View Poll Results: What Title should i get to fill batwoman's place?

Voters
48. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batgirl

9 18.75%
  • Catwoman

9 18.75%
  • Nightwing

26 54.17%
  • Detective Comics

4 8.33%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    You can read it on any computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Bingo. You don't need a tablet to read digital comics.
    I don't know about The Animal Man, but I only have a desktop computer which is located elsewhere in the house from where I normally read my comics . . . the idea of having to go to that computer and reading it only on that device isn't too appealing to me. (And while I'm hoping we're done with all the crummy weather that caused power outages for a few days at the end of August and again at the end of October last year around me, having to hope that (a.) you don't lose power, (b.) you don't lose your internet connection, and (c.) the site doesn't have any problems, isn't really attractive to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know about The Animal Man, but I only have a desktop computer which is located elsewhere in the house from where I normally read my comics . . . the idea of having to go to that computer and reading it only on that device isn't too appealing to me. (And while I'm hoping we're done with all the crummy weather that caused power outages for a few days at the end of August and again at the end of October last year around me, having to hope that (a.) you don't lose power, (b.) you don't lose your internet connection, and (c.) the site doesn't have any problems, isn't really attractive to me.)
    Agree with this so much...i like real comic books because i don't have to run to my computer whenever i want to read them i can just pull out any issue i want and start reading it's that simple....not just that but a Digital comic book collection just doesn't sound all that good
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

But you can read it on any computer anywhere and going to another room to use your computer isn't a hassle at all. It's only one book anyway. If you love Batwoman, and you appear to really like the character, you should give comixology a shot.
    If you lose your connection or power, you can't read it. That's true, but you can't read the book anyway since you have no other way to buy it. You just have to wait a couple of hours. Do you really lose your connection and power that much? If the site has problems, you can email them. They're prompt.
    Instead of wasting energy talking about how it might not work, try reading an issue with it.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

i don't have a computer in every room though I've tried reading comics digitally before and it's just not for me and who says i have no other way to buy it? i could just buy comics from another site end of story i just don't have a nearby comic store and i have to pick the most reliable site and also it's not just one book it's five books unless you think I'm gonna drop the rest and just stick with batwoman
    Last edited by The Animal Man; 05-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Batgirl is outstanding, its that simple

Nightwing is great too, Catwoman is a fun book but nothing exceptional.

Detective Comics has improved with 8 and 9 but those were both one shots and so far Tony's multi issue arcs are not impressive, if 10 doesn't impress me I'll be dropping it so I cant recommend this one.

But any of the other 3 would be fine additions to your collections imo.

It sounds like you'd be best off giving up on single issues and buying trades on Amazon when those come out for the series you like. You'd save the money and wouldn't have to deal with any hassle.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    It sounds like you'd be best off giving up on single issues and buying trades on Amazon when those come out for the series you like. You'd save the money and wouldn't have to deal with any hassle.
    except the waiting....Hell Volume One Of I Vampire Comes out in october i can only imagine how frustrating it would get after awhile to wait so long just for one volume....by then discussion will of died down and It'll be just as bad as before i even subscribed to dc comics

Wait so the discussion is more important than the reading of the comic?? Im years behind on comic reading and there is usually no discussion on what Im reading but so what. Thats not why Im reading it in the first place. I really hope you just phrased that wrong.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

it's that and I'd be really really bored waiting for TPB's to come out and having nothing new to read until then also i love discussing comics with a buddy i voice chat with On Vita/PS3 it really would make conversations less interesting if i had to wait a whole year for a TPB and then even longer for more
    Last edited by The Animal Man; 05-07-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    But you can read it on any computer anywhere and going to another room to use your computer isn't a hassle at all. It's only one book anyway. If you love Batwoman, and you appear to really like the character, you should give comixology a shot.
    If you lose your connection or power, you can't read it. That's true, but you can't read the book anyway since you have no other way to buy it. You just have to wait a couple of hours. Do you really lose your connection and power that much? If the site has problems, you can email them. They're prompt.
    Instead of wasting energy talking about how it might not work, try reading an issue with it.
    I suspect The Animal Man doesn't have access to a credit card. Otherwise Comixology would be prefect for him. They have a huge selection of not only DC, but also other publishers. And their prices drop to $1.99 after 30 days, even on the $3.99 titles. Going digital would expand the pool of titles he could pick from and would actually save him money. More titles and less money trumps "I can't read them anywhere" in my book.

No credit card also explains his reluctance to try midtown.com or dcbs.com despite those also being much cheaper than DC's subscription prices.

It sucks that he can't read the books he wants, but to be honest, I just ignore his "woe is me" posts. He can't change his situation and there's nothing anyone here can do to help him.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

You've probably already thought of this option, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways. Do you perhaps know someone who lives near a comic store? A friend of family member. You could, assuming that they're nice chaps, ask them to get your comics and post them to you. I do this for my brother; he lives in the middle of nowhere, and I don't, so I pick up his comics and post them to him.

Yeah i don't have a credit card i got money but no credit card and no i don't have anyone who lives near a comic shop

That sucks.

I don't really understand why DC are doing this, it seems ass backwards. I can maybe understand them not offering new subscriptions on those titles, but I can't understand them cancelling a pre-existing subscription. I'd have thought that if you were already subscribed to those titles then they'd just let you keep them. Makes zero sense and seems like they're just under cutting their own potential profit. Or am I completely misunderstanding this?

i called dc about this and the women on the line told me She had no information on if those titles were were getting discontinued or not(although once i gave her my account details she was able to tell me right I'm listed as being subscribed to Animal Man Batwoman Batman Justice League Dark And Swamp Thing)and also told me to check the blog(what kind of response is that....)

she also told me I'd Currently Receive the titles I'm subscribed to and didn't say anything that would suggest they weren't being offered although somebody on another message board told me about this problem since he had a conversation with A DC Subscriptions Rep that told him any title not on the list would be transferred to one that was

So That phone call didn't change a thing

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    Batgirl is outstanding, its that simple

But any of the other 3 would be fine additions to your collections imo.
    Naturally I recommend Batgirl. The book keeps moving on character development, as well as introduction of both supporting and new villians at a consistent pace, unlike many of the other bat-titles which are just now getting over their first arcs. It's a consistently enjoyable title with a protagonist who fights simply because it's the right thing to do, which I always find refreshing.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Upcoming titles:
    Storm