Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    These two pages are already better than all 9 issues of Batman.
    ...9? Pretty sure only eight have come out so far. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, we don't really know everything we're getting here yet.

How much of the first run of Batman Incorporated is still in place, and how much will have to be dropped or tweaked to fit in to the DCnU changed universe. (How much of that past story with Catwoman had to be relegated to the litter box?)

Is Morrison going to pick up where he left off, or will the down time between runs and his work on Action Comics going to make this run stranger and more disjointed / disorienting than the usual Morrison . . . uniqueness?
    Considering what Morrison's said in the past about continuity being a living, breathing creature that constantly adapts to change, I doubt it'll feel all too terribly different from before.

Yeah, Morrison has said he never thought his run would have much of a lasting impact anyway, and he's been given a chance to shape the new version of a character he likes way more than Batman, so I imagine the continuity issues don't really bother him very much.

BANNED

I wonder what arc he have after the damian arc. Damian is probably
    Going to die.

Well, Morrison's supposedly done with Batman Incorporated after that, so if he kills off Damian it'd be up to other writers to pick up the pieces. I honestly hope Damian isn't killed off for the same reason Morrison said he wasn't planning on killing off Bruce for real in R.I.P: that's the end of the story and there's no potential for anything else after that. Plus, as we saw with A Death in the Family and War Games, in a way, killing off Robins is typically a gateway into making Batman a giant asshole again. Building up Batman back from the raging maniac days only to crush him emotionally again would, to me, be a huge mistake on Morrison's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I wonder what arc he have after the damian arc. Damian is probably
    Going to die.
    Yeah because that would happen. You have a bigger chance that Tim Drake dies then Damian right now.

If Damien dies, then Batman and Robin ongoing ends unless a new Robin (Stephanie Brown?) steps up. Batman Inc will continue without Morrison after issue 12 (depending on sales, which will definitely be top 15 at most).

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I honestly hope Damian isn't killed off for the same reason Morrison said he wasn't planning on killing off Bruce for real in R.I.P: that's the end of the story and there's no potential for anything else after that.
    Yeah, but as Morrison also said, this will be the end of the story. This is his big finish and I wouldn't rule out anything.

The end of Morrison's story, not necessarily Damian's. I don't think, as much as no one has been able to write Damian quite like his creator has yet, that Damian's story is over just because Morrison's done with writing Batman after this. He's a good enough character that Morrison isn't the only person to ever exist who could do something interesting with him.

The end of Morrison's story, not necessarily Damian's. I don't think, as much as no one has been able to write Damian quite like his creator has yet, that Damian's story is over just because Morrison's done with writing Batman after this. He's a good enough character that Morrison isn't the only person to ever exist who could do something interesting with him.
    One of my favorite Damian stories was in Batgirl 17.

The Superman/Batman issue where he teamed up with Supergirl was also enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    These two pages are already better than all 9 issues of Batman.
    The height of hyperbole.

And, you know, it's really sad that some people can't compliment one book without insulting another.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    One of my favorite Damian stories was in Batgirl 17.

The Superman/Batman issue where he teamed up with Supergirl was also enjoyable.
    Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus. Maybe people currently haven't been enjoying Batman and Robin enough to justify keeping Damian around, but I think the idea that Damian can't be written enjoyably by anyone besides Morrison, present or future, is absurd. Especially with examples like those you just mentioned.

The end of Morrison's story, not necessarily Damian's.
    True, but I still wouldn't rule it out. Although inspired by Son of The Demon, Damian's mostly Morrison's character, and he's talked of bringing everything full circle and having a very emotional ending. Then there's the hints that Bruce keeps making about someone dying in the future that he saw too. I've no idea what's going to happen, but I do know that I'd be fine with Damian being killed. He's far and away my favourite new Bat-character, but at the same time a full story arc would be satisfying. Then again, we've seen future Damian Batman a few times, and it would be a shame not to see him again sometime. I think killing him off is unlikely, yes, but it's not impossible.

I know DC has pretty much given Morrison free reign to date, but I really question whether they would allow him to kill Damian, given his popularity and potential to make money for them.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    True, but I still wouldn't rule it out. Although inspired by Son of The Demon, Damian's mostly Morrison's character, and he's talked of bringing everything full circle and having a very emotional ending. Then there's the hints that Bruce keeps making about someone dying in the future that he saw too. I've no idea what's going to happen, but I do know that I'd be fine with Damian being killed. He's far and away my favourite new Bat-character, but at the same time a full story arc would be satisfying. Then again, we've seen future Damian Batman a few times, and it would be a shame not to see him again sometime. I think killing him off is unlikely, yes, but it's not impossible.
    Oh, I absolutely think it's highly possible, he's spoken of it as though it's a real tear-jerker and Damian was supposed to be killed in Batman and Son. I just think overall it's not the right move, and like I said the implications for the larger Bat U don't seem good if Batman loses another son. It'd kind of be Morrison overwriting his own goals in characterizing Bruce, I'd say. But if that is indeed what Morrison chooses to do, I hope it's for more reasons than "I don't want Tomasi to write him poorly".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I know DC has pretty much given Morrison free reign to date, but I really question whether they would allow him to kill Damian, given his popularity and potential to make money for them.
    Yeah, I doubt DC would allow it, but at the same time they may also see the dollar signs in killing him off . . . for a few months.

Oh, I absolutely think it's highly possible, he's spoken of it as though it's a real tear-jerker and Damian was supposed to be killed in Batman and Son. I just think overall it's not the right move, and like I said the implications for the larger Bat U don't seem good if Batman loses another son. It'd kind of be Morrison overwriting his own goals in characterizing Bruce, I'd say. But if that is indeed what Morrison chooses to do, I hope it's for more reasons than "I don't want Tomasi to write him poorly".
    I don't think he's ever expressed that attitude, he always seems happy that other people are writing his characters. And he even recommended Tomasi in an interview a while ago (either IGN or CBR, I think); he said he was into the Batman And Robin series.