Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    At the time McDuffie released an issue saying that a large enough impact on the past can change the future. It takes four people to change the future according to his FF series.
    And, just how exactly did McDuffie explain this precise theory?
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Time travel theory, to the extent that it is a real science, copes with two central, mutually exclusive paradigms. One suggests that there is one, singular time line that can be affected and changed by way of intra-time disturbance and manipulation. The other is that there are multiple timeline, a multiverse, and that altering a future or past event doesn't change the timeline of origin, but rather creates a whole new timeline adjacent to the original.
    The later of these two concepts is the one that is accepted by the vast majority of conceptual time-travel science. And to this extent, Bishop cannot save his future by killing Hope, he can only create a new timeline where whatever affect she has does not occur; and that furthermore, his presence within his own past automatically alters his timeline, nullifying his ability to predict the future, and creating a brand new timeline where anything can happen.
    I already tried having this debate in my thread about Bishop but the answer you will get is that well Marvel says timelines can be altered/destroyed so because Marvel says it's possible we should just ignore the fact that it is not consistent with any known theory of time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    And, just how exactly did McDuffie explain this precise theory?
    With pictures. And chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I already tried having this debate in my thread about Bishop but the answer you will get is that well Marvel says timelines can be altered/destroyed so because Marvel says it's possible we should just ignore the fact that it is not consistent with any known theory of time travel.
    I thought the answer you got is that only the Phoenix or cosmicy kind of crap like the infinity gauntlet can alter/destroy timelines, and that everything else spawns different timelines. In fact, I think I gave you this answer.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Should there be a Wolverine and Bishop ongoing that spins out of AvX?
    YES. It ends with Cable and Deadpool massacring both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    I thought the answer you got is that only the Phoenix or cosmicy kind of crap like the infinity gauntlet can alter/destroy timelines, and that everything else spawns different timelines. In fact, I think I gave you this answer.
    I already knew what Marvel thought about destroying timelines so I didn't need to be told anything. I simply discussed in my opening post actual alternate reality theories like the many worlds theory and you among others kept running on about but Marvel says this as if I cared what Marvel said.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Alternatie time lines don't count:P

Ultra Mega Chicken has killed more in this crossover then Bishop ever has
    You know that something's going wrong when Magneto is the one saying: "Hold on. Dead planet. WTF?"

Still if you're going to kill one million humans in six minutes, you can't go wrong with using the phoenix force.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 05-06-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

With pictures. And chalk.
    So, basically your saying you really don't know.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

No, you truly can't comprehend written language: Bishop believed that he could wipe out his dark and dreary timeline and prevent it from happening to 616 by killing Hope. That doesn't mean Marvel is advocating that this would work. It's just what Bishop believes would happen. You think Marvel disagrees with the many worlds thing, but you just can't comprehend complex ideas written in response to one of your posts.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    So, basically your saying you really don't know.
    No, I'm saying it was explained that Kang lied by Future Reed Richards with chalk and pictures.

blueberry spice head nickmarino's Avatar

bishop was right

Double post deleted.

I AM PHOENIX!

No, I'm saying it was explained that Kang lied by Future Reed Richards with chalk and pictures.
    Moving' right along...

I AM PHOENIX!

Wolverine is never going to be seen as a badguy., we know Marvel how ever they should give Bishop redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    No, you truly can't comprehend written language: Bishop believed that he could wipe out his dark and dreary timeline and prevent it from happening to 616 by killing Hope. That doesn't mean Marvel is advocating that this would work. It's just what Bishop believes would happen. You think Marvel disagrees with the many worlds thing, but you just can't comprehend complex ideas written in response to one of your posts.
    No I believe Marvel has applied the many worlds theory incorrectly because alternate realities are infinite. You can't destroy an alternate reality. All you can do is change your perspective. There is no way for Bishop to ensure Hope does not kill one million. All he can do is change his perspective by seeming to alter which reality she does this in but in the end there will always be a reality out there where Hope did kill one million people if we assume she did so at one point. It just that this Bishop and the comic book readers will simply not perceive it because it won't be shown. This logic applies to the Infinite Gauntlet or any such non-sense.

Your bias simply precludes you from reading my posts objectively. You already admitted that Marvel believes timelines can be destroyed which again is simply bullshit from the perspective of the many worlds theory.

Put simply, there is a universe out there where Onslaught won and the X-men are dead. I don't think you or Marvel believe this but if you subscribe to the Many Worlds Theory it has to be true.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-06-2012 at 03:04 PM.