Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default It Was Good While it Lasted -- Earth's Mightiest Heroes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissaf...ue-the-movies/

This Forbes article pretty much confirms Earth's Mightiest Heroes is being ushered out in favor of a new animated series simply titled "The Avengers.". I can only guess that this means the original rumors Of marvel making an avenger's in the ultimate spider-man universe is true, along with the rumor that they will be self-contained episodes.

This has me pretty worried, EMH is one of two animated series that I can stand to watch with the kids in my fanily and sadly Spider-Man isn't the other. The most successful cartoons, non comedy, with the under 14 demographic seems to contain long haul stories, and with the exception of Batman: TAS the same was true when I was a kid. X-Men and Spider-Man in the 90s were hugely successful from what I've read and they were marvel titles too.

I don't get why they want to scrap a winning product
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

I hope it's good.
    They're not letting their animated shows run very long lately, are they?
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    I hope it's good.
    They're not letting their animated shows run very long lately, are they?
    Jeph Loeb is in charge now, and is of the demented idea that kids simply can't handle a serial with multiple characters; to him all episodes must be self-contained and focus on what he terms "the big four" - Cap / Stark / Thor / Hulk.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I scratch my head aboutt the idea that kids don't like multiple episode story arcs, from what I gather Japanese cartoons that last forever are pretty popular with the middle school age they are aiming for
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

Damnit! We had an excellent series that adapted comic stories and spotlighted a number of characters not in the movies. It was fun, successful and reasonably faithful to the source material.

And now they're cancelling to make way for a movie tie-in series of entirely standalone episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Jeph Loeb is in charge now, and is of the demented idea that kids simply can't handle a serial with multiple characters; to him all episodes must be self-contained and focus on what he terms "the big four" - Cap / Stark / Thor / Hulk.
    So stupid, what about Justice League? 90s X-Men? Avatar which is getting a freakin' sequel because people loved it so much??

Those 4 frankly don't have the most fun personalities of the Avengers...

Ugh, when will Marvel realize the reason their shows fail is because they keep switching times/channels/cancelling everything? First Wolverine&X-Men, now this... I know I'm not their demographic but I can't stand watching Marvel shows anymore since they always get cancelled right when they're getting really good.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So stupid, what about Justice League? 90s X-Men? Avatar which is getting a freakin' sequel because people loved it so much??

Those 4 frankly don't have the most fun personalities of the Avengers...

Ugh, when will Marvel realize the reason their shows fail is because they keep switching times/channels/cancelling everything? First Wolverine&X-Men, now this... I know I'm not their demographic but I can't stand watching Marvel shows anymore since they always get cancelled right when they're getting really good.
    I don't understand how Loeb has gained such influence in Marvel. I seriously think this is a real-life example of having friends in the right places. His story initiatives helped kill Heroes, and his writing has been poorly reviewed since 2007. Looking at his wiki, it doesn't look like he has very much experience in films outside of a moderate hit with Teen Wolf, and a crushing failure with Teen wolf too. Rob Liefield is better at drawing anatomy than Jeph Loeb is at writing believable characters.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 05-05-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    I don't understand how Loeb has gained such influence in Marvel. I seriously think this is a real-life example of having friends in the right places. His story initiatives helped kill Heroes, and his writing has been poorly reviewed since 2007. Looking at his wiki, it doesn't look like he has very much experience in films outside of a moderate hit with Teen Wolf, and a crushing failure with Teen wolf too. Rob Liefield is better at drawing anatomy than Jeph Loeb is at writing believable characters.
    He was on Heroes, for whatever that's worth. But, despite the truly godawful terribleness of his comics, they usually sell quite well, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    He was on Heroes, for whatever that's worth. But, despite the truly godawful terribleness of his comics, they usually sell quite well, if I'm not mistaken.
    his beliefs about what constitutes good television are flat-out wrong. He might think that serial television is bad because of his experience with Heroes--but the thing about Heroes was that that was a serial program with really bad writing.

Wait, who was writing that show when it jumped the shark, again?
    He isn't smiling.

If Loebs heading this. I doubt it will be hood. Just going with his track record of animated cartoons over the last 3 to 4 years

Why isn't Yost in Loeb's position?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Because God hates us.

cause that would make too much sense.

This is easily the best animated superhero cartoon show around right now and Marvel is simply blowing it up.

Shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If Loebs heading this. I doubt it will be hood. Just going with his track record of animated cartoons over the last 3 to 4 years
    What is his track record for animated shows?

Why indeed? Yost has a larger record in working in animation adapting comics to successful cartoons. Helped create X-23 for cripes sake. Which would you consider a larger contribution to marvel comics? X-23 or Rulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    What is his track record for animated shows?
    Ultimate Spider-man. /shudder
    He isn't smiling.