece of cardboard to prevent them from being damaged in shipping. Now they get thrown around like they were on the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

In Stock bags their stuff well and uses packing material to prevent damage.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I'd rank In Stock Trades ahead of Amazon. Lately Amazon has just been placing graphic novels in boxes and shipping them. In the past they would shrink wrap them to a piece of cardboard to prevent them from being damaged in shipping. Now they get thrown around like they were on the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

In Stock bags their stuff well and uses packing material to prevent damage.
    It's funny you mention that. When I got my box in from IST last week, there was a giant hole in the side of the box where someone apparently drove a forklift into it, judging by the damage. It was packed so well (and encased in thick packing foam) that the 3-inch deep gouge came nowhere near the books themselves. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I hope my Amazon shipment coming tomorrow is in as good shape.

Update: This site is great!

The packaging they use to put trades in are phenomenal. I just recieved my third order today and while it was pouring down outside, the books were dry as a bone.

My only complaint is that is does take longer than I'm used to to actually ship out (4-5 days compared to Amazon Prime's day of/day after if late), but the condition the books come in and the prices make up for it.

I'm a little late on this chat but to answer your question, no, these people are not reliable at all. I placed an order on the 3rd (a Holiday), understandable that they will get to see the order is the 4th. Two of my books are still in the Not Picked or Scanned mode. Emailed them on the 6th to see what is going on. Now it is night time on the 7th and I have emailed them to cancel the order and has given them till Monday to reply or cancel my order. Either way I will place a charge dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. I and my credit company tried to call during business hours to the one phone number they have which is located on the credit card charge description and to my surprise it is a not-in-service number. Look on their website and there is no phone contact number which is very odd for a company that is said to be around forever like one other user said. So right now I am not a Happy Camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieu Le Bui View Post
    I'm a little late on this chat but to answer your question, no, these people are not reliable at all. I placed an order on the 3rd (a Holiday), understandable that they will get to see the order is the 4th. Two of my books are still in the Not Picked or Scanned mode. Emailed them on the 6th to see what is going on. Now it is night time on the 7th and I have emailed them to cancel the order and has given them till Monday to reply or cancel my order. Either way I will place a charge dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. I and my credit company tried to call during business hours to the one phone number they have which is located on the credit card charge description and to my surprise it is a not-in-service number. Look on their website and there is no phone contact number which is very odd for a company that is said to be around forever like one other user said. So right now I am not a Happy Camper.
    Not to be a jerk, but you just placed your order on the 3rd. You admit that they probably won't see it until the next day. That's only three days later. That's hardly enough time to get upset over. I can understand if they don't get back to you after a few days, but you didn't e-mail until Thursday. Give them a little bit of time to respond.

I've ordered from Instocktrades a few times and have been happy with their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieu Le Bui View Post
    It has to just be some sort of fluke. I have used IST and DCBS for a year and never had a bad experience.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Hi everybody.

Do you know if instocktrades send stuffs in europe, and if so, isn't the shipping fee too high?

thanks for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Ho Tep View Post
    Hi everybody.

Do you know if instocktrades send stuffs in europe, and if so, isn't the shipping fee too high?

thanks for the answers!
    No, they only ship in the U.S. so far.

BANNED

I love instocktrades. As it is said, their shipping practices are phenomenal. Nice study boxes, books are boarded and wrapped in plastic, and padded to the max. Also, I have never had a book that was not in excellent condition, unlike Amazon who likes to put my books in a huge envelope so I can just turn around and send them back.

I have only had one delay with them, the book was sold out and they were waiting for their resupply. It happens sometimes.