Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    I don't understand how Loeb has gained such influence in Marvel. I seriously think this is a real-life example of having friends in the right places. His story initiatives helped kill Heroes, and his writing has been poorly reviewed since 2007. Looking at his wiki, it doesn't look like he has very much experience in films outside of a moderate hit with Teen Wolf, and a crushing failure with Teen wolf too. Rob Liefield is better at drawing anatomy than Jeph Loeb is at writing believable characters.
    Caused Heroes to tank. Got it. Talk about a program with potential wasting it on complete BS writing. I feel the urge to keyboard smash, this is so awful... I will never forgive them for killing WatXM right before the supposed HoM/AoA season... but this might convince me to hate on something even more.

Josh Fine (EMH Producer, until leaving the show when Loeb arrived) says that the reason Yost left is that he was offered an opportunity with Marvel Studios movies that he couldn't refuse.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Ultimate Spider-man. /shudder
    Oh wow, is that it? Not a..."healthy" resume. Even if USM is good, that's not enough experience to handle an adaption of your flagship, multimedia title.

Say it aint so.

I feel like someone killed my dog. Loeb has no clue. I just finished watching all of Spiderman: The Animated Series. That was a great cartoon. Avengers EMH was great, and it scares me to think it will be getting the "Ultimate Spiderman" treatment

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Oh wow, is that it? Not a..."healthy" resume. Even if USM is good, that's not enough experience to handle an adaption of your flagship, multimedia title.
    I'm not trying to bash Loeb, mind you. He wrote some very good comic books that I'll always enjoy. But can anyone deny that his career in recent years has gone all M. Night Shyamalan? He comes up with great ideas (Or rather he rehashes older ideas very well) and then executes them poorly. Loeb is a classic example of a man addicted to twist endings. The problem is, he doesn't know how to correctly perform a dénouement. And the dénouement is the most important frickin' part! It's what leads to the twist.

A.) Magneto attacks Manhattan. B.) Many heroes die. C.) ??? D.) Doctor Doom! ( 'C' is the dénouement.)

Yeah, let's have this guy shape your animated universe from now on, Marvel.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

DCE is to Cartoons as MU is to movies.
    Funny how the world works
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hugh45 View Post
    DCE is to Cartoons as MU is to movies.
    Funny how the world works
    Marvel almost caught up with Spectacular Spider-man and EMH.
    He isn't smiling.

BANNED

Great, the older version of Bendis is now trying to screw up Marvel cartoons. Un-freaking believable. Well at least theirs the DC block I can run too. Marvel, you just dug your own grave with this decision. Better hope their movies are constant success. As to Dini I hope he leaves soon, his talents are being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Great, the older version of Bendis is now trying to screw up Marvel cartoons. Un-freaking believable. Well at least theirs the DC block I can run too. Marvel, you just dug your own grave with this decision. Better hope their movies are constant success. As to Dini I hope he leaves soon, his talents are being wasted.
    Dude, I can't see Dini's influence in that show at all, aside from Coulson's thwp!-thwp! joke. Want to know the funny part? Loeb hates serialized tv and story arcs, but I just realized that Ultimate Spider-man has a serialized arc. Norman Osborn wants to capture Spider-man and is paying Doctor Octopus to send super-agents and create monsters to catch him. If you don't watch it from week to week you won't know who the main players are, or why Osborn wants Peter. Aside from the Iron Man filler, none of these episodes are stand-alone.

Just how involved is Loeb with these shows really, if he can't notice that the product he's trying to sell to us isn't the product he's trying to sell to us?
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Jeph Loeb is in charge now, and is of the demented idea that kids simply can't handle a serial with multiple characters; to him all episodes must be self-contained and focus on what he terms "the big four" - Cap / Stark / Thor / Hulk.
    You seem to really hate Loeb. Any reason why? I loved his work on Spider-Man:Blue, I thought it was fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    You seem to really hate Loeb. Any reason why? I loved his work on Spider-Man:Blue, I thought it was fantastic
    That was almost ten years ago. Since then, everything he's written has been excremental, but worse he's actively torn down and ruined things other people have built up.

It's like he's psychotically determined to make sure people can't have nice things. I feel sorry for him, but god damn the man needs to step away from Marvel.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Sadly I only have one word to say "Nuts"

BANNED

Dude, I can't see Dini's influence in that show at all, aside from Coulson's thwp!-thwp! joke. Want to know the funny part? Loeb hates serialized tv and story arcs, but I just realized that Ultimate Spider-man has a serialized arc. Norman Osborn wants to capture Spider-man and is paying Doctor Octopus to send super-agents and create monsters to catch him. If you don't watch it from week to week you won't know who the main players are, or why Osborn wants Peter. Aside from the Iron Man filler, none of these episodes are stand-alone.

Just how involved is Loeb with these shows really, if he can't notice that the product he's trying to sell to us isn't the product he's trying to sell to us?
    Dini is one of the writers which is why I mentioned him. Yes I know their is a story arc involving Osborn and Doc Ock trying to capture Spider-Man. But its hard for me to take this plot with any attention when majority involves mimicking the Family Guy comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Jeph's work on the Ultimates undid in six issues what Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch spent three years building. He threw out everything he didn't like. Everything. Thor began speaking in faux Shakespearean, Valkyrie was suddenly a genuine Valkyrie, Quicksilver and Wanda's relationship which was always hinted at possibly being incestuous suddenly became full on squick-nothing left to the imagination-get over here and let me do my sister in the dirt-gross. He also brought back Ultimate Doom, made him really stupid, gave him blood and organs when he's supposed to be composed of living metal, and then had the Thing, whom Doom was demonstrated to be physically stronger than, perform a gut-splatter finishing move on his head. Nothing was left to the imagination with Loebs deconstruction. Ultimate Blob was hinted to be cannibalistic with previous writers, so under Loeb's pen we got to witness him eating a woman's intestines. Oh, Ultimate Jan became Caucasian. Steve went from being old-fashioned to being an ultra-conservative, Hank became a full-on psycho--

Too much. Loeb just takes cribnotes and ignores prior characterization and plot developments. He doesn't play well with others.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Dini is one of the writers which is why I mentioned him. Yes I know their is a story arc involving Osborn and Doc Ock trying to capture Spider-Man. But its hard for me to take this plot with any attention when majority involves mimicking the Family Guy comedy.
    I know Dini writes for the show. What I'm trying to convey is that it's almost impossible to notice.
    He isn't smiling.