Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    I wish they made a WW game like Legend of Zelda
    I'd love that.

I really like the Legend of Zelda comparison (but don't tell Dr. Hurt I said that ).
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I dont know if you guys have played any Legend of Zelda games. I've played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, the two N64 games. The former was normal in tone and atmosphere, but the latter was pretty dark and creepy. If you've played this already you know what i'm talking about. I tried to find some pics on google to show you what i mean, but you really have to play it.

The game starts with you traveling to a new land but on your way there you are transformed into a little tree creature and you have to fight your way through a dungeon or two to get back to your normal self. But as you arrive on this strange new land, you see this:

The bad guy of the story is trying to crash the moon on the city. You have 3 days (you can see the clock on the screen) to save the world but luckily with the song of time you can go back to the first one once you run out of days. But every time you reach the final hours of the third day you hear this music:

And there's this final stage which feels like you died and went to heaven or something.

All in all this feels a lot like Azzarello's WW. Chiang's Greek Gods would fit perfectly in Majora's Mask. I hope they continue this way and amp up this design style, and enrich the whole world.
    Majora's Mask is my all time favourite zelda game, hell, probably my favourite game period (and I played Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventure, Skyward Sword, A Link to the past...). I love how the game feels twisted. At first glance, it looks very zelda, but you can quickly feel there's something rotten beneath the surface of this game. It's incredibly dark, but it's not violent or gory. It's a very singular experience that could probably be linked to what Azzarelo is doing.
    But Skyward sword was epic as hell too. Adventure made "flesh".
    A zelda/ Indiana like WW book, now. Please. It's like the best idea I ever heard for Wonder Woman.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Really? Why? I was about to buy a Nintendo Wii just to play it.
    Do it. It's a bit different, but the game is actually taking chances with the formula( for the better and sometimes the worse), which I enjoyed greatly. I would say it felt more...."compact" than Twilight for instance. Smaller, but with more things to do. And the fighting with your Wiimote is very cool and has a huge impact on the gameplay by making the game harder, since they are blocking your attacks (I remember the first time I fought Girahim.....that didn't end well). There are less items yes, but on the other hand, every one of them is actually useful (unlike Twilight again). Besides, I really think the dungeons where incredibly good (the sandship was just awesome). The Sky is a bit underused, similar to the Sea in Wind Waker but much smaller (which isn't necessaraly a bad thing). But the "Fields" are much more used, and you actually have to struggle (in the sense that you have to solve puzzles) to reach the dungeon.
    And you can upgrade your stuff now, which is cool and finally answer the zelda gamer dilemma "what the hell should I do with all these ruppes I've got?" Here, you won't have to worry about that.
    Seriously, try it. It's a bit like Wind Waker, in the sense that it's either one of your favourite, or one of those you dislike the most. No middle ground. As for me, I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I really like the Legend of Zelda comparison (but don't tell Dr. Hurt I said that ).
    Oh you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Majora's Mask is my all time favourite zelda game, hell, probably my favourite game period (and I played Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Four Swords Adventure, Skyward Sword, A Link to the past...). I love how the game feels twisted. At first glance, it looks very zelda, but you can quickly feel there's something rotten beneath the surface of this game. It's incredibly dark, but it's not violent or gory. It's a very singular experience that could probably be linked to what Azzarelo is doing.
    But Skyward sword was epic as hell too. Adventure made "flesh".
    A zelda/ Indiana like WW book, now. Please. It's like the best idea I ever heard for Wonder Woman.
    I loved Majora's Mask as well. It was exactly like you described it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Do it. It's a bit different, but the game is actually taking chances with the formula( for the better and sometimes the worse), which I enjoyed greatly. I would say it felt more...."compact" than Twilight for instance. Smaller, but with more things to do. And the fighting with your Wiimote is very cool and has a huge impact on the gameplay by making the game harder, since they are blocking your attacks (I remember the first time I fought Girahim.....that didn't end well). There are less items yes, but on the other hand, every one of them is actually useful (unlike Twilight again). Besides, I really think the dungeons where incredibly good (the sandship was just awesome). The Sky is a bit underused, similar to the Sea in Wind Waker but much smaller (which isn't necessaraly a bad thing). But the "Fields" are much more used, and you actually have to struggle (in the sense that you have to solve puzzles) to reach the dungeon.
    And you can upgrade your stuff now, which is cool and finally answer the zelda gamer dilemma "what the hell should I do with all these ruppes I've got?" Here, you won't have to worry about that.
    Seriously, try it. It's a bit like Wind Waker, in the sense that it's either one of your favourite, or one of those you dislike the most. No middle ground. As for me, I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    It looks like it's design is somewhere between Twilight and WindWaker. They said they were inspired by a famous artist (see pic below. That tree is very... uh i dont know what art style that is). I really like how colourful and adventurous it looks but i've heard those complaints you mention as well.

But anyway, i'm loving how Azz-iang are injecting the franchise with all these designs and atmosphere. I never cared much for gore, but it's not bothering me either. If anything this book puts WW in the same family with Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Hm... now that i think about it they should team up.

And again, they can still make a more adventurous book out of it or a saturday morning cartoon. Hell, didnt GL get one? Pick one of his books and they have hearts torn out of chests in every issue.

So whatever the case, keep injecting the world with art like they've done so far. We've seen Centaurs and sea horses, show us fairies, hydras, chimeras, etc.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I would kill for a lighter book, a Sensation Comics where Diana beats up Mouse Man and jokes with Etta Candy and has dates with Steve Trevor.
    So would I! I miss all those great, cheesy old villainslike Egg-Fu,Paper Man, Blue Snowman, and Multiple Man! Somebody needs to remember that these things used to be called FUNNY books and give them a major fun injection.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    So would I! I miss all those great, cheesy old villainslike Egg-Fu,Paper Man, Blue Snowman, and Multiple Man! Somebody needs to remember that these things used to be called FUNNY books and give them a major fun injection.
    Weren't you the person more in favor of books like Animal Man and Swamp Thing in another thread around here?