Animation & Illustration

Default Aaron Allston returns to Wraith Squadron!

For fans of the "Star Wars: X-Wing" series, you might be pleased to hear that Aaron Allston has written a new Wraith Squadron book entitled Mercy Kill, returning to the series after just over 12 years.

I really enjoyed the hell out of his X-Wing novels. For my money, the X-Wing books were one of the very few consistently good self-contained EU series, both Allston and Stackpole did a great job on those. I've given up on pretty much the rest of the EU (NJO humbug), but I'll be right out in front for a new X-Wing novel.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

I'm with you Inkthinker. The last Star Wars book I picked up was LotF: Revelations, but I think this is tempting enough for me to return to the EU.

BANNED

Pretty stoked for this book

I'll probably actually read this one. Haven't read a SW book in almost 4 years.

Animation & Illustration

The Wookieepedia listing has a plot summary and some tidbits:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-wing:_Mercy_Kill

the Amazon listing:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-X-Wi.../dp/0345530594

The intrepid spies, pilots, and sharpshooters of Wraith Squadron are back in an all-new Star Wars adventure, which transpires just after the events of the Fate of the Jedi series!

Three decades have passed since Wraith Squadron carried out its last mission. Taking on the most dangerous and daring operations, the rogues and misfits of the elite X-Wing unit became legends of the Rebellion and the Second Galactic Civil War, before breaking up and going their separate ways. Now their singular skills are back in vital demand—for a tailor-made Wraith Squadron mission.

A powerful general in the Galactic Alliance Army, once renowned for his valor, is suspected of participating in the infamous Lecersen Conspiracy, which nearly toppled the Alliance back into the merciless hands of the Empire. With orders to expose and apprehend the traitor—and license to do so by any and all means—the Wraiths will become thieves, pirates, impostors, forgers . . . and targets, as they put their guts, their guns, and their riskiest game plan to the test against the most lethal of adversaries.
    The same text is on the Wookieepedia, loaded with cross-ref links, so if you don't know what the Lecersen Consipiracy is (I didn't) you can catch up a bit.

August 7th!!
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio