Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    at it).
    Regardless, Bishop's position is untenable - you can't justify killing a thousand people to save a million, nor a million to save a billion; there is no manifestation of morality that can bend around the matter...

That said, i still like Bishop and hope the writers can come up with some means of bringing him back as a good guy.
    Bishops math boils sown to killing1500 people to save 1, that math only works for the seriously insane
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Retconning Bishop's actions would only lead to a poor story that would rob him of oppurtunities for a proper redemption story. When was the last time we had one of those? Those retcons destroyed the original stories and the only thing AvX has done right is try to cement the retcon that retcon away Jean's role as the Phoenix in the original Drak Pheonix Saga. Something that was do in the Inferno cross over but many poeple seem to have forgotten. As for Xorn/Magneto hopefully someone comes up with a clear way to merge the original story with the retcon in the future. But lets refrain from retconning stories that are still fresh off the oven. Who knows what AvX has instore for Hope and what that means for Bishop's return and redemption. He may fine a spot on the Avengers or in Logan's X-Force. T he x-offices have said more than one writer had asked for him.

I agree with those that say its time for Bishop's return now that Hope's story arc is closing. Maybe Sage should be besides him...
    Retcon no. But redemption is lost to this particular Bishop. He killed a planet willingly. There is no coming back from that. The best we can Hope for is a good Bishop from an alternate reality coming back.

If he trys to help her he should start by going back and undoing what he did, not who he is. I guess he could easily travel back in time and kill himself before he decimated the Earth, preventing that future and resetting himself before he killed them all. He would retain the memories of what he did and still have the same motivative to stop Hope, but not by killing innocents. Instead he would stop what every she does to those million people she "killed" in his past.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Why do people keep wanting to weigh Sage down with the enormous albatross that is Bishop? They played chess once. She wasn't even into it.
    Not weighed down by him but it makes sense she would be the one to rescue him from that limbo future he was exiled in and bring them both back to 616. I don't care if they part from there, but its time they returned. Sage merged with the Panoptichron and must have seen what happens with Hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Not weighed down by him but it makes sense she would be the one to rescue him from that limbo future he was exiled in and bring them both back to 616. I don't care if they part from there, but its time they returned. Sage merged with the Panoptichron and must have seen what happens with Hope.
    I'll agree with half of what you said. It's certainly time for Sage to return.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Bring back Sage and merge Betsy with a Forever 21 outlet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Bring back Sage and merge Betsy with a Forever 21 outlet.
    This was the best thing I've read today. Laughing so hard right now. Thank you.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Bishop never specifically said what it was Hope did that brought about the terrible times he alluded to - it was left open-ended to facilitate future plot development. He could have been referring to something having to do with the Phoenix Force. Or perhaps it is the fact that Hope is at the center of the X-Men / Avengers War that ultimately led him to believe she needed to be eliminated. Maybe AvX proves to be the key event that leads to the full-fledged mutant persecution entailed in Bishop's past (or future, depending on how you look at it).
    Regardless, Bishop's position is untenable - you can't justify killing a thousand people to save a million, nor a million to save a billion; there is no manifestation of morality that can bend around the matter.
    depends on whom you ask. some people justify killing people because they need the land. others justify enslaving others because God has willed it. others say killing cows is justified because they are so damn tasty. this isn't as cut and dry as it seems.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Wolverine does not owe Bishop an apology. Marvel owes the readers an apology for the awful AvX writing.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Jean was mindfucked by the PF and HC.
    Under who's pencil??? Grant Morrison's Because, that's the only way I can visualize that statement being "TRUE" in the strictest sense of the word otherwise.

Emma was certainly complicit but she did not mindfuck Jean with the intention of killing an entire species.
    No, Emma Frost along with the rest her equally complicit members of the Inner Circle (Who's thirst was to seize "Global Economic Control"; over Baseline Humans. That sure sounds a lot like terrorism to me. I'm just saying). Hell, Shaw built Sentinels... Selene was running around draining life force energy left and right... Please don't get me started... The Inner Circle were not playing a game back then -- today they are less than a passing joke. Nonetheless, What they collectively did to Jean in their lust for power -- is also the sole reason from which the D'Bari got Supernova'd...

Bishop knowingly killed 9 billion people. It just not comparable. Notice I did not mention Mags because his being an X-man if bullshit. Even then though his kill count is still about 8,980,000,000 short of Bishop's.
    Yeah, too bad it hasn't actually happened yet... So, did it really happen?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    Wolverine does not owe Bishop an apology. Marvel owes the readers an apology for the awful AvX writing.
    givemeabreak. the last issue of avx was bang-on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Under who's pencil??? Grant Morrison Because, that's the only way I can visualize that statement being "TRUE" in the strictest sense of the word otherwise.

No, Emma Frost along with the rest her equally complicit members of the Inner Circle (Who's thirst was to seize "Global Economic Control"; over Baseline Humans. Hell, Shaw built Sentinels... Selene was running around draining life force energy left and right... Please don't get me started... The Inner Circle were not playing a game back then -- today they are less than a passing joke. Nonetheless, What they collectively did to Jean in their lust for power -- is also the sole reason from which the D'Bari got Supernova'd...

Yeah, to bad it hasn't actually happened yet... So, did it really happen?
    You know when the Phoenix Force ate the star it actually looked like an accident. She was just eating. There was no malice. I don't think "insanity" as you put it was to blame. She was hungry and in a way the D'Bari were too insignificant to her cosmic perceptions.

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

No one owes Bishop an apology. Bishop is a jerk.
    Namor is King! Killraven too. Mantis is the greatest!

Shatterstar is gay. Deadpool is Bi.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Yeah, too bad it hasn't actually happened yet... So, did it really happen?[/FONT]
    What reasoning are you following here? Time, the 4th dimension, flows in both directions. Marvel has showed that in one timeline Bishop killed those people. It's canon. The only question is how many timelines he has done this in.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You know when the Phoenix Force ate the star it actually looked like an accident. She was just eating. There was no malice. I don't think "insanity" as you put it was to blame. She was hungry and in a way the D'Bari were too insignificant to her cosmic perceptions.
    Nice try... Ever thought of being comedian? Fortunately, the pages says otherwise.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!