Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    I'm just happy to have a Batman book to be excited about again. What the other books do isn't something I need to care about anymore, I've got my bat-fix and everything is groovy
    Theres a bat book for everyone but once Morrison is gone will you read inc?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by paulski View Post
    Pretty much.

Hey, I love Inc as much as the next guy - more, actually - but that doesn't mean the main Batman title hasn't been a great read. I'm starting to think some readers have pretty small attention spans or don't have the patience to handle a bit of 'world-building' on a title.
    I never implied that liking Inc is the cause of disliking Batman. Snyder hasn't been living up to his writing on Black Mirror. The Owls concept was interesting, but it hasn't lived up to its potential at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    For contrast, look what happened to Batman and Robin after he left that title.

Some of those issues were bat-guano, and I'm not even a huge Morrison worshipper.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For contrast, look what happened to Batman and Robin after he left that title.

Some of those issues were bat-guano, and I'm not even a huge Morrison worshipper.
    To be fair, that book was a mess because of really poor planning on DC's part. Tomasi and Gleason were set to take over, but oh wait, they still need to do work on Brightest Day (much like Ardian Syaf and Birds of Prey) so let's delay that for an arc. They get that three issue arc in, at which point, The New 52 begins to brew behind the scenes, and many teams who would be working on New 52 books are taken off, thus the Red Hood arcs (where Guillem March only drew 10 pages since he needed to work on Catwoman)

From a business point of view, keeping alive Damien holds much more value to DC now saleswise, than simply kill him of at the end of an arc.
    However doing the 'death and ressurection' thing again with Talia, yes I can see that...

But I'm among those who want to be the INC a Bat Family title after Morrison leaving, with rotating INC characters but a steady creative/art team.

If a great writer takes it over. I don't particularly care about characters, titles, etc. I care about great stories being written by great creators. So if the follow-up to Morrison is someone amazing, I'll absolutely stay with Inc. If the follow up is like...Tomasi again,then I'll drop it.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

If a great writer takes it over. I don't particularly care about characters, titles, etc. I care about great stories being written by great creators. So if the follow-up to Morrison is someone amazing, I'll absolutely stay with Inc. If the follow up is like...Tomasi again,then I'll drop it.
    I didn't realise Inc. had been confirmed as an ongoing after Morrison leaves. If that's true, it's a totally stupid DC mistake. LET IT GO, it's never going to sell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    I didn't realise Inc. had been confirmed as an ongoing after Morrison leaves. If that's true, it's a totally stupid DC mistake. LET IT GO, it's never going to sell as well.
    But it might sell well enough with the word "Batman" in the title.

And don't you think it's a wee bit early to judge it's future when you haven't even read the first issue of this run yet?
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 05-07-2012 at 06:43 PM.

BANNED

I think he just wanted finish his story ..

BANNED

Maybe JT Krul will write it. Lol!

Maybe JT Krul will write it. Lol!
    Or Rob Liefeld? (Or is he going to take over for Morrison on Action Comics?)

I didn't realise Inc. had been confirmed as an ongoing after Morrison leaves.
    It's implicit in the fact that it's part of the New 52. And Burnham confirmed that this was his understanding as well.

If that's true, it's a totally stupid DC mistake. LET IT GO, it's never going to sell as well.
    It probably won't sell AS well, but that doesn't mean it won't sell WELL. So, if it has the potential to be a good seller (as Batman & Robin has, for instance), DC would be stupid NOT to do it.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I don't know if it's been confirmed but it does seem likely. And the sad truth is doesn't have to sell as well, it just has to sell enough. And I doubt Inc will be the last added Bat-title, they'll stretch that umbrella out until it tears
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

I am so so excited for the return of Morrison's Batman Inc.

As to whether or not those of us excited will pick it up after Morrison? I'll probably give it a look, but I don't have high hopes. Post Morrison books don't have a very good history at Marvel or DC. I think at best whatever comes after will have to pale in comparison, but I'd settle for something good and fun. Put someone like Bryan Q Miller or Brian Clevinger or Jason Aaron on the book and I think you'll get something fun and entertaining. I won't go in expecting Morrison's richly layered symbolic epic, but nor will I settle for, like, Judd Winick or Peter Tomasi.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I had the idea for Batman Incorportated around age 7, while playing with a huge collection of Batman-Family related action figures, far before it was even a twinkle in Mr. Morrison's eye. Sure he added a few things...like a plot, but overall my idea. I await my compensation checks DC.

Seriously though, I hope this continues after Morrison. I think it has a great idea that could house stories that wouldn't feel right popping up in the current list of titles, of which are already a bit overcrowded and could use some trimming. However Batman Inc. would probably have a stronger future than Dark Knight with it's premise. It will most definitely change after Morrison leaves, no one could possibly attempt to continue that. More than likely it will turn into a team-up book ala what Marvel is doing with Avenging Spider-Man.