Default nu Earth 2 Batman questions

SPOILERS (for Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest # 1)

Well, months of speculation and rumors came to an end (sorta) on May 2nd with the release of Worlds' Finest # 1 and Earth 2 # 1. One of the most anticipated reveals, the identity of the E2 Batman, actually turned out to be a wee bit anti-climatic...it was Bruce all along!

And those who have read the issues in question are no doubt aware that Bruce Wayne AKA Batman of Earth 2 died, along with Superman and Wonder Woman in a valiant battle against the Parademons.

Nevertheless, I am very curious about this version of Bruce Wayne and his backstory. We still know very little about him, even if we know his name...we don't even know what he really LOOKS like...

All we know is that he has a daughter, Helena, and Helena's mother was Catwoman (identity unknown, though I guess now its more than likely its Selina Kyle).

Is his origin the classic Batman origin (or a variation of it)? Or is it completely different? (given the change in Jay Garrick's origins, we shouldn't rule out anything). What drives this Batman? Vengeance...or pure public-spirit?

His age and his chronology is also interesting. We have no idea how old the E2 Trinity were at the time of their deaths or how long they had been operating...though they seemed to be relatively young (Supes and WW looked no older than 30, and in their case, age wouldn't even matter to their appearance). But what about Batman? Since Helena was 16 at the time of his death, he would logically be around 40 at the very least. He could be older, but he seems to be at his physical peak and not really showing any signs of old age (unlike the original E2 Batman). In which case, how long has he been around as Batman? If Helena's mother was Catwoman, that would imply that he was Batman BEFORE her birth (so for AT LEAST 17 years, likely more)? However, could it be possible that the circumstances that led Bruce to become Batman and Selina to become Catwoman were SO radically different on E2 that Helena's parents only assumed costumed identities AFTER she had been born?

The questions keep mounting...even after some answers have been provided...

I also very curious about that Batman's age. Although logically , he should at least around 35, he looked no older than 30.(And He seems much younger than the Earth Prime in rencent Batman issues). If there is no Helena, maybe I will guess that he is about 28 or something.

You're not supposed to care about the Trinity. They're backstory or origins dont matter. They were pretty much the same heroes that we have in the main Earth. They died and now new heroes will fill the void they left behind. That's it. That's the point of E2, the new heroes and WF, not the trinity.

You're right about the point of the new E2 being Alan, Jay et all, but you're dead wrong about the whole 'not supposed to care about the Trinity' part. Robinson has stated that the legacy of the Trinity is what will inspire the new generation of heroes, and as such, their presence will be felt in the series even after their deaths. Besides, who Superman and Batman were will be pretty important in WF, seeing as its protagonists are their protegee's.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    You're right about the point of the new E2 being Alan, Jay et all, but you're dead wrong about the whole 'not supposed to care about the Trinity' part. Robinson has stated that the legacy of the Trinity is what will inspire the new generation of heroes, and as such, their presence will be felt in the series even after their deaths. Besides, who Superman and Batman were will be pretty important in WF, seeing as its protagonists are their protegee's.
    OK fair enough, but i think their stories and characters are mostly the same. I'm sure that any important facts that factor in Huntress or PG's stories will be examined. Like having Bruce as your father for example. But we dont need to see Bruce's training or fights with the Joker, or whether in this universe bane broke his back or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    OK fair enough, but i think their stories and characters are mostly the same. I'm sure that any important facts that factor in Huntress or PG's stories will be examined. Like having Bruce as your father for example. But we dont need to see Bruce's training or fights with the Joker, or whether in this universe bane broke his back or not.
    Agreed. I'm not saying we should have a complete re-exploration of his entire history...there's simply no room for that, and no need either.

But I'd like to have at least SOME of the most pertinent aspects of his history revealed at some point, especially those relevant to Huntress' backstory.

Its kinda like the case of the original Earth 2. The E2 Batman was rarely a major character in the E2 JSA stories during the Silver/Bronze Age, and yet, the major differences in his background (as opposed to the mainstream version) were gradually revealed-his marriage to Selina Kyle/Catwoman, the birth of Helena, Selina's death and his retirement from crime-fighting, becoming the Commissioner etc. I hope we get some similar insight this time round as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Agreed. I'm not saying we should have a complete re-exploration of his entire history...there's simply no room for that, and no need either.

But I'd like to have at least SOME of the most pertinent aspects of his history revealed at some point, especially those relevant to Huntress' backstory.

Its kinda like the case of the original Earth 2. The E2 Batman was rarely a major character in the E2 JSA stories during the Silver/Bronze Age, and yet, the major differences in his background (as opposed to the mainstream version) were gradually revealed-his marriage to Selina Kyle/Catwoman, the birth of Helena, Selina's death and his retirement from crime-fighting, becoming the Commissioner etc. I hope we get some similar insight this time round as well.
    James Robinson mentioned that there would be flashbacks showing the time when the first Trinity was alive.

Of the three, only WW left a body. We're talking about comic books here.