View Poll Results: What should Damian's fate be after Morrison?

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Kill him off; nobody else can write him properly

11 11.34%
  • Let him live; he’s a great addition to the Batman family

50 51.55%
  • Let him switch to being Nightwing’s sidekick

14 14.43%
  • Change his code name to something more appropriate

0 0%
  • Have him replace (or kill off) Jason Todd and take over the Outlaws

1 1.03%
  • Give him a sex change and have him be the new Batgirl

4 4.12%
  • Have his brain / thought patterns transplanted into Titus (his dog)

3 3.09%
  • Have him and Bruce change bodies, so he takes control of Wayne Industries

0 0%
  • Have him dispatched into the past, possibly eventually returning to the present

0 0%
  • * Let him just disappear until Morrison eventually comes back to the Bat-books

5 5.15%
  • I don’t care

5 5.15%
  • Other (please explain)

4 4.12%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Well as the story goes the vote came down to a small margin in favour of killing off jason and apparently some guy had set up his phone on redial and cast a few hundred votes in favour of death. However its all rumour and impossible to prove so everybody get your trusty pinch of salt ready (the amount of salt that is pinched around here must convert to huge revenue for the salt companies). Ill look for the story and post it when i find it.

Quote Originally Posted by osoito View Post
    Well as the story goes the vote came down to a small margin in favour of killing off jason and apparently some guy had set up his phone on redial and cast a few hundred votes in favour of death. However its all rumour and impossible to prove so everybody get your trusty pinch of salt ready (the amount of salt that is pinched around here must convert to huge revenue for the salt companies). Ill look for the story and post it when i find it.
    Considering it cost 50 cents per call, that would have been quite the expensive phone bill. I'd also expect that DC would check the tally for repeat callers.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by scouter227 View Post
    This is the very first time I've ever heard that killing off Jason Todd was fixed. And they did have a reason for it. ($$$$$) It's why they rebooted the DC Universe. It's why they disrupt ongoing storylines for one shot "Event" stories which usually end up being all show and no go. Plus, Jason Todd is much more believable as someone who is off the hinge than as "Robin".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:...y#Significance

Aye. Thanks. I pictured "fixed" being an inside job, not some weirdo with a computer. But...jeez! The whole DC Universe would be different if it was more a "one person - one vote" thing.

I still remember him as being a giant douche nozzle. On par with Danny Chase from the New Teen Titans.

The Rumor of the Phone Poll: (DN is Denny O'neil, in an interview transcript)

DN: I heard it was a lawyer who was using a MacIntosh and lived in California — I obviously don’t have hard information on this, but I heard someone out there programmed his computer to dial it every couple of minutes, and since there was only about 65* votes that made the difference, if that story is true, that guy, that guy killed Jason Todd!

(***It was actually 72 votes***)

He was a jerk when he found out Batman lied, but he was getting over it. He was really grateful for Bruce's help when he set off to find his mom, he didn't want his mom to be a nut like Shiva, and he was sweet when he met his real mom. She was the douche nozzle.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Don't really understand why people are saying he needs to lighten up. His character is tons of fun. Maybe not in Tomasi's grim book, but otherwise he's a blast.

Love Damian as Robin but like others have stated he works better with Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by scouter227 View Post
    No, Jason WAS a douche. That's why people wanted him dead. They had an 800 number to kill him off. People HATED him because he was a DOUCHE.
    Just a minor correction. Jason wasn't introduced as a douche. Crisis retconned him into one which suggest to me the 800 number wasn't just thought up overnight. But he was hated before that change for being a Dick Grayson wannabe. In either case, he wasn't that well liked but he was turned into a douche to be set up to die. All in my opinion (and yes, I voted for death).

BANNED

I never thought Jason was a douche until a couple stories before his death. I think the idea that he was this universally hated Robin is just revised history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I never thought Jason was a douche until a couple stories before his death. I think the idea that he was this universally hated Robin is just revised history.
    I remember a few people at the comic shop I use to go to back then really hoping Robin would be killed off.
    (Don't know how often they called in, though. )

I was too young to call in and help decide Jason's fate, as I was 3 around that time, I think.

I think Damian is just fine as he is, its the situations he has been put in since the reboot that haven't been quite right. He needs something else in his life to counteract all the dark melodrama that is Batman and his own darker personality. I don't think a pet dog is going to cut it.

Eh, I don't like Damian at all but I'm not interested in seeing another kid take up the mantle unless one of the previous Robins does so, which besides Tim, is probably next to impossible.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Damian has really grown on me

and so has red hood/jason todd

but as red hood
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Here's a relevant question regarding Damian's future: like his Robin brothers before him, eventually, Damian will need to grow and change as a person. The question is: what will he grow into? All of his predecessors (including even Jason) started out fairly bright and happy characters and then, to differing degrees, grew more serious and grim as they grew older and had different experiences. When someone *starts* as Damian has, what can he possibly grow into?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.